Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2013, 13:39   #2056
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Nope. The temperature on every tyre is different. One was 47 degrees, another was 30 degrees. Its all over the place. Hopefully its not a TPMS error.
Can't imagine why the temperatures would be so different across the 4 tyres. There is definitely something not right. :(
Old 26th July 2013, 13:49   #2057
BHPian

In my case, the door's inner panel was taken out, the latch mechanism was removed and lubricated with a synthetic lubricant and then put back. Its been a few months since then and I have not faced the same problem again in the same or other doors. Phew!!
Old 26th July 2013, 18:48   #2058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I use the app. For some reason it always show tyre pressure as 29 in all tyres. I checked pressure at two different pumps and at both pumps it was 32 psi for the front tyres and 30 psi for the rear, as per the manual. So I'm not sure the app is accurate.
For me this app is not working at all. It doesn't get connected. Now i remember why i removed this app when i got it initially.
Old 26th July 2013, 18:57   #2059
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
For me this app is not working at all. It doesn't get connected. Now i remember why i removed this app when i got it initially.
This means your infotainment system is still running the old version. After launching the BlueSense M&M asked all the service centers to upgrade the interface so that BlueSense works with it. Get that done and then you should be good.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 19:12   #2060
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Came back home, read the TPMS re-learning procedure and started as per the instructions. Got the car in the relearning mode, after one unsucessful attempt. ...

After releasing quite a lot of air, still no change in status. No beep either. Started getting worried that I am going to release just too much air and would have to drive to the tyre-walla again. While I was still releasing more air from the front-right, the car gave 4 beeps (relearning-failed) and came out of the "TPMS-Relearning" mode!

... Gave up.

So now one fine morning when there is not too much crowd at the tyre-wall shop, I have to go there, inflate to something like 40psi and then try the circus all over again and keep my fingers crossed that I am able to get all 5 tyres learnt before the system comes out of relearning-mode!
Here's the story of the 2nd unsuccessful attempt:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3190387
Old 26th July 2013, 21:32   #2061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
This means your infotainment system is still running the old version. After launching the BlueSense M&M asked all the service centers to upgrade the interface so that BlueSense works with it. Get that done and then you should be good.
In addition to this, you will have to remove the pairing information that will be still present and re-pair your Bluetooth device. Without the re-pair the BlueSense App will not work. The guy at Anant Cars, Bangalore mentioned this to me when I got the IS software upgraded
Old 27th July 2013, 00:11   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post

In addition to this, you will have to remove the pairing information that will be still present and re-pair your Bluetooth device. Without the re-pair the BlueSense App will not work. The guy at Anant Cars, Bangalore mentioned this to me when I got the IS software upgraded
Speaking of bluetooth, is anyone facing an issue where the call doesn't go through and the display still shows the calling screen? My phone dialling and receiving has become a bit of a laggard on the bluetooth system. Think I might have to re-pair my phone.

Also, the text message readout feature doesn't work on jellybean.
Old 28th July 2013, 17:41   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I have the latest version and yet, the tyre-pressure shown by the bluesense app is incorrect always. I fill up Nitrogen and top it to the right pressure 30/32 PSI, yet the blue sense app does not show the correct value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
I have paired with my android and re-paired it. No change in the error with the tyre-pressure values.

Quote:
Speaking of bluetooth, is anyone facing an issue where the call doesn't go through and the display still shows the calling screen? My phone dialling and receiving has become a bit of a laggard on the bluetooth system. Think I might have to re-pair my phone.

Also, the text message readout feature doesn't work on jellybean.
I have feaced this issues quite a few times. No apparent fix to this, either from the IS nor from the phone. The SMS functionality never worked for me from day 01.

As for the bullbars and its impact on the Air-bag deployment, I am told that it is a myth. I have not researched into this, but if anyone has, please share your insights.

HID KIT UPDATE
There is a group of 12 XUV owners who are planning to approach a Philip's distributor in Bangalore for a bulk purchase of the HID 4300K H7. More buyers means better discounts. If anybody is interested, please PM me.

Last edited by Xryder : 28th July 2013 at 17:50.
Old 28th July 2013, 18:56   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
As for the bullbars and its impact on the Air-bag deployment, I am told that it is a myth. I have not researched into this, but if anyone has, please share your insights.[/i]
As far as I know, the airbags are triggered by sensors which measure the rate of deceleration which is the primary information that the airbag control module relies on in modern cars. Impact sensors, door pressure sensors, wheel speed sensors, brake pressure sensors, and seat occupancy sensors (wherever equipped) all provide supplementary information to the airbag control module wherein it decides whether to deploy the airbags or not.

Disclaimer: Did some research on the internet to gather the above information. Please contact your respective car manufacturers to get the detailed airbag wiring/deployment plan from them

Last edited by Sisu : 28th July 2013 at 18:58.
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 20:08   #2065
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post

As far as I know, the airbags are triggered by sensors which measure the rate of deceleration which is the primary information that the airbag control module relies on in modern cars. Impact sensors, door pressure sensors, wheel speed sensors, brake pressure sensors, and seat occupancy sensors (wherever equipped) all provide supplementary information to the airbag control module wherein it decides whether to deploy the airbags or not.

Disclaimer: Did some research on the internet to gather the above information. Please contact your respective car manufacturers to get the detailed airbag wiring/deployment plan from them
Correct. Airbag deploy based on a calibrated, vehicle specific deceleration rate. Adding bull bars and taking the impact on bull bars affect this calibration
Old 28th July 2013, 21:14   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
Correct. Airbag deploy based on a calibrated, vehicle specific deceleration rate. Adding bull bars and taking the impact on bull bars affect this calibration

How is it then that M&M is selling the bullbars tailored to fit for Scorpio/XUV/Bolero ?
Old 28th July 2013, 23:35   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
How is it then that M&M is selling the bullbars tailored to fit for Scorpio/XUV/Bolero ?
I believe you are right in one aspect Xryder. The bullbar does not really affect the airbags deployment controls fully.
In addition to the inputs from the sensors mentioned earlier like door pressure, deceleration rate, break and accelerator positions etc, one important inputs i.e. the impact one for which the sensors are most probably embedded in the front portions can get affected by the bull bar. Logically the sensors would be located in the crumple zones of the vehicle. The bull bar may effect the sequence of the crumpling in some situations and may delay the deployment of the airbags in case the other sensors do not the trigger the same by themselves.
I think the fine print in the sale agreement of the accessories says it all whether it's bullbars or sidesteps or for that matter anything else.
Old 28th July 2013, 23:42   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think that M&M is selling any bull bars directly.

These are usually sold by the dealers to gain some extra incentive and they usually dont care about your safety. Anyways, these will never authorize the use of these bull bars from a safety perspective.

I dont think M&M will warrant a claim about non-deployment of airbags either, if the vehicle is fitted with bull bars. I remember reading such a thing in the owner's manual. They will consider it as a "non authorized additional fitment".
Old 28th July 2013, 23:53   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
..I think the fine print in the sale agreement of the accessories says it all whether it's bullbars or sidesteps or for that matter anything else.
Fair enough. How would one go about figuring which type/design of bullbar works well with the airbag sensors and when it does not ?

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-image.jpeg
I found this particular bumper-guard quite appealing and was wondering if this one would have any negative impact on the XUV ? Can i validate the impact this would have on the XUV ? I know of many friends/relatives abroad who use bull-bars/guards on their SUV's.

Last edited by Xryder : 28th July 2013 at 23:55.
Old 29th July 2013, 00:47   #2070
BHPian

Quote:

I have the latest version and yet, the tyre-pressure shown by the bluesense app is incorrect always. I fill up Nitrogen and top it to the right pressure 30/32 PSI, yet the blue sense app does not show the correct value.

I have paired with my android and re-paired it. No change in the error with the tyre-pressure values.

Here's a screenshot right after I checked my tyres. As you can see, the pressures are all over the place.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130729_004624.png
Views: 4102
Size:  364.4 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks