Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 17:53   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
^^^^ Nice , how old is car ??? from where didi you get Meguiar's in delhi ????. post the pics if stuff used.
She's 9Yrs old!

Actually it was my mom's car(bought in 2000 or 01)
but now my mom drives U-VA(already 2yrs old)

I've maintained it to the best of my abilities and it has never let me down!

Pic of the stuff used - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1552112

Actually, I sourced the kit from US!

If you want to get it from US, check out Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands
Old 8th November 2009, 19:10   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Ok! After Successfully trying Waxpol on my bikes.. it was the time to get my car 'Waxpoled'. So I got hold of Waxpol tin and car keys and went directly to my neighbourhood car denting-painting wala.

I will not say anything but let the pics do the talking. Total cost = 10 (polish) + 100 (labor) = Rs. 110/- only.

Sorry for the pics quality, they're off my HTC business phone which even doesnt has a flash!

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image_349.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image_351.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image_353.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image_361.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image_362.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image_364.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image_365.jpg
Old 8th November 2009, 19:21   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Ok! After Successfully trying Waxpol on my bikes.. it was the time to get my car 'Waxpoled'. So I got hold of Waxpol tin and car keys and went directly to my neighbourhood car denting-painting wala.

I will not say anything but let the pics do the talking. Total cost = 10 (polish) + 100 (labor) = Rs. 110/- only.

Sorry for the pics quality, they're off my HTC business phone which even doesnt has a flash!

Thats an amazing job done there.

You got your Waxpol Tin for 10 bucks??

Did the local dent/paint guy use an electric buffing machine or just his bare hands.
Old 8th November 2009, 20:52   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
DId you try TYVEX Body covers ?
Even they may seep through the seams. My brother works for a C&F co. who operate warehouses for Dupont. He says Tyvex is a fabric mfd by them but they don't deal in any car covers. The fabric is purchased by some mfrs who sell car covers, and Dupont has nothing to do with them.
Old 8th November 2009, 20:59   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Even they may seep through the seams. My brother works for a C&F co. who operate warehouses for Dupont. He says Tyvex is a fabric mfd by them but they don't deal in any car covers. The fabric is purchased by some mfrs who sell car covers, and Dupont has nothing to do with them.
Thats interesting ! I have a Tyvek cover for my car that I purchased at the 3M distributor some 4 years ago. It has the 'Dupont' logo affixed on it.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:03   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Thats interesting ! I have a Tyvek cover for my car that I purchased at the 3M distributor some 4 years ago. It has the 'Dupont' logo affixed on it.
The fabric will carry their logo. How is the cover? Does it not seep even if the car is parked outdoors in pouring rain? If so, I may buy one.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:07   #1252
BHPian

well the problem is, even if you get a so-called water-proof cover, the cover gets wet. There should bee some sort of a solution.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:09   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The fabric will carry their logo. How is the cover? Does it not seep even if the car is parked outdoors in pouring rain? If so, I may buy one.
To be honest, I have never had the chance to use it during rains as I am lucky to have covered parking. But the cover was used on the car during my two year stint in the US continuously and has done its duty pretty well.

The material is thick but light in weight and am sure is water proof. Maybe when we meet up next time, I can carry it along with me.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:56   #1254
BHPian

I think it is better not to put a cover during rainy season,even if the cover is water proof moisture will be trapped between the cover and the car which is not good.
Old 9th November 2009, 01:31   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
DId you try TYVEX Body covers ?
No. I don't want something v expensive. Covers do occasionally get stolen here... and something that looks better will obviously be targeted. I'm hoping to get one of what they call "parachute" material... but one where at least the fabric is waterproof.
Old 9th November 2009, 08:31   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Thats an amazing job done there.

You got your Waxpol Tin for 10 bucks??

Did the local dent/paint guy use an electric buffing machine or just his bare hands.
I bought one small tin for 35/- which I've used for 2 bikes + this car + theres some left. So the cost of the polish would not be more than 10 bucks in any case.

The guy used his bare hands for more than 3 hours. After 3 hrs, he reduced 20 pounds and had a 16" bicep.

He told me point blank: Bhaiya, aaj ke baad aapka gaadi mein yeh wala polisss nahin lagaungaaa!
Old 9th November 2009, 11:52   #1257
BHPian

Sorry to hack this thread, as I see already a topic being discussed. But didnt find any other thread to ask this question.

Hello Gurus,
I need a urgent/important advice regarding car polishing and waxing.
This saturday I polished my Swift (5 months old) with silicon glaze (Amway product) . However much to my ignorance, its a polish, a rubbing compound which removes oxidation layer and gets shine back. I thought its a regular wax stuff with a polish printed/ regular mistake. I realized this when small scratches were no longer visible and the big ones became less visible. Please correct me if I have wrong Info about Amway Silicone glaze

Now all said done, the reason I did was I wanted to get shine back on my car which is just 5 months old and it went matt, looked like a year or 2 old due to regular washing, which I cant avoid as dad wants his car cleaned every day :-(.
I know I will call some bashing (happily inviting) for applying abbrasives so soon onto a new car but now I want help here on !

I want my car to shine as it is now for long. So without hurting the car color much what can I do ? Have following options
1. Will it be a gud Idea to apply some wax to protect the polish ? I am not sure will the wax adhere to such a smooth surface.
2. Leave the car as it is for now and apply wax after a week or 2
3. Just leave the car alone till the newly obtained shine is fading and then wax to get the shine back . I suppose atleast 6 weeks the shine should remain.

Wax that I am considering is Waxpoll Carnuba wax.

PS : The only good thing about this episode is that I didnt do the same for my ANHC (6 months old as it still shines) . In future if I loose shine on ANHC will waxpoll carnuba enuff to bring back the shine?
Old 9th November 2009, 13:32   #1258
BHPian

^^ Try waxing your car, If it doesn't help, you need professional help, Contact, Get this treatment on your car: 3M India: Minor Scratch/Swirl Removal

Contact 3M customer care on +91-80-2223 1414, 6659 5759 and enquire where you can get the 3m treatment for your car in Bangalore. The treatment will cost you 2500-2800Rs, Very worth the money.
After the treatment is done, Regular waxing with a non-abrasive wax should keep your car shiney for a long long time.

Check this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1455729

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1470217-post1064.html
Old 9th November 2009, 13:43   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
^^ Try waxing your car, If it doesn't help, you need professional help, Contact, Get this treatment on your car: 3M India: Minor Scratch/Swirl Removal

Contact 3M customer care on +91-80-2223 1414, 6659 5759 and enquire where you can get the 3m treatment for your car in Bangalore. The treatment will cost you 2500-2800Rs, Very worth the money.
After the treatment is done, Regular waxing with a non-abrasive wax should keep your car shiney for a long long time.

Check this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1455729

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1470217-post1064.html
Thanks for prompt reply however I am not sure if you got my question right. Scratches are no longer prominent, shine is excellent after using silicone glaze however I do not want to use this compound yet again to get shine back, since it being an abrasive. My aim is to retain the gloss of the car. My understanding is wax would protect the shine over a period. Correct me if I am wrong.

BTW I am residing in Mumbai.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:14   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Sorry to hack this thread, as I see already a topic being discussed. But didnt find any other thread to ask this question.
I wouldn't be too sure if the stuff makes scratches vanish by filling them in or polishing them out or both. Difficult to tell. Only long term use could bring things to light...

I don't think you should attempt to apply anything on top of the Silicon Glaze... until it wears off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks