Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 01:20   #2071
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Here's a screenshot right after I checked my tyres. As you can see, the pressures are all over the place.

Attachment 1117922
Im pretty sure that its not a fault with the app. My money is on the TPMS software or worst case the TPMS sensors itself.
Old 29th July 2013, 04:04   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Here's a screenshot right after I checked my tyres. As you can see, the pressures are all over the place.

Attachment 1117922
Such minor variations in tyre pressures do exist and is safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Fair enough. How would one go about figuring which type/design of bullbar works well with the airbag sensors and when it does not ?

Attachment 1117920
I found this particular bumper-guard quite appealing and was wondering if this one would have any negative impact on the XUV ? Can i validate the impact this would have on the XUV ? I know of many friends/relatives abroad who use bull-bars/guards on their SUV's.
All I can say is - use it at your own risk. You need to choose your priorities - occupant safety or a scratch-less bumper. Buying a car with 6 airbags and then installing anything which MAY affect its performance frankly does not make sense to me, even if the probability is low.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 29th July 2013 at 04:07.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 09:54   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Fair enough. How would one go about figuring which type/design of bullbar works well with the airbag sensors and when it does not ?

Attachment 1117920
I found this particular bumper-guard quite appealing and was wondering if this one would have any negative impact on the XUV ? Can i validate the impact this would have on the XUV ? I know of many friends/relatives abroad who use bull-bars/guards on their SUV's.
Also read somewhere bull bars were not a great safety feature for monocoque vehicles apart from style and saving the bumpers from minor impacts. For ladder designs the impact would be taken by the chassis and thereby saving the body of any major damage. And since most SUV's have ladder design, the bull bars do the work. Am no expert on this to validate how correct this is, so expert view please.

FundaG
Old 29th July 2013, 12:55   #2074
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How is it then that M&M is selling the bullbars tailored to fit for Scorpio/XUV/Bolero ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I dont think that M&M is selling any bull bars directly.
raj is correct. When the local M&M guy was showing me the accessories I commented on the poor F&F of the bullbar as the horizontal bar covering the bumper across its length looked a little bent or rather with a curve towards the front instead of being straight or with a curve to follow the curvature of the bumper on the edges. And the guy there was very specific in telling me that these are locally manufactured things which they store since people want these as well. Otherwise unlike other accessories there is no M&M authorized bullbar available in the market. That made sense to me as well.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 13:49   #2075
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
... Otherwise unlike other accessories there is no M&M authorized bullbar available in the market. That made sense to me as well.
I am pretty sure I have seen MGA bullbar displayed prominently in the official MGA corner in my service center.
Old 1st August 2013, 16:22   #2076
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1117920
This bumper guard actually looks nice. However this is purely cosmetic ( read Plastic). And off course way better off than those ugly shiny welded steel pipes bolted directly to the chassis. This bull bar is ideal if one wants to fit some aftermarket lamps say Hella or Lightforces. Otherwise I don’t think you can fix them, unless you drill and fix it on the bumpers directly. Xryder is it the same for Fortuners, or a different one. Can you please check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I am pretty sure I have seen MGA bullbar displayed prominently in the official MGA corner in my service center.
last time I asked I was being told that there’s no “official release” of bull bars. Will check next time and revert.
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:49   #2077
BHPian

I was driving in the night in pouring rain last week and I felt the visibility with head light was pathetic. More so with low beam than high beam. Anyone found a solution for this? I know bulb upgrade to 90/100 or HID's a re options.

Having explored a little HID's are expensive and may not have significant benefit in pouring rain. What about 90/100 specs? Would getting either of these fitted void the warranty ?
Old 2nd August 2013, 10:23   #2078
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
I was driving in the night in pouring rain last week and I felt the visibility with head light was pathetic. More so with low beam than high beam. Anyone found a solution for this? I know bulb upgrade to 90/100 or HID's a re options.

Having explored a little HID's are expensive and may not have significant benefit in pouring rain. What about 90/100 specs? Would getting either of these fitted void the warranty ?
Warranty is a tricky subject. Have to navigate carefully.

Do you know what is the wattage of the stock low-beam bulbs?
Read on this forum that 80w bulbs are available at the service center and that might be a (compromise) solution for getting better visibility without any warranty hassles.
Old 2nd August 2013, 10:34   #2079
BHPian

Quote:

I believe they are 55/60. People mentioned that Philips xtreme and Osram night breakers are options as they are in the same wattage range with better light than stock bulbs, hence don't void the warranty. I have written to the customer service head of Anant Cars at M&M about this and he has promised a response on this issue.

Quote:
Read on this forum that 80w bulbs are available at the service center and that might be a (compromise) solution for getting better visibility without any warranty hassles.
I did tell him about this 80W bulbs, but he wasn't aware, have asked him to confirm from technical team at M&M and revert. Has anyone from Bangalore got it changed at the dealership to these 80W bulbs?
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 19:18   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
I believe they are 55/60. People mentioned that Philips xtreme and Osram night breakers are options as they are in the same wattage range with better light than stock bulbs, hence don't void the warranty. I have written to the customer service head of Anant Cars at M&M about this and he has promised a response on this issue.

I did tell him about this 80W bulbs, but he wasn't aware, have asked him to confirm from technical team at M&M and revert. Has anyone from Bangalore got it changed at the dealership to these 80W bulbs?
The bulbs are 55w Philips blue vision. The spares given are Osaram.
I have fitted HID on the low beam but not happy. The only good thing is the other vehicle dip their beam. On the highway I still need to use the high beam also.
Has any one used higher wattage bulbs? What your opinion?
Old 3rd August 2013, 00:05   #2081
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
The bulbs are 55w Philips blue vision. The spares given are Osaram.
I have fitted HID on the low beam but not happy. The only good thing is the other vehicle dip their beam. On the highway I still need to use the high beam also.
Has any one used higher wattage bulbs? What your opinion?
One of our fellow bhpians Xryder has been in discussion with his RM and it appears they are ready to install the HID kits without any loss in warranty. Infact I also heard that the South Africa version has HID on the low beams by default.

Currently around 12 of us are ready to purchase as a group to get a good discount. More numbers would mean we can try for some more discount. Trying to get Philips 4000K which would mean better visibility in the all situations including rain.

Anyone interested can get in touch with Xryder for further details.

FundaG
Old 3rd August 2013, 00:20   #2082
Senior - BHPian

My concern with installing HID's in XUV is that the way so many low beam bulbs go kaput so frequently, with HID they would cost a lot to replace them every time.
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:22   #2083
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I faced a new issue on my 2013 Feb XUV W6.

Turbo stopped working. The characteristic Surge of power at 1800 rpm went missing in all gears.

Got tested at Ananth Auto Bangalore today.

Root Cause: Clogging of lines leading to Turbo Charger.

SOlution: CLeaning and clearing the clog in the lines and cleaning Air filter.

The vehicle is back with a bang with that soothing surge.
I am greatful that, it got resolved so easily within half a day. I suspected the worst, wherein turbo may have completely failed.

Regards
Pramod
pramod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:56   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post

Turbo stopped working. The characteristic Surge of power at 1800 rpm went missing in all gears.

Got tested at Ananth Auto Bangalore today.

SOlution: CLeaning and clearing the clog in the lines and cleaning Air filter.
This seems pretty strange, considering that your XUV is quite new. I have the following queries :
  1. How many KM has your XUV clocked?
  2. Was the clogging in the air intake line or the exhaust gas line? From your post it appears that the air intake line was clogged. This seems technically almost impossible to me. More likely, the air filter was clogged.
  3. Do you drive a lot in extremely dusty environments?
  4. Was your air filter cleaned or replaced? I was given the impression by my ASC that the XUV air filter cannot be cleaned.
  5. Were the exhaust gas lines connected with the turbo also cleaned?
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:46   #2085
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Hello Folks,

Turbo stopped working. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
This seems pretty strange, considering that your XUV is quite new. I have the following queries :
  1. Was the clogging in the air intake line or the exhaust gas line? From your post it appears that the air intake line was clogged. This seems technically almost impossible to me. More likely, the air filter was clogged.
The inlet and outlet of the turbo are really decent sized pipes and not really 'lines'. So would agree with debuda's comments. Can't imagine these pipes (which handle only gases anyways) were clogged.

The tubo needs oil as well for lubrication I believe. Is that the line they were talking about?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks