Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 11:29   #1336
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Dosent that attract a lot of dust?
You are right, it will attract a lot of dust which will give your black bumper a brown tinge. Use a propietary bumper polish if you want to else just wash the bumper with shampoo and keep it clean.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:17   #1337
Senior - BHPian

^^^ +1 to that, but just keeping it clean with car shampoo will neither prevent fading due to sun nor give it a shine. In the absence of a dedicated product, a good dashboard/vinyl polish is good. Though I don't have black bumpers to worry about, I use F1 dashboard cleaner for plastic parts of my bikes. Works good and does not seem to attract/retain dust any more than other surfaces.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:05   #1338
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Daily cleaning

What is the best routine for daily cleaning these days? In BLR now its not raining, but quite dusty so everyday only thing on the car is dust,. I use teh california duster to remove the dust, spray some water using a bottle spray and wipe with microfiber cloth. Earlier- used to pour water and then wipe off but since waxed thot this would be better. I had waxed using turtle wax but its not as smooth anymore even though there was no rain and not much water was poured on the car
I saw some hairline scratches appear, not sure whats that am doing wrong. Finally i think in indian conditions one can do only that much...its too much effort to try and avoid wiping scracthes etc:(
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:12   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
What is the best routine for daily cleaning these days? In BLR now its not raining, but quite dusty so everyday only thing on the car is dust,. I use teh california duster to remove the dust, spray some water using a bottle spray and wipe with microfiber cloth. Earlier- used to pour water and then wipe off but since waxed thot this would be better. I had waxed using turtle wax but its not as smooth anymore even though there was no rain and not much water was poured on the car
I saw some hairline scratches appear, not sure whats that am doing wrong. Finally i think in indian conditions one can do only that much...its too much effort to try and avoid wiping scracthes etc:(
Do not use microfiber cloth or chamois leather on an unwashed car. They must be used only on a clean washed surface.Due to the absorption potential of the microfiber cloth, the dust gets absorbed in it and this can cause minor scrathches/swirl marks while rubbin against the car exteriors. For daily cleaning, dusting is enough. If you want that shiny look, u have to wash the car.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:21   #1340
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
Do not use microfiber cloth or chamois leather on an unwashed car. They must be used only on a clean washed surface.Due to the absorption potential of the microfiber cloth, the dust gets absorbed in it and this can cause minor scrathches/swirl marks while rubbin against the car exteriors. For daily cleaning, dusting is enough. If you want that shiny look, u have to wash the car.
which would mean that everyday we need to wash the car with water? only dusting does not clear off all the dust totally...what do you do daily as chennai its really humid and hot and dusty too?
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:29   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
which would mean that everyday we need to wash the car with water? only dusting does not clear off all the dust totally...what do you do daily as chennai its really humid and hot and dusty too?
Cleaning with water alone is not actually cleaning off the dust. We need to wash with a car shampoo to actually clean the car, which is not practical for a regular office-goer. So All I do is wash with Formula1 car shampoo once a week and dry the car with chamois leather. Then I apply Formula 1 wax polish and buff it. Due to the wax coating, the dust actually settles superficially and can be remoed by just dusting it.I dont wash car daily,just once a week. Do not use chamois/microfiber for cleaning, use it only for drying after a good car wash.
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:46   #1342
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cleaning with water alone is not actually cleaning off the dust. We need to wash with a car shampoo to actually clean the car, which is not practical for a regular office-goer. So All I do is wash with Formula1 car shampoo once a week and dry the car with chamois leather. Then I apply Formula 1 wax polish and buff it. Due to the wax coating, the dust actually settles superficially and can be remoed by just dusting it.I dont wash car daily,just once a week. Do not use chamois/microfiber for cleaning, use it only for drying after a good car wash.
Cool- actually so far for these many years i never used micro fiber cloth...and d used to dust after polish, not even wax, except in winters. In bangalore about 6-7 months one needs to wash weekly 3-4 times and its only from now till March that rains are less so need not wash regularly.
If you wash, the wax goes off so during rains what do you do? You have to wash and wax like 3 times a week!!!
What a life it would be if we just had to wax once a month and could live with it....
I guess prods like quick detailer - one can use over the week in between washes!!
Old 4th December 2009, 12:14   #1343
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cleaning with water alone is not actually cleaning off the dust.
Actually, if you hose the car down with a garden hose with one of those attachments, it gets all the dust off the car quite easily. It's only if the car's surface is caked with dirt (like during the rains) will you have to shampoo it. I usually pressure wash (with a garden hose attachment) my cars each weekend and shampoo/wax them once a month to regain that lost gloss.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:48   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Turtle Wax ties up with Xenos !

Just read in ET today that Turtle Wax has partnered with Xenos to market its products in the country.

This is good news !
Old 4th December 2009, 14:07   #1345
BHPian

yes that's good nuz, i hope bigger bunks would stock branded car care product like these.. it would have been a 'one stop top up'. you already have fuel, oils and coolants...
Old 4th December 2009, 15:17   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Just read in ET today that Turtle Wax has partnered with Xenos to market its products in the country.

This is good news !
That's been on XENOS's site for almost 6 months now - although it's another story that their products are not available @ Xenos's site or stockists...
Old 4th December 2009, 15:57   #1347
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
although it's another story that their products are not available @ Xenos's site or stockists...
This is the same story with the dealer here in BLR. I guess they are yet to get their distribution systems in place.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:12   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
That's been on XENOS's site for almost 6 months now - although it's another story that their products are not available @ Xenos's site or stockists...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
This is the same story with the dealer here in BLR. I guess they are yet to get their distribution systems in place.
Hahahaa... Quite a different exp here. I ordered TW Platinum Wash from Xenos-online. But after placing the order, I could not find any info about the order on my online(they have a link that shows your order status). And they charged my Credit card for that. Then after two days I kept on checking the status online, but no avail. Then I called up their local office(Hyderabad). They said that the transaction was recorded and with in two days they will be delivering the product to me. It got delayed further as there was a Holiday(Bakrid) and a Strike called by TRS. On the sixth day I got the platinum wash delivered to my office by the local folks. The bottle had scratch marks here and there. But still I accepted it. That was three days back. But yesterday I got one more Platinum car wash as a courier from Xenos Chennai . I think the local and Chennai folks got it messed up and I got one extra. Needs to call them up and return one of them.
I guess you can go ahead and order it online and get it delivered in 6-7 days. I see them as reliable.

About the product. It is very good. Better than one's I used before: Sonax wash n wax, Sonax Car wash(normal). Though It is costlier than the previous ones ( Rs 325 for 500ml), it is more concentrated than others too.

Last edited by Matt : 4th December 2009 at 17:13.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:26   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hahahaa... Quite a different exp here. I ordered TW Platinum Wash from Xenos-online. But after placing the order, I could not find any info about the order on my online(they have a link that shows your order status). And they charged my Credit card for that. Then after two days I kept on checking the status online, but no avail. Then I called up their local office(Hyderabad). They said that the transaction was recorded and with in two days they will be delivering the product to me. It got delayed further as there was a Holiday(Bakrid) and a Strike called by TRS. On the sixth day I got the platinum wash delivered to my office by the local folks. The bottle had scratch marks here and there. But still I accepted it. That was three days back. But yesterday I got one more Platinum car wash as a courier from Xenos Chennai . I think the local and Chennai folks got it messed up and I got one extra. Needs to call them up and return one of them.
I guess you can go ahead and order it online and get it delivered in 6-7 days. I see them as reliable.

About the product. It is very good. Better than one's I used before: Sonax wash n wax, Sonax Car wash(normal). Though It is costlier than the previous ones ( Rs 325 for 500ml), it is more concentrated than others too.
I ordered a TW tire shine online and i received the product in4 days flat,
@matt, How muh product are you supposed to use for 10ltrs. of water? Could you post a pic of the back sticker of the shampoo? Does the water become soapy and slick?
Old 4th December 2009, 17:36   #1350
Senior - BHPian

A small doubt i had which might be OT or might not belong to this group. MODS please move this post to the relevant place if it doesn't fit here.

My query is whenever a car is designed even the tyres that will be put onto them will be considered. Now when we are chaning the stock tyres what all things might happen or what all dynamics might hapen. Is it advisable to do so??What are the disadvantages if the stock tyres are kept like that only

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks