Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 12:39   #76
BHPian

Re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

That indeed was a happy ending. It was Ashwani's perseverance and 'never say die' spirit that has helped him get back his smiles through the car which had actually stolen it. When my SWIFT was badly repaired after it had hit a puddle in 2010, I wrote back umpteen number of mails to the Regional Service Manager and Head asking for an enquiry and I never stopped short of visiting one service station after the other in 3 different districts Chennai, Trichy and Madurai-I got the service records and regularly updated them on the inputs from each of those BRONZE and SILVER badged Service Engineers and pointed the slipshoddy kinda work that MARUTI's own service station in Chennai had done. It was a war of words when the Service team from Chennai slammed the customer for high speed driving/driving on the clutch etc etc. Finally MARUTI had come down and looked at the ordeal and engaged a Territory Service Manager at Trichy to get the engine/clutch issue fixed. I was not even given a spare car though the car was held up in each of the 3 service stations in 3 cities for atleast 40 days respectively. Finally, after much ado, the clutch was replaced and some engine work was redone. I've covered just around 7K kms after this as I just preserve my car for extremely important family travel and completely crossed out long ones for the fear of losing peace and sleep over a piece of SCRAP METAL THAT POSES AS A MARUTI SWIFT. I thought this decision was great as the car still has a faulty oil seal fixture which sees spills (only to the extent of a few drops) and the gear oil gets topped up every month or so.

Nothing like preserving peace, than preserving a car. We still have this SWIFT around cos all great happenings in my family came along on this car and the family is sentimentally so attached to it and I esteem their happiness in this trade off.

The old 800 is still on with no engine work and still giving 19-21KMPL in its 8th year and thats what is making us great fans of MARUTI.

Congrats to the RESTORED MARUTI FAN and happy driving Ashwani & Fly

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2012 at 09:59. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks