Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 13:07   #2041
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
This is the rain sensor assembly and the covers that protect this assembly fall off at the drop of a hat. It one day came off when I was cleaning the glass from inside

No doubt it came off when your son pulled it. I want to talk to them to get it replaced with a one that fits better or everything is the same put some sort of a plaster to prevent it from falling off.
To change the rain sensor assembly, they would have to change the windscreen too as each assembly is calibrated to a single windscreen since production stage. Recalibration to a new windscreen is not possible at the dealer level at least.

I would not recommend to changing the whole windscreen. You never know how well or badly trained the grease monkeys at the dealership are

You should instead find a way to attach the cover permanently on the assembly (quick-fix or Araldite maybe?)

Last edited by Sisu : 25th July 2013 at 13:07. Reason: Punctuation
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 14:01   #2042
rlg
BHPian

Atleast some of your remote problems sounds like what I had. The unlock button didn't wake up the remote sometimes. The lock button always worked. Unlock starts working if I press lock once. The RM said it was some alignment issue inside and fixed it in 5 min. It has been working fine for a few months now after that.
rlg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 14:51   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
To change the rain sensor assembly, they would have to change the windscreen too as each assembly is calibrated to a single windscreen since production stage. Recalibration to a new windscreen is not possible at the dealer level at least.

I would not recommend to changing the whole windscreen. You never know how well or badly trained the grease monkeys at the dealership are

You should instead find a way to attach the cover permanently on the assembly (quick-fix or Araldite maybe?)
Hi Sisu,

I am not talking of the assembly, only the covering for it, which is kind of fitted badly to the rear view mirror. That is pretty loose and doesn't need too much effort to get of at all
Old 25th July 2013, 15:09   #2044
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
SDP, Have been reading about the 'learning procedure' for the tyre sensors in the earlier posts. Would doing that for all four swapped tyres remove the 'RR tyre swapped' message ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
One of the M&M videos actually shows that we need to press the TPMS button on the left side of the dials when the message pops up and that takes care of it. Unfortunately that claim is not true. Did that n number of times. Regular press, long press, press the exit button; tried all combinations. Doesn't work.

Relearning is required when all tyre positions change as in a tyre-rotation procedure. As a last resort, I am planning to do that as well. Needs 2 people and one needs to release some amount of air from the tyres..so the tyre should be at least a little bit over-inflated (mine are not at this point).
I filled up air today morning and it was quite confusing with the Blusense app showing tyre-positions different than how they are on the vehicle. I asked the guy to inflate all tyres to 34 psi. He did that. I checked the blusense app and it showed rear-right as 28. I asked him to fill that up further. He said there is already too much, but filled more anyways. But there was no change in the 28psi shown by the app. Then it struck me that although the RM has claimed that he has done the relearning after the tyre-rotation, may be it is not done and that's why the tyre-position shown on the app is not matching with actual positions. So the 28 psi was correct, but it was one of the remaining 4 tyres. After another 15-20 seconds of trying to figure out which tyre it was which was at 28psi, I gave up. The tyre-wala also had 2 puncture customers waiting and was not keen on experimenting with me.

Came back home, read the TPMS re-learning procedure and started as per the instructions. Got the car in the relearning mode, after one unsucessful attempt. The left-front tyre started showing "Learning". Got off from the car and started releasing air from the front-left. Released a bit and checked, it was still showing "Learning". Did that multiple times and then FINALLY it gave a loud beep and the Front-Left status changed to "Learnt" and the Front-Right changed to "Learning". Its a slow-learner :-)! Moved to that wheel and started releasing the air. After releasing quite a lot of air, still no change in status. No beep either. Started getting worried that I am going to release just too much air and would have to drive to the tyre-walla again. While I was still releasing more air from the front-right, the car gave 4 beeps (relearning-failed) and came out of the "TPMS-Relearning" mode!

Switched the car off and put it in the relearning mode once again. It started from left-front tyre again!. I was like - I don't have too much air left in there for all this bafoonery. Still released some air from the left-front, but no beep from the car. Checked the pressure, it had already dropped to 28-29psi. Couldn't take any more chances with releasing more air. Gave up.

So now one fine morning when there is not too much crowd at the tyre-wall shop, I have to go there, inflate to something like 40psi and then try the circus all over again and keep my fingers crossed that I am able to get all 5 tyres learnt before the system comes out of relearning-mode!

Last edited by SDP : 25th July 2013 at 15:14.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 15:45   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for that.
However in this case I heard a faint unlocking sound from the car when I remote unlocked it, but it wouldn't open.
Same happened with the key unlock.
Yea. The same thing happened to me. Couldn't replicate it this morning though. Weird.
Old 25th July 2013, 15:48   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
So now one fine morning when there is not too much crowd at the tyre-wall shop, I have to go there, inflate to something like 40psi and then try the circus all over again and keep my fingers crossed that I am able to get all 5 tyres learnt before the system comes out of relearning-mode!
That seems to be the only way SDP. This sure looks like a cumbersome task. The manual make it sound too easy actually. I had a puncture in rear left tire and I drove with a swapped tire for couple of days with the display showing the error. Thankfully, everything came to the earlier OK status as soon as I did the repair and re-swapped the tires to the original positions. Would definitely make sure to try this only on some weekend run to the 'Hawa-wala' and not on any other time.
Old 25th July 2013, 18:08   #2047
Team-BHP Support

Get a air compressor and then play all this learning-relearning game to your heart's content. By the way, M&M's manuals always make things look simple when there are actually demons hidden underneath. I learnt that the last time when I tried to change a fused headlight bulb.

Quote:
I checked the blusense app and it showed rear-right as 28.
By the way Sanjay, does the bluesense app show the tyre pressure as well? Then it makes sense to download the app... may be! The Tyretronics interface in the car only shows the pressure when it drops to 25 pSi or below. Otherwise it is just OK. The app seems to add some value then afterall! Till date I never bothered with it as I could not think of one real good reason when W8 already has multiple ways of controlling that infotainment console.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th July 2013 at 19:38.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 19:12   #2048
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
...By the way Sanjay, does the bluesense app show the tyre pressure as well? Then it makes sense to download the app... may be! The Tyretronics interface in the car only shows the pressure when it drops to 25 pSi or below. Otherwise it is just OK. The app seems to add some value then afterall! Till date I never bothered with it as I could not think of one real good reason when W8 already has multiple ways of controlling that infotainment console.
Yes, the app does show pressure and temperature details of 4 tyres!
That's possibly the only really unique thing about the app. Even I was surprised when I realized this.

Also, the user-interface is blue which is pleasing to the eye. Try it out!
Old 25th July 2013, 20:40   #2049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the app does show pressure and temperature details of 4 tyres!
That's possibly the only really unique thing about the app. Even I was surprised when I realized this.

Also, the user-interface is blue which is pleasing to the eye. Try it out!
Hope it works with W6 as well. Though i got this app long time back, but never got to use it. Will check today (if i remember) if this app works for me.
Old 25th July 2013, 21:53   #2050
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hope it works with W6 as well. Though i got this app long time back, but never got to use it. Will check today (if i remember) if this app works for me.
If I remember correctly, W6 has bluetooth, but not TPMS. So the app should work at least partially.
Old 25th July 2013, 22:13   #2051
BHPian

my friends XUV's wiper arm has been damaged. The car wash person slipped and hung on to the wiper for support. The wiper arm snapped at the joint.

Any idea how much it costs to replace it ?
Old 26th July 2013, 09:56   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

I use the app. For some reason it always show tyre pressure as 29 in all tyres. I checked pressure at two different pumps and at both pumps it was 32 psi for the front tyres and 30 psi for the rear, as per the manual. So I'm not sure the app is accurate.
Old 26th July 2013, 10:00   #2053
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I use the app. For some reason it always show tyre pressure as 29 in all tyres. I checked pressure at two different pumps and at both pumps it was 32 psi for the front tyres and 30 psi for the rear, as per the manual. So I'm not sure the app is accurate.
The app is just an interface that displays the data that is fed from the TPMS system. Couple of possibilities:
1. There might be an issue with the TPMS itself.
2. You might be looking at the temperature and not the pressure in the app
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 10:14   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
The app is just an interface that displays the data that is fed from the TPMS system. Couple of possibilities:
Yep exactly, I was about to write the same. The way the pressure and temperature readings are placed on the screen is not intuitive at all. I have read the temperature and gone to the air filling station to find out everything is fine
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 11:50   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. The temperature on every tyre is different. One was 47 degrees, another was 30 degrees. Its all over the place. Hopefully its not a TPMS error.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks