Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 00:02   #1231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Team,
Can someone guide me to a place where I can possibly get WAXPOL from ? I ve searched quite a lot in Navi Mumbai - Vashi with no success.
Please advice,
Cheers,
Peter.

It is easily available at spare part shops / vendors,

car accessory shops / vendors generally don't stock them due to the sheer hard work involved.

Waxpol is a major hit with the local garages due to the low price.
Old 7th November 2009, 10:07   #1232
BHPian

guys, i need your tips urgently!

Right now in chennai, it is raining cats and dogs. I have parked my car in a semi-closed garage. I have also covered the car with a parachute cover.

The cover is totally wet and is stuck to the body of the car!. I fear that this might affect the body/paint of the car. Should i remove the cover or should i leave the cover as it is!

The rain is unrelenting and seriously dont know when it would stop! I really pitty people who have parked their cars out on the roads.
Old 7th November 2009, 11:11   #1233
BHPian

MutantX it is better if you remove the cover as water is captured between the car and the cover which is not good,when it is raining or for that matter during rainy season never keep the cover on.
Old 7th November 2009, 12:28   #1234
BHPian

thanks yogi, i have removed the cover and parked the car under a so called sun-shade. Hopefully this would help!
Old 7th November 2009, 19:43   #1235
Senior - BHPian

hi

can some one please guide me on how to remove dirty spots from beige roof upholstery in i10? The spots are just regular dirt, not food/grease stains.
Old 7th November 2009, 21:25   #1236
BHPian

@ Blackasta , You can try a vinyl ( or leather) upholstery cleaner / interior detailing solution from a good brand if you can get one. It usually comes with instructions. Waxpol from india has one.

The simpler way is to wet a clean cloth ,dip it in surf powder , work up a lather by rubbing it on your palm and apply a little on the dirt spot. Leave it for a few seconds .Next use a clean wet cloth and wipe off the soap and dirt. After each wipe , use a clean portion of the cloth for the next wipe. Don't rub too much or spread the dirt over a larger area. Hope this helps.
Old 7th November 2009, 21:49   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
@ Blackasta , You can try a vinyl ( or leather) upholstery cleaner / interior detailing solution from a good brand if you can get one. It usually comes with instructions. Waxpol from india has one.

The simpler way is to wet a clean cloth ,dip it in surf powder , work up a lather by rubbing it on your palm and apply a little on the dirt spot. Leave it for a few seconds .Next use a clean wet cloth and wipe off the soap and dirt. After each wipe , use a clean portion of the cloth for the next wipe. Don't rub too much or spread the dirt over a larger area. Hope this helps.
Shall try that tomorrow with the leather/vinyl upholstery cleaner. Thanks -NUT-case!
Old 7th November 2009, 22:30   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Maglev, accessory shop don't stock Waxpol owing the poor packing of the product. Waxpol never laid emphasis on the aesthetic aspect of the product and people perceive them to be of low quality, which is contrary to the reality. Just that you mess up at your own risk, which transpired with us. else the product seems good.
Old 8th November 2009, 01:38   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
guys, i need your tips urgently!

Right now in chennai, it is raining cats and dogs. I have parked my car in a semi-closed garage. I have also covered the car with a parachute cover.

The cover is totally wet and is stuck to the body of the car!. I fear that this might affect the body/paint of the car. Should i remove the cover or should i leave the cover as it is!

The rain is unrelenting and seriously dont know when it would stop! I really pitty people who have parked their cars out on the roads.
I tried many places to get a waterproof cover... but failed miserably. Anybody from Pune who knows where to get a cover whose material is waterproof? All the covers the shopkeepers promised were water proof, were not. Returned them all. All those parachute covers seem to leak water right thru the fabric, not just the the joints. :( Strangely, the same looking material on my bike covers do not leak water thru the fabric at least! A few drops get thru the joints which is tolerable.

That said, you should definitely remove the cover immediately... esp. if it is so wet as to stick to the car body. Else the paint could get damaged....

Last edited by Raccoon : 8th November 2009 at 01:42.
Old 8th November 2009, 08:18   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Maglev, accessory shop don't stock Waxpol owing the poor packing of the product. Waxpol never laid emphasis on the aesthetic aspect of the product and people perceive them to be of low quality, which is contrary to the reality.
Thats the biggest irony about this company. The best product from the company gets the worst packaging and the worst product from the same company gets the best packaging. The logic probably is that the workshop/roadside mechanics guys would want the best but cheapest product and hence skimp on the packaging but maintain the quality of the product. The roadside painters/waxers skimp on the workload by buffing it immediately after waxing a section of the car and not letting it dry for 30 minutes. Buffing it without letting it dry is child's play but then water beading does not last more than 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Thanks Doc,

This method works like a charm, I tried it on the boot of the car.
Will post pics once the entire car is buffed.
Which of the three methods did you try out and succeed?

Last edited by Eddy : 8th November 2009 at 12:45. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Use the edit option if posting within 20 min. Thanks.
Old 8th November 2009, 14:47   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Today I finally got the time to try out the Meguiar's stuff on my M800!

And the results are amazing to say the least!

Work-log -

1. Got up early
2. As soon as the car wash guy left, i was out to assess what all should be done.
3. Finally started with the bonnet (used 'ScratchX' to treat the surface scratches and prepare the surface for wax)

Applied the liquid wax with the microfiber applicator(amazing lil' thing!) and left to dry

4. Then went on to right fender and again waxed it
5. While the wax on the fender was drying, I buffed the bonnet with a microfiber towel and the shine that came out literally had me like whoa!!

so on I completed waxing the car, part by part

The greatest thing I like about it is, that buffing requires very less effort + having a microfiber towel helps a lot.
(though my right shoulder is hurting a bit)

--------
A funny thing happened while I was waxing the car!

The carwash guy was washing the neighbor's car then and I noticed him looking towards my M800.

when I looked at him, the expression on his face was priceless(as if thinking 'his car is shinier than the the one I have already washed')

---------

Sorry couldn't get the 'Before waxing' pics

But I could easily see a mirror shine developing while buffing!

The reflection of the surrounding stuff which is usually seen in the window glass is so flawlessly continuous with the door sheet metal!!
(a few dents and stuff explain the irregular image)

Some pics
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0003.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0004.jpg  

Old 8th November 2009, 17:09   #1242
BHPian

DId you try TYVEX Body covers ?
Old 8th November 2009, 17:10   #1243
BHPian

^^^^ Nice , how old is car ??? from where didi you get Meguiar's in delhi ????. post the pics if stuff used.
Old 8th November 2009, 17:24   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Shall try that tomorrow with the leather/vinyl upholstery cleaner. Thanks -NUT-case!
That worked good. Spots are almost invisible.
Old 8th November 2009, 17:35   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Used the waxpol liquid wax and wow - the shine is amazing.
Sorry could not take pics today (had some relatives to entertain).
Waxpol rulz!

Last edited by blackasta : 8th November 2009 at 17:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks