Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 12:25   #1276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Good to hear that. Glad that worked for you.
=============
You can use a cleaner wax or liquid (which has very mild abrasive and ,or chemicals to clean the wax buildup and oxidation) once in 6 months or 1 year before you use regular wax, if you think the shine is reducing.
Thanks a lot !

Any idea where can we buy Genuine Mothers / Meguiars car detailing products in India, mumbai to be precise. Even online buying will be fine.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:36   #1277
BHPian

As for the 2nd question , the wax should be applied as soon as you have prepped the car with polish ,preferably even before any dust can settle on the newly washed and polished car.

@ MKH . The Megs forum is a treasure trove of information on detailing but they tend to be a little biased to their own products. Also the description of the various terms used are in reference to Meguiars line of products and do not necessarily conform to the naming of products from other manufacturers . For example ,the "polish" that Meguiar markets now as "pure polish" has no ingredients that are abrasive or which chemically affect paint. But that doesnt mean a product marketed by a different manufacturer is of the same nature.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:11   #1278
BHPian

Guys, Whats your take on the electric buffing machine used for polishing ?
I hate waxing the car due the fact that it takes hell lot of time and energy in rubbing the metal.
Has anyone tried? its available on ebay
Old 11th November 2009, 22:42   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Guys, Whats your take on the electric buffing machine used for polishing ?
I hate waxing the car due the fact that it takes hell lot of time and energy in rubbing the metal.
Has anyone tried? its available on ebay

was talking about this -

eBay India: Car Polisher:-MAKE YOUR CAR LOOK NEW AS BEFORE (item 360205606613 end time 14-Nov-2009 09:42:50 IST)

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-capture.jpg
Old 11th November 2009, 23:55   #1280
Senior - BHPian

^^^^^

This is an orbital buffer - nice if used correctly, but can leave your paint job in bad shape if not used properly. I was also planning to get one and was googling over this.
Old 12th November 2009, 01:15   #1281
BHPian

Yes you are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I guess where the Super Quality Polish excels is the durability. Would that be a right or wrong statement?
Durability of Waxpol hard cake is its forte. In other aspects it probably is similar to other products.
Old 12th November 2009, 13:38   #1282
BHPian

Machines are available but waht about replacement pads ??? And i think it requires experience.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:37   #1283
BHPian

My question is, will that leave swirl marks on the car? how about covering the pads with the "Yellow cloth" and then using? cos thats the one i use to clean the car. From that, we will not have to change the pads often too.
Old 13th November 2009, 21:02   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Machines are available but waht about replacement pads ??? And i think it requires experience.
Jaspinder, Pads are available easily. Eastman Group and GB Tools, Jallandhar are manufacturing these tools and I suppose these pads will be available with them. Moreover, this orbital polisher is not anything new and has been there for long; check Chawri in Delhi for replacement parts.

Buddy, without try no one obtains experience, you might fail once, twice but two minuses will be plus one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
My question is, will that leave swirl marks on the car? how about covering the pads with the "Yellow cloth" and then using? cos thats the one i use to clean the car. From that, we will not have to change the pads often too.
Buddy, the yellow cloth is a strict no as it leaves lint on the surface during buffing. The pad is good enough to do the job.
Old 14th November 2009, 00:01   #1285
BHPian

Saw today a Telebrand ad on AXN the product was FIXIT PRO 5000 used to hide small clear coat scratches the product looked promising.Well some of the review's are 50/50 for the product.

Amazon.com: Simoniz Fix It Pro Clear Coat Scratch Repair Pen: Automotive

Here they are selling it for Rs1999+295 handling & postage

Last edited by yogi1771 : 14th November 2009 at 00:04.
Old 14th November 2009, 12:10   #1286
mkh
Senior - BHPian

bimal car care

yesterday went to the reliquick automall auto show in bangalore...thought would find some car care stalls..well there was only ONE
Bimal (maruti dealer) has started a specialized detailing unit, its ISO 9001 certified etc.
CHECK OUT Welcome to Carzspa
I asked them what products do they use..and guess what the guy did..let me ask my manager( talk about getting a job and not knowing whats it about!)
The guy came and told me- MEGUIARS!!!
I asked him what all- and he told me the professional range. I went and saw them- Gold Class Wax and the rest all professional detailing prods in cans...
They are offering a yearly membership in 3 levels Silver,Gold, Platinum with different offerings.
The gold has a 1 step paint sealant offering with 3 more repeats and a visit every 2 months for other cleaning (interiors etc)
The platinum has a 10 step paint sealant process..
I think this maybe worth it if you want to save the time and effort of putting all of the wax,polish etc etc on ur own.
I am thinking of going for a visit to see in detail what they do and maybe go for it for 1 of my cars as taking care of both cars is proving taxing for my arms..
Check it out- charges depend on car sizes( and NOT Engine CC- which means 1.2 i-10 is a small car and 1.1 Getz medium- )
Maybe an answer to some folks who want professional and regular care of the car...

Last edited by mkh : 14th November 2009 at 12:15. Reason: updated text
Old 14th November 2009, 22:47   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Jaspinder, Pads are available easily. Eastman Group and GB Tools, Jallandhar are manufacturing these tools and I suppose these pads will be available with them. Moreover, this orbital polisher is not anything new and has been there for long; check Chawri in Delhi for replacement parts.

Its Jaspreet Singh not Jaspinder . Will you teach me to use that tools ????
Old 14th November 2009, 23:27   #1288
BHPian

Need advice on car protection.

This is a cross post from this thread: (Please read it for my full query)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1583040

I intend to keep the car for 4 years at least or more and will be replaced by Evo or something similar. There is no guarantee that I can afford something like Evo in 4 yrs in which case I will just keep this and upgrade. I want the car to look *perfect* even after 4 years.
Old 14th November 2009, 23:35   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
There is no guarantee that I can afford something like Evo in 4 yrs in which case I will just keep this and upgrade.
Upgrade the engine I mean.
Old 15th November 2009, 02:35   #1290
BHPian

I went Waxpol-hunting in Bombay (near Opera House) this evening, and though I was unsuccessful at the first two places, the third joint handed me something that looked like an outsized dibba of Vicks Vaporub or Amrutanjan.

It said "Scooter Polish", so I opened it with some trepidation. I think it's the same product artfully packaged to target low-volume users. Anyway, it contained a hard, crusty henna-green wax with marbled streaks of brown/tan. The base of the tin says "Made from selected waxes".

I liked the retro look of the container, and the fact that the company uses long-defunct models of car and scooter on the tins! I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'll post an update. Oh, and it cost Rs 35 for a 50-gram tin. At that price I didn't bother to bargain.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-waxpol1.jpg  

Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks