Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 13:51   #2116
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
John, if I were in your shoes I would get the 5K service done before embarking on a long trip. I was in a similar situation before my Mysore trip and I opted for the service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
And I on the other hand would insist you not go for the service immediately before you travel. If the system is working fine, you're better off driving long distances in that state rather than set off a niggle because of the service, shoddy workmanship, etc..
Let sleeping dogs lie.

And if you cross checked with your RM about getting service done at 6k kms, then there's absolutely no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
Take up the trip and do the service after you come back. If there are no niggles, the vehicle is fine for another couple of thousand KMs even if its rated to be serviced at 5K. Absolutely fine. I've done this in the past.
Thank you guys for the input. Decided to go ahead with the trip and get it done once I'm back. Will update the "first" service experience once done!
Old 14th August 2013, 18:59   #2117
BHPian

I figured out the bluetooth issue. If you don't approve the pbap request the first time, the phone book and call logs will not sync. Remember to tick the do not ask again tickbox and then click OK.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 19:17   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I don't remember coming across an oil leak problem on this thread earlier. Fixing a transmission oil leak like this could involve a lot of work if an oil seal has failed.

Please do keep us posted about rectification of this problem.
I did go to the workshop yesterday by 9 15 in the morning. After repeated phone calls since 11 Am and a personal visit at noon, at 4 30 PM they told me that there is an oil seal failure on the right side. They did not have the spare and have told me to come back once it is procured.
manipal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 19:20   #2119
BHPian

Guys,

Needed a doubt clarified, for those who got the brake pedal changed to the new design. Is the a 'horizontal play' in the pedal evident. I am seeing a few mm play in my new pedal, I don't remember if I had this in my old pedal. It would help if those still having the old pedal tell if they have the play too.

Kinda concerned that in case of wet footwear the foot will slip away while applying the brake. When I asked the service personnel who attended the vehicle I was told this is how it is in the new design pedal (must have checked in a few vehicle in the A** itself to verify his claim, but forgot to do it).

Thanks.
Old 14th August 2013, 21:06   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
My suggestion: Want Ananth to discuss with HQ and the experts in Mahindra and then, call me with a genuine solution.

Regards
Pramod
Take it up with Mr. Kannan. The number would be available with your RM. Else just send me a PM and I will share the same. You can also drop a mail to customer care email id on the XUV website to keep things on record. Give the complete story with the involved parties names.

Hot chilly pepper also had issue with the turbo and had got it replaced at Sireesh. Would be good to check out with him also and maybe arrange a check-up at Sireesh. HCP has some good connect there.

FundaG.
Old 14th August 2013, 22:53   #2121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Guys,

Needed a doubt clarified, for those who got the brake pedal changed to the new design. Is the a 'horizontal play' in the pedal evident. I am seeing a few mm play in my new pedal, I don't remember if I had this in my old pedal. It would help if those still having the old pedal tell if they have the play too.

Kinda concerned that in case of wet footwear the foot will slip away while applying the brake. When I asked the service personnel who attended the vehicle I was told this is how it is in the new design pedal (must have checked in a few vehicle in the A** itself to verify his claim, but forgot to do it).

Thanks.
No Sir, there is no movement as such in my XUV. I got the new pedal few months back and i dont seem to find any movements. Please have this checked.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 23:12   #2122
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Guys,

Thanks.
No! No play in my pedal as well. Please take it up with the RM. Most likely shoddy workmanship.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 23:14   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
No Sir, there is no movement as such in my XUV. I got the new pedal few months back and i dont seem to find any movements. Please have this checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
No! No play in my pedal as well. Please take it up with the RM. Most likely shoddy workmanship.
Thanks Guys for the confirmation, will take it up with the service center.
Old 16th August 2013, 00:47   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
1. What do I think, the issue is with Turbo? (WTH!!! why should I answer that???)
Ask them to check the boost pressure by connecting their OBD scanner tool. If the maximum boost is below 20 PSI, let them know you have a conked turbo and the price would be around 42K. And I hope they at least know where to order.
Old 16th August 2013, 15:21   #2125
BHPian

Do both the wiper arms stay lifted when lifted up?
In mine only the right one stays lifted, the left one just slams back to the glass when lifted.
Old 16th August 2013, 16:26   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
Do both the wiper arms stay lifted when lifted up?
In mine only the right one stays lifted, the left one just slams back to the glass when lifted.
Same here as well. You just have to be more patient to get it right, otherwise it's going to slam back in to the glass. Also even the smallest of movements would bring the wiper down. Not the right one though, it stays put.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 21:05   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Same here as well. You just have to be more patient to get it right, otherwise it's going to slam back in to the glass. Also even the smallest of movements would bring the wiper down. Not the right one though, it stays put.
It is very annoying specially when i wash the car. Is it worth getting it to the notice of the service adviser. My first visit was not so great experience, i got a huge scratch on my right front door.I did not check it at the workshop before i took the car out and now they will blame me for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_00277.jpg  

Old 18th August 2013, 18:59   #2128
BHPian

I am finally in India, Bhopal to be precise after 8 months XUV landed in the family! I came to Indore initially where my parents came to receive me in the XUV. After spending a couple of days in Indore, we drove down to Bhopal on the 9th evening. I was simply blown away by the cruising ability of this vehicle. But my mind was stuck on two things:

a) I don't feel the turbo surge at 1800rpm.

b) I cannot see the road at low beam. It is not enough.

Anyhow I completed the journey cautiously and on high beam (in the UK, I rarely have to use high beam). I spent that night thinking my turbo is gone. Luckly I had bought my bluetooth OBD scanner with me. Therefore the next day, I plugged in the scanner and did some logging on Torque Pro. I got results in between 10psi to 16psi which indicated Turbo gone.

However all these tests were done on a crowded road and on 1st to 3rd gear. I therefore had to redo the test on open roads. I took the car yesterday to an open road and floored the throttle; Woah....torque steer..and I am pinned to my seat. Next thing I am grinning end to end. My turbo is fine.

There was further good news yesterday. I got a call from close friend who came to know that I was in Bhopal. He owns a car shop and I told him about my lighting vows. He said to simply visit his shop which I did last evening.

On seeing me, he similed and showed me this(Philips 6K HID conversion kit):

I had this fitted immediately and I have no words to describe the improvement. The MRP on the boxes were Rs5000 each!! For just 10k rupees how can Mahindra leave us blind. Come on Mahindra, if we can pay 16 lakhs for a car, we can very well pay 25k( if you put a OEM price on this). I am now a very happy man
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130818_150809_1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130818_150831_1.jpg  

shibu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 19:23   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
Hi all.
Here i am back once again at the XUV500 niggles thread!
My XUV W8 which has run around 4k kms now met with a minor accident around 4-5 days ago. My dad was driving and performing an easy overtaking manoeuvre on a single lane road near our home when suddenly a pedestrian came rushing out of the bushes on the side of the road in a blissfully ignorant manner. The end result? The driver ORVM hit the man, resulting in that being broken, and luckily on hitting the car the pedestrian fell away from the car direction and escaped with minor injuries to his shoulder and knees.
Something similar happened to me today. But the good news is that the mirror housing slammed shut and the mirror itself got dislodged, fell out and broke. The housing, adjustments are all functioning (folding and swiveling correctly. Before I go to an ASC, need to know if only the mirror (covex only) can be replaced and where and how much does it cost. Do let me know if you have had such an experience before.
Old 18th August 2013, 23:33   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post

On seeing me, he similed and showed me this(Philips 6K HID conversion kit):

I had this fitted immediately and I have no words to describe the improvement.
6k should be bluish light, right.. I have heard that in normal conditions, this would be real good, but will face low visibility issues in rain and foggy conditions. A group of us XUV owners are trying to get the 4300K HID kit as it more yellowish and provides good visibility in all conditions .

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks