Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2011, 20:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced

Way to go Maruti, this level of customer service is commendable.

Your friend seems to have a strong determination. Congratulations to him.
Old 11th December 2011, 23:19   #62
BHPian

Re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced

Just a clarification, in the new vehicle the chassis no. and engine no. has been changed. So has your friend got it updated on the RC?
If yes, how much did the authority charge for that?
Old 12th December 2011, 00:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19
Just a clarification, in the new vehicle the chassis no. and engine no. has been changed. So has your friend got it updated on the RC?If yes, how much did the authority charge for that?
Please understand that nowhere it is stated that the chasis no and engine no have been changed.

If you read thru' the quoted post carefully... It is a buyback transaction... Just like any other buy back scheme from car dealers. And the replacement would be subject to fresh registration like any other new car. or atleast that's we gotta infer from the post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak
.......Finally msil agreed to replace , asked the dealer to buy back this car under truevalue from him at XYZ price , give him a replacement and the defecit MSIL had to pay to the dealer
Old 12th December 2011, 01:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Excellent After sales and service by Maruti. This incident just re-affirms my faith in the brand, and makes me glad that I waited 3-4 months to take delivery of a Maruti Swift Diesel. Thank you Maruti for being so responsive and alert to your consumer's needs.

And for the Tata and Skoda management, this is a lesson that you might want to learn from.

For a few lac rupees, Maruti has ensured a satisifed customer, and a customer who is satisified creates goodwill. Compare that with Harish who has been made to run from pillar to post. We Team BHP'ians will ensure that our friends and family members will never buy a Tata Aria or a Skoda without hearing the horror stories.

We need to hear more of these happy endings.
Old 16th December 2011, 15:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
And for the Tata and Skoda management, this is a lesson that you might want to learn from.
Yes indeed! Compare this with the story of the other Harish, who has been fighting a long drawn consumer court battle with SKODA.
Old 16th December 2011, 16:59   #66
BHPian

salute to Japs , hope our indian counter parts will understand from these.
Old 16th December 2011, 17:19   #67
BHPian

Kudos to Maruti. Sometime, it takes courage to accept a mistake. Appreciate the quick response.

Skoda needs to learn from Maruti.
Old 16th December 2011, 18:02   #68
Team-BHP Support

This is quite some news.

I'm sure the way your friend dealt with the issue has a major role to play in this. Getting a car replaced is quite an achievement. Of course, he deserves to either know the root cause of the problem and be assured that it is gone or be provided a new car. MSIL chose the latter - pleasant surprise!

I think MSIL was just being very careful - unsuccessful resolution of this case and the whole "sabotage" clamour would have gone to a whole new level.

Congratulations to him!
Old 17th December 2011, 15:42   #69
BHPian

I got my Maruti Suzuki Ritz this year on January 1st and just after a short stint of 4 months (2000 km) the battery died. The output was less and upon self diagnosis we found one of the cell releasing gas during charging.

I called up Maruti Customer Care and they guided me to my nearest Maruti Service Master in Okhla Phase II. All this while I also went through the various warranty documents I had received and found that the battery is not covered under the same just like tires, and paint.

But Nevertheless the Maruti Service Master at Okhla considered the defect involved here and replaced the battery with an entirely new one.
Old 19th December 2011, 17:50   #70
BHPian

I am really impressed by MSIL folks, cant belive they replaced the new car with another one and in such a short span of time and with the choice of color for the privilaged customer!! no consumer court no lawyer no running around for months!! this one step ahead in customer care. when i first read the article i was like, thank god i did not wait and but the swift VDI and now i am like. i should have waited. congrats on the new replacment.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:12   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This is quite some news.

I'm sure the way your friend dealt with the issue has a major role to play in this. Getting a car replaced is quite an achievement. Of course, he deserves to either know the root cause of the problem and be assured that it is gone or be provided a new car. MSIL chose the latter - pleasant surprise!

I think MSIL was just being very careful - unsuccessful resolution of this case and the whole "sabotage" clamour would have gone to a whole new level.

Congratulations to him!
i own a 2006 baleno, and a couple of years ago even i faced a major stalling problem, i called up the Maruti Customer Care and they were very courteous and cordial. They provided me with a battery replacement and were very quick about it also. This is why Maruti is known for its service centers and customer care.
Old 20th December 2011, 01:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
My friend Ashwani would like to thank Teambhp & all it's members who supported him in making this possible. I'm sure this thread would have given nightmares to MSIL.

Thanks once again.
Congrats to both of you. this is indeed a new chapter in the history of India Automobille, if only the other manufacturers were to follow suit.
Old 20th December 2011, 08:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to Ashwani for persisting with MSIL and standing firmly with his demand. Getting a replacement car without approaching any consumer courts is a feat in itself. Just because MSIL replaced the car does not mean it deserves a pat on the back. Imagine the trauma Ashwani went through all those period.

If MSIL has replaced the car then ideally the earlier paid registration charges and Insurance should have been reimbursed (I assume) if not then I guess MSIL would have done the registration and Insurance from its pocket.
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:07   #74

Hi Harish,

For those who donot know the entire scenes of this drama, would see this as a short and sweet story of a car stalling and getting replaced by the manufacturer. But as you rightly put, but for the temperament and the relentlessness of your friend, this would not have ended the way it did.

I should admit, i would have bought their story of speakers, if not the offer of the repaired one with the goodies, just to get out of this painful situation. But your friend showed absolute resolute and put them to the task.

We should take a lesson or two from this story.
1)Despite knowing the fact that the manufacturer was at fault, they tried to impose the old vehicle upon him.
2)We, customers still have our rights in this country, unlike developed countries,we have to walk the extra mile to get it.

Congrats to your friend and he deserved nothing less.
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:30   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hi All - Here are some responses to your query and also some excerpts from Ashwanis letters to MSIL

@ rajath , indeed a salute to japs , mr s nakanishi was copied in every mail ,

Libran , yes indeed , my friend made sure none of the chaps in msil sleeps tight with those three ten page mails .It was really traumatic for him , You wanted to know how he dealt , here is an excerpt pasted for you from one of the umpteen pages .

“It is utterly shocking that a company with 100 % localized production took almost fourteen days to diagnose the stalling problem of the defective car probably sabotaged by erring workers or assembled by UNTRAINED new recruits , whose ECU was replaced after initial fault diagnosis by your qualified engineers .
It is unfortunate and further depressing to have gone through this situation and the feeling of being cheated by MSIL when even on specifically asking for the status of the car, the only reply I was getting was that the car is going through the tests.
There is definitely more to this than meets the eye and I feel this lack of sharing of proper information about the status of the car with me amounts to some serious technical problem with the model itself which your company wants to hide from me thus making my stand stronger of not accepting the same defective and unreliable vehicle back at any costs .
Because you have miserably failed to document my concerns , Being the legal owner of the car, I demand a proper and detailed log of the tests carried out in these two weeks on an hourly log basis, Also I need an explanation that why my vehicle was driven for more than 500 kilometers in testing , Have I bought a test mule from your auction ??? or did I buy a prototype ??? . You need to document and explain to me why my car was driven for those kilometers .Please accept that you sold a LEMON car to me .

@dass , indeed a new chapter , sada had itthe rakh [FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]J[/FONT][/FONT]

@ ghodlur , indded the trauma was sad , that period was really bad , he was constantly on bbm with us , updating and aksing for advices , its was a collective effort .

@jijoJackson the story isn’t sweet , well said , but he dint buy the point of speakers , I am quoting from the mail regarding this speakers isse and the reply , msil too realized that this isn’t an ordinary man and ordinary case to deal with , the negotiation team was headed my by s k chaudhary , head of some plant in gurgaon who was a thorough gentleman aprt from HOD service north india , Head NCr and head of service Faridabad .
Ashwani had just one question , “Why the ecu was replaced ”

Here is the quote from the mail

“either your suspected and inconclusive findings are terribly wrong and you and your service network isn’t even able to diagnose the problem OR your electrical system in the new swift YP8 is so delicate , weak and an utter failure that fixing of a speaker can make the car stall , engine gives up and it has to be towed away eventually ,then the protocol is that the car cant be repaired at the dealership and has to go to the billion dollar manufacturing facility to get rectified “ and after 4 days one should expect this lame answer that “fixing of a speaker can stall the engine etc and thereafter the engine doesn’t starts at all till it is towed ” .

If you are still not convinced and if it still seems right then please issue a notification immediately on your website in the interest of consumers buying the lower variants in which the music system or speakers are not pre installed and also mention this in every advt for the every concerned model in the fine print so that all the LDI / LXi or VDI VXI prospective buyers across all your platforms think twice before making a choice either they should go for Z category vehicle or consider buying some other brand , I think as consumers they have the basic rights too and should know this fact before they give their hard earned money to a reputed brand like yours . else this should is a very good test case for MRTPC , as this comes under unfair trade practices as and because you have basically made a false representation and misleading advertisement of goods and services , beholding facts , giving product in the market without proper testing etc , I am a lay man do not exactly know under what sections this should be covered etc , lots of research is needed by myself and later by a qualified lawyer to ascertain that what all clauses are applicable in my case .

This Is just a paragraph on speakers from an almost ten page mail , imagine the gravity of the mail that got the car replaced , Msil has specifically requested ashwani not to public the sensitive email ids and the particular mails else I would have loved to copy and paste here .
We must wake up , Jaago Grahak Jaago should be strictly followed
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks