Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2013, 14:25   #2101
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
...yes you could be right that the sensor is the culprit here in my case. Will see if i can live this as i dont want to waste another day for a small issue.
The faulty sensor causes one more behaviour. Sometimes, the 'bonnet-open' error triggers the intrusion alarm at night, waking up the entire neighbourhood.

Have you noticed that the car beeped a couple of times when you unlocked it in the morning? That's a sign that the alarm was triggered during the night. Please keep an eye on it and get it rectified soon.
Old 10th August 2013, 14:34   #2102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The faulty sensor causes one more behaviour. Sometimes, the 'bonnet-open' error triggers the intrusion alarm at night, waking up the entire neighbourhood.

Have you noticed that the car beeped a couple of times when you unlocked it in the morning? That's a sign that the alarm was triggered during the night. Please keep an eye on it and get it rectified soon.
Thanks Sanjay. Well i havent ever heard any beep while locking or unlocking, so will keep an eye open.

Talking about beep, does your car beeps when you lock/unlock normally?
Old 10th August 2013, 18:33   #2103
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Talking about beep, does your car beeps when you lock/unlock normally?
No, it doesn't. Not during normal operation.
At the time of unlocking, if it beeps, it means that the security-alarm went off since the last time you locked the car.
At the time of locking, if it beeps, it means one of the doors is not properly closed.
Old 10th August 2013, 20:50   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

The entire incident scared me for sometime thinking about turbo failure as well as the possibility of cancelling the 10 day long vacation plans to kerala. Infact have to admit XUV is not a car that would guarantee a peaceful mind for long periods. And like some one said, there is never a dull moment with the XUV. PHEW......

FundaG
I believe this is a place not just to post niggles, but also the way Mahindra and service centre handled it.

Post the intercooler hose issue, Anant cars took my car for a thorough checkup as well as sorting some other issues like wheel alignment, MMI update etc. Also I had asked to replace the brake pedals with the new model. There was some delay in getting the part. However, hats off to Mr. Kannan Manickavasagam, Mahindra Area Manager - Bangalore, for taking a personal interest in this matter, ensuring the part was available within 2 days after a wait of almost 3 weeks.

This is the 2nd time I was interacting with Mr. Kannan regarding an issue, the earlier being getting the new brake pads, and both times it was a satisfying experience. Extending the same to Mr.Keerti, RM at Anant cars for looking into the matter. Also was happy to know that Tbhp is followed by all parties involved and hence any post is bound to generate reactions across levels.

Looking forward to a niggle free bangalore-trivandrum-bangalore trip and so forth.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 23:01   #2105
BHPian

I have completed 1000kms on my XUV AWD in the first month. I had my first serious issue apart from a few rattles from the rear seat and the hat (if I can say so) of the speedo dials. There were few drops of oil below the car where ever I have parked. I did get below the car today to have a look as to where is it leaking (photos attached). I found it to be leaking from the front differential, where the right front axle comes out. The drain nut seems to be alright. I hope it is not an oil seal failure.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130805-20.02.32.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130808-17.35.28.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130810-18.22.20.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130810-18.22.49.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130810-18.22.55.jpg  

manipal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 06:52   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
There were few drops of oil below the car where ever I have parked. I did get below the car today to have a look as to where is it leaking (photos attached). I found it to be leaking from the front differential, where the right front axle comes out. The drain nut seems to be alright. I hope it is not an oil seal failure.
I don't remember coming across an oil leak problem on this thread earlier. Fixing a transmission oil leak like this could involve a lot of work if an oil seal has failed.

Please do keep us posted about rectification of this problem.
Old 11th August 2013, 06:53   #2107
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
..There were few drops of oil below the car where ever I have parked. I did get below the car today to have a look as to where is it leaking (photos attached). I found it to be leaking from the front differential, where the right front axle comes out. The drain nut seems to be alright. I hope it is not an oil seal failure.
Don't want to alarm you, but that does look concerning. Please get it rectified from the service center at the earliest.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 21:18   #2108
BHPian

Last month while driving to home on a weekend, I started to hear some rattling noise from the engine bay. I suspected that it was caused by the hooter rubbing against the belt and called up Anant cars to check whether I can drive the car over to the service center to fix it. The RM there was clueless on what the issue could be and told me that she would check with someone and call me back. The call never came and so I called Leo from Sireesh auto. He immediately asked me to drive the vehicle slowly to one of the service centers. As suspected, the issue was the hooter and it was replaced along with the alternator belt. Since the car had covered about 9000 odd Kms the 10,000 Km service was also done at the time.

-- Wind
Wind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 21:35   #2109
BHPian

Need some expert advice - my xuv odo is at 4800 kms now and I'm planning to do a 1000 km (to and fro) on August 15. Checked with my RM at anant auto in bangalore and she tells me that there's nothing to worry and I can do the first service at 6000 km. What do you guys think? Am not facing any major issue but the one I mentioned earlier of Hill Hold/Dec/ ABS warning lights glowing.
Old 12th August 2013, 13:07   #2110
BHPian

Quote:

This is the 2nd time I was interacting with Mr. Kannan regarding an issue, the earlier being getting the new brake pads, and both times it was a satisfying experience.

FundaG
Agree absolutely FG. Mr Kannan is a great guy. I too have found him very helpful.

Quote:
There were few drops of oil below the car where ever I have parked.
Really sorry to hear this less than a week since we personally met, when we were grinning from ear to ear, so happy with our respective XUVs. Hope it turns out to be a non-issue. If you need any help do call me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Need some expert advice - my xuv odo is at 4800 kms now and I'm planning to do a 1000 km (to and fro) on August 15. Checked with my RM at anant auto in bangalore and she tells me that there's nothing to worry and I can do the first service at 6000 km. What do you guys think? Am not facing any major issue but the one I mentioned earlier of Hill Hold/Dec/ ABS warning lights glowing.
John, if I were in your shoes I would get the 5K service done before embarking on a long trip. I was in a similar situation before my Mysore trip and I opted for the service.
Old 12th August 2013, 13:17   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Need some expert advice - my xuv odo is at 4800 kms now and I'm planning to do a 1000 km (to and fro) on August 15. Checked with my RM at anant auto in bangalore and she tells me that there's nothing to worry and I can do the first service at 6000 km. What do you guys think? Am not facing any major issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
John, if I were in your shoes I would get the 5K service done before embarking on a long trip. I was in a similar situation before my Mysore trip and I opted for the service.
And I on the other hand would insist you not go for the service immediately before you travel. If the system is working fine, you're better off driving long distances in that state rather than set off a niggle because of the service, shoddy workmanship, etc..
Let sleeping dogs lie.

And if you cross checked with your RM about getting service done at 6k kms, then there's absolutely no problem.
Old 13th August 2013, 23:37   #2112
BHPian

Really sorry to hear this less than a week since we personally met, when we were grinning from ear to ear, so happy with our respective XUVs. Hope it turns out to be a non-issue. If you need any help do call me.

Thanks for all the help and support Heavy Horse. It did keep my nerves calm. I was told by the Service adviser that Mr Kannan has left his position.
Old 14th August 2013, 08:05   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
I was told by the Service adviser that Mr Kannan has left his position.
I sent a message to Kannan after reading this, he was surprised to hear this. He is very much in his position, he is just on leave. Don't know why your RM said that
Old 14th August 2013, 10:00   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Need some expert advice - my xuv odo is at 4800 kms now and I'm planning to do a 1000 km (to and fro) on August 15.
Take up the trip and do the service after you come back. If there are no niggles, the vehicle is fine for another couple of thousand KMs even if its rated to be serviced at 5K. Absolutely fine. I've done this in the past.
Old 14th August 2013, 13:07   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
I believe this is a place not just to post niggles, but also the way Mahindra and service centre handled it.

Post the intercooler hose issue, FundaG
* 1st Visit to the Ananth Auto to get this rectified : I came out with the lines cleaned up (Ananth Auto Version). --> Issue seemed resolved.

Observation: Now, I could see the Turbo kickin around 1.8k rpm and that surge of power

* 2 days later, Turbo doesn't kick in again. Only in 2nd Gear.
I feel it is acting fine in 3rd gear though. This is ridiculous.

* I got the customary call about the service feedback from Ananth auto on the 2nd day after service and I give them the feedback that, issue still there.

* Mahindra HQ calls me asking about the Service feedback and I give them the details of the Turbo issue and also suggested them to involve the experts on Turbo unit so that, we can figure out the RCA and then fix the issue.

* So finally Ananth calls back yest asking me:
1. What do I think, the issue is with Turbo? (WTH!!! why should I answer that???)
2. What do I think, should be the next time? (AGAIN!)
3. They suggest, I can leave the vehicle at Ananth, to which I replied, I am not interested in leaving the car at service center, without them having a clue about the root cause.

My suggestion: Want Ananth to discuss with HQ and the experts in Mahindra and then, call me with a genuine solution.

Regards
Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks