Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 09:36   #1291
Senior - BHPian

its original waxpol.. only the label is different from bigger size which says "car polish".
Old 15th November 2009, 19:15   #1292
Senior - BHPian

I was in big bazaar the other day and noticed spurious Formula 1 Wash and Shine. I am amazed at how reputed retailer like big bazaar can have such a junk product.
Old 15th November 2009, 19:37   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
yesterday went to the reliquick automall auto show in bangalore...thought would find some car care stalls..well there was only ONE
Bimal (maruti dealer) has started a specialized detailing unit, its ISO 9001 certified etc.
CHECK OUT Welcome to Carzspa
I asked them what products do they use..and guess what the guy did..let me ask my manager( talk about getting a job and not knowing whats it about!)
The guy came and told me- MEGUIARS!!!
I asked him what all- and he told me the professional range. I went and saw them- Gold Class Wax and the rest all professional detailing prods in cans...
They are offering a yearly membership in 3 levels Silver,Gold, Platinum with different offerings.
The gold has a 1 step paint sealant offering with 3 more repeats and a visit every 2 months for other cleaning (interiors etc)
The platinum has a 10 step paint sealant process..
I think this maybe worth it if you want to save the time and effort of putting all of the wax,polish etc etc on ur own.
I am thinking of going for a visit to see in detail what they do and maybe go for it for 1 of my cars as taking care of both cars is proving taxing for my arms..
Check it out- charges depend on car sizes( and NOT Engine CC- which means 1.2 i-10 is a small car and 1.1 Getz medium- )
Maybe an answer to some folks who want professional and regular care of the car...
Sounds like a good option. Would you know where are they are located in Bangalore? And also how expensive is it?
Old 15th November 2009, 21:16   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
My Junkindica is parked out in the open since we only have 2 garages and 3 cars. The only thing good about the car is the paint quality even after 9 years. A factor that could have contributed is that the paint booth for Mercedes and Indica were the same for a few months during modernization of the plant and my car comes from that batch. It has been abused by the sun and the rain but the paint is as good as when new mainly because of Waxpol. As mentioned before the Waxpol hard cake is the least advertised worst packaged but the best product in their portfolio with the highest concentration of Carnuba wax. The company would be least bothered about finding out the UV reflectance or any other scientific parameter. The product sells on its own merit. Have you ever seen any advert of this product any where? It must have a very strong reputation to have sustained sales for more than 30 years without a single advertisement. You just cannot go wrong with this cheap product which is endorsed by painters of yesteryear and now. Cannot recommend their costlier products though as they are not a patch on their cheapest product.
I remember echoing similar sentiments earlier in the thread, I too have a almost 10 yr old indica with a beautiful paintwork thanks to waxpol, this is the real McCoy guys... so just do it!
Old 16th November 2009, 01:48   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Its Jaspreet Singh not Jaspinder . Will you teach me to use that tools ????
Sure Jaspreet, wait till I learn by hit and trial. Anyone willing to have their cars polished free by a greenhorn?
Old 16th November 2009, 11:06   #1296
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Sounds like a good option. Would you know where are they are located in Bangalore? And also how expensive is it?
Bimal is located at Doorvaninagar before whitefield. You can get their contact number online- they are primarily a maruti dealer. This is a franchisee they have taken from carz spa. Cost of Gold membership for small car 5900, silver is 4700 as far as i recall...
For silver car will be treated 3 months, for gold it would be visiting every 2 months...which sounds decent enough..
Old 16th November 2009, 18:35   #1297
BHPian

waxpoled my dad's sx4 today. the humidity today in mumbai due to overcast sky was way too much.i was letting the wax to dry for only 10 minutes. it was becoming extremely difficult to remove it after a period of say 15-20 minutes, which i learnt the hard way. anyways end result is good. "waxpol is the best"
Old 16th November 2009, 19:08   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
waxpoled my dad's sx4 today. the humidity today in mumbai due to overcast sky was way too much.i was letting the wax to dry for only 10 minutes. it was becoming extremely difficult to remove it after a period of say 15-20 minutes, which i learnt the hard way. anyways end result is good. "waxpol is the best"

Pictures would be highly appreciated.
Old 16th November 2009, 19:56   #1299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I was in big bazaar the other day and noticed spurious Formula 1 Wash and Shine. I am amazed at how reputed retailer like big bazaar can have such a junk product.
Nothing new. I had seen lots of fakes@BB before !
Old 16th November 2009, 20:20   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If they are fakes, it simply means Big Bazaar is not as "reputed" as we might like to think. If possible, you could have made a mention of this to the manager, of thru a suggestion box, if available...
Old 16th November 2009, 20:22   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
Thats great! But the main test is how long the stuff lasts. That only time will tell... so guys, do comment on that when the time comes.
Old 17th November 2009, 10:01   #1302
BHPian

Folks, I recently tried Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit and I was left completely impressed with the result. I would suggest you try claying - ofcourse the results will vary and depend on the condition of the paint work. I loved it.

If you can lay your hands on the Meguiars Wheel Cleaner for your alloys, it is worth investing as well. The shine was amazing.

You may check the result from my DIY exercise at this post
Old 17th November 2009, 11:19   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure? I just bought it last weekend. I noticed Formula USA wax and stayed clear of it. How did you find out these are fakes? I even got a 25% discount on these products. This was at BB Jayanagar.
Old 17th November 2009, 22:46   #1304
BHPian

will be waxpoling my new alto , will reply asap.
Old 18th November 2009, 23:10   #1305
BHPian

Rear bumper first

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
will be waxpoling my new alto , will reply asap.
Do only the rear bumper first till you fathom as to how much effort you will have to put in to wax the whole car. If its your first time I suggest you do the rear bumper first and then do the rear hatch the next day.
It should dry for at least 30 minutes in humid climates but then for newbies it will be real hard work and hence the warning of doing section by section. Rubbing immediately after waxing is the easy way out but then water beading will not last more than a 2 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks