Old 15th July 2013, 21:48   #1981
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
So manual is not correct for this also.

FundaG.
If you are talking about the e-manual that can be downloaded from the MM site,
I'd say it is a wishlist, rather than a manual that you can refer. The discrepancies are umpteenth...
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 09:48   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
This does look awkward. I dont think its there in my XUV, however will check once i leave from office today.
It sure does. After this post, I have noticed two XUVs with such a gap on the left rear corner. The gap is not consistant, but there sure is some difference in the two rear corners. Will keep watching out for more.
Old 17th July 2013, 20:53   #1983
BHPian

Visited the service centre seeing Face book post on upgrade the map to version 8. Never knew that was an invitation to another set of niggles. They "tried" upgrading the maps on my car and as usual GPS is no more working. Luckily rest of the system is functioning well. As per my RM, out of 5 upgrades 3 failed on that day. I am wondering why cant they get a firmware upgrade properly tested and make sure there is a 100% pass rate before the release. Now they are awaiting Nippon to get some solution for the past 4 days (Obviously another HU replacement).
HotChillyPepper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 21:16   #1984
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Visited the service centre seeing Face book post on upgrade the map to version 8. Never knew that was an invitation to another set of niggles. They "tried" upgrading the maps on my car and as usual GPS is no more working. Luckily rest of the system is functioning well. As per my RM, out of 5 upgrades 3 failed on that day. I am wondering why cant they get a firmware upgrade properly tested and make sure there is a 100% pass rate before the release. Now they are awaiting Nippon to get some solution for the past 4 days (Obviously another HU replacement).
That's bad. I have been avoiding any trips to the service center for precisely the same reason. Last time I asked them to upgrade my trip-meter to 4 digits, they did it and goofed up my reversing horn. Before that they rotated my tyres and now the "RR tyre swapped" message haunts me every day.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 22:39   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Last time I asked them to upgrade my trip-meter to 4 digits, they did it and goofed up my reversing horn.
I too had requested for upgrade of trip meter & mapmyindia at TVS Cochin. But was informed that they are yet to recieve the the same from M&M.

I don't know why this delay, but in hindsight it proving to be blessing in disguise.

Also wrt to brake pedal, they told me that they have not recieved any intimation from M&M to change brake pedal
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 02:00   #1986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post

It sure does. After this post, I have noticed two XUVs with such a gap on the left rear corner. The gap is not consistant, but there sure is some difference in the two rear corners. Will keep watching out for more.
Thankfully its not an issue in my xuv. They look all the same as you can see below, even though i had a real good bang in my intial ownership of xuv.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130718_020037.png
Views: 3340
Size:  564.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130718_020131.png
Views: 3252
Size:  517.4 KB
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 10:29   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thankfully its not an issue in my xuv. They look all the same as you can see below, even though i had a real good bang in my intial ownership of xuv.
That's good to know nitinralli. It means this is a workmanship problem in individual pieces. Will check what can be done in my next visit to the service centre.

Quote:
Before that they rotated my tyres and now the "RR tyre swapped" message haunts me every day.
SDP, Have been reading about the 'learning procedure' for the tyre sensors in the earlier posts. Would doing that for all four swapped tyres remove the 'RR tyre swapped' message ?

Quote:
HCP, Is this upgrade done using the USB connection provided in the small glove box on the top of the HU ?The one with the glossy cover. I read earlier that this particular connection is especially for the MMI updates. So wondering if we can try it ourselves by downloading from the net or this has to be done through the backend using some sort of interface with the service center system.
yogibear007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 10:36   #1988
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
SDP, Have been reading about the 'learning procedure' for the tyre sensors in the earlier posts. Would doing that for all four swapped tyres remove the 'RR tyre swapped' message ? ...
One of the M&M videos actually shows that we need to press the TPMS button on the left side of the dials when the message pops up and that takes care of it. Unfortunately that claim is not true. Did that n number of times. Regular press, long press, press the exit button; tried all combinations. Doesn't work.

Relearning is required when all tyre positions change as in a tyre-rotation procedure. As a last resort, I am planning to do that as well. Needs 2 people and one needs to release some amount of air from the tyres..so the tyre should be at least a little bit over-inflated (mine are not at this point).
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 20:42   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke with my RM today about the update and he later called me back confirming that there were problems with a few vehicles during the update and it may could be a hardware issue. He mentioned that MMI, Nippon and M&M were working to find the root cause and what could be possible solutions. He also mentioned that there was no particular pattern of failures during the update.

I am going to Anant Cars on Saturday for the update, will post my experiences then
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 13:05   #1990
BHPian

Mods, Please move the post to the relevant topic. Accidently posted this in the niggles thread.
Spotted the XUV in South Africa some time back during a business visit. This is at a recreation resort called as 'Emperor's Palace' near the Tambo airport in Johannesburg. Hopefully this 'white' is not having the same political connotations as in India . Please forgive regarding the image quality. Have used whatever I can lay my hands on at the time.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-xuv31.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-xuv21.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-xuv11.jpg

Last edited by yogibear007 : 19th July 2013 at 13:09.
yogibear007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 14:56   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
That's bad. I have been avoiding any trips to the service center for precisely the same reason. Last time I asked them to upgrade my trip-meter to 4 digits, they did it and goofed up my reversing horn. Before that they rotated my tyres and now the "RR tyre swapped" message haunts me every day.
MMI upgrade is not niggle free; i was told it will take just 30min hence i planned to upgrade MMI software in morning (9.00 am) forgot that i am dealing with M&M. re flash failed more than 5 time and overall it took 4 hrs in workshop to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-wp_000354.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-wp_000355.jpg  

Tushargohil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 15:57   #1992
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
MMI upgrade is not niggle free; i was told it will take just 30min hence i planned to upgrade MMI software in morning (9.00 am) forgot that i am dealing with M&M. re flash failed more than 5 time and overall it took 4 hrs in workshop to fix it.
I am going to avoid this upgrade for next 2-3 months.
I can not be a guinea pig every time!
Old 19th July 2013, 20:57   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Don't get disheartened. I have been after them for over a year. I know what you are going through as I too faced the problem when they tried to upgrade to V 7.2 They tried changing the units too. Finally is because of the mmi licence. One work around is for them to remove the head unit and install the maps.
All said and done the new V8.0 is definitely much better and more user friendly.

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 19th July 2013 at 21:15.
Gerardfdz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 13:59   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
I spoke with my RM today about the update and he later called me back confirming that there were problems with a few vehicles during the update and it may could be a hardware issue. He mentioned that MMI, Nippon and M&M were working to find the root cause and what could be possible solutions. He also mentioned that there was no particular pattern of failures during the update.

I am going to Anant Cars on Saturday for the update, will post my experiences then
I got the maps update and the trip meter update today. It was a fairly simple and a straight forward procedure which took about 30 minutes. I asked the technical manager at Anant Cars about issues people were facing during the update. He mentioned that prior to a map update, the IS should be checked for any errors and if there were any errors they need to be resolved before updating the maps. He connected the laptop to the USB port under the steering column and showed me that there were no errors in my system and we could continue with the update.

The start,
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-start-update.gif

Successfully reflash,
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-successful-update.gif

Maps software being installed,
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-maps-update.gif

After the update,
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-map-version.gif

Info screen, not sure if it existed before. Only saw it today
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-info-screen.gif
shrk_18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 16:18   #1995
BHPian

Issues & Fixes :

01. Hill Ascent and Descent functions work as expected now. - The problem seems to have vanished on its own. The RM is unable to explain it either as he was able to reproduce the issues during my last visit to the A.S.S. Now its gone.

02. MMI upgrade to V8 - Will be visiting the M&M India Garage - Whitefield.

03. Increased road noise and rigid shocks. - Will need to have them look into this. It has gone from bad to worse. Also checked with Pete's Automotive in Cochin to see if they offer upgrades to the XUV. Bilstein upgrades for the XUV apparently cost INR 1LAKH or more . Has anybody figured out alternative upgrades to OEM shocks ?

04. HID Kit - Plan to upgrade to the HID kit for the low-beam as it is pathetic when stuck in rainy situations in the dark. If anybody has upgraded to the HID, please advise.

05. Front & Rear Guards - Advisable ? Considering these upgrades as well.

06. Coolant leak - Will need to get this checked as well on my next visit.

07. Turbo whistle with an additional noise - Not able to observe this consistently. Not sure what exactly is causing this. Anybody else facing this issue ?
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks