Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 00:19   #1201
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
It was indeed a very bad idea to have left the Swift unwashed for so long. A week does not seem that much, but I had driven to Ooty and back (in the rain) and another 150km on the highway (heavy downpour), so the muck on it was unbelievable.
I had to wash the car twice on Sunday to get it back to shape. Even the sonax shampoo seemed to be inadequate. There was layer upon layer of mud, tar stains and grime.
And Turtle wax rocks! Thankfully, I'd waxed the car a few weeks back.

The best car wash i have seen and used- amway car wash. The grime and grease goes away in a jiffy- use a sponge. Let me know if you want to try it...sonax is miles behind it..all my cars have been on it and so has my dads car in delhi where its really tough on cars. Its most useful in bangalore rains...
btw where do we get turtle wax in bangalore and how much it costs?
Old 26th October 2009, 16:26   #1202
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Need to get something done this weekend and was searching for places in Indira Nagar Bangalore, instead found a good deal at malleswaram which am not sure i can manage this weekend.

for 2.5k you will get:

Teflon coating OR Exterior enrichment (swirl removal)

+

Interior dressing up.

Details here: THE CAR CARE CLUB

So if you guys have numbers to place near to Indira Nagar please PM me
Was going through your old post- did you get the teflon coating from the car care club? Any exp with them? Am thinking of doing this for my new car- do they really apply original teflon( the 3 step process etc)
Please share your exp with them or with the i-nagar place..
Old 26th October 2009, 17:05   #1203
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Cleaned up the Palio last Sunday. I just couldn't bear it being brown instead of the black color. And so last Sunday, got down to the job of tidying her up. There was grime on the wheels, dirt and dust all over and most irritable of all, bird poop in a few places.

The before pics:

Attachment 43587
Attachment 43588
Attachment 43589
Attachment 43590
Attachment 43591

The "helpers".

Attachment 43592

The results.

Attachment 43593
Attachment 43594
Attachment 43595
Attachment 43596

The Scratch remover works on light scratches. I had time only to wax the hood.

And yes, the car is back to the same brown color. :( I wish I had / have time.
where can i get the wax and the scratch remover in bangalore?
Old 28th October 2009, 14:17   #1204
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Fomula 1 Tire Foam

I was just looking at the Formula 1 products at Big Bazaar
I saw the product print on the Tyre Foam- it says that the washed residue should not be allowed to mix with drains, rivers...
wow! i wonder if these are sold in the US also- if they are going to damage the environment!!! Should we also?
I am so happy using environment friendly products that do no damage to my planet
Old 28th October 2009, 14:48   #1205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Was going through your old post- did you get the teflon coating from the car care club? Any exp with them? Am thinking of doing this for my new car- do they really apply original teflon( the 3 step process etc)
Please share your exp with them or with the i-nagar place..
I did not do teflon, instead went for 3M swirl removal and polish treatment through 3M shop in Indira Nagar. I give this a very good rating though the charges are lil on the steep side.
Old 29th October 2009, 00:59   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
The best car wash i have seen and used- amway car wash.....
btw where do we get turtle wax in bangalore and how much it costs?
I used a waxpol car wash shampoo sachet a few days back. Not too bad. Definitely no match for sonax though. I have heard good things about the amway product but have never used it.
I also picked up a bottle of Waxpol 'silky touch' silicon resin polish for 165Rs. Not too impressed with it. Anybody who wants to try it out can pick it up from me (for free). Just PM.
I am unable to source Turtle wax hardshell and am currently using 3M liquid wax. This is a good product and a bottle (100ml, 80RS.) is good for 2 coats on my Swift.
Old 29th October 2009, 09:31   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
I used a waxpol car wash shampoo sachet a few days back. Not too bad. Definitely no match for sonax though. I have heard good things about the amway product but have never used it.
If you near to Kormangla area/Sarjapur ORR can pick up some part from my bottle to try for Amway product. I guess sachet do not come. Not sure. Need to check from the person I buy
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:31   #1208
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I used a waxpol car wash shampoo sachet a few days back. Not too bad. Definitely no match for sonax though. am currently using 3M liquid wax. This is a good product and a bottle (100ml, 80RS.) is good for 2 coats on my Swift.
I agree, the Sonax car wash is just great. Have been using it for many years now. The 3M liquid wax which is great, costs Rs. 66 at METRO where I usually pick it up from. One bottle gives me about 4 full coats on my Alto and 3 full coats on my Santro.
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:35   #1209
BHPian

Could someone help me buy a car shampoo which is thick and can create slippery/sleek water? I've been using sonax frequent use car wash and i noticed that the shampoo is too watery and doesn't create much sleekness in the water.
I'm considering sonax gloss shampoo, Has anyone tried 3M car shampoo? Which costs as much as the sonax 1L gloss shampoo for a 500ml can.
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:18   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Could someone help me buy a car shampoo which is thick and can create slippery/sleek water? I've been using sonax frequent use car wash and i noticed that the shampoo is too watery and doesn't create much sleekness in the water.
I'm considering sonax gloss shampoo, Has anyone tried 3M car shampoo? Which costs as much as the sonax 1L gloss shampoo for a 500ml can.
Try Amway Car shampoo. Check you PM for details if you need

Last edited by aka_iitd : 3rd November 2009 at 23:29.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:14   #1211
BHPian

Got 2 bottles of Sonax Gloss Shampoo concentrate & Liquid polish this weekend... both were at 25% discount at MRP from Reliance Mart in Delhi...
Old 4th November 2009, 18:36   #1212
BHPian

IME Amway was crap AND expensive. Caveat Emptor!!
Old 4th November 2009, 19:00   #1213
Senior - BHPian

^^^Amway shampoo expensive?! I know Amway has some pricey products, but can't say the shampoo is one of them! The recommended dosage is 5 ml for 4 lt of water. The cost comes to Rs. 2.29 per wash. That is much cheaper than most other shampoos!

Don't know if its crap though... haven't used it yet. Also, it is a pure shampoo... no wax... that might be one disadvantage of the product.
Old 4th November 2009, 19:45   #1214
BHPian

I guess Amway's shampoo is heavily concentrated and thick, Has anyone tried it? Could i get a trial sachet from anywhere?
Old 4th November 2009, 20:20   #1215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The best car wash i have seen and used- amway car wash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Try Amway Car shampoo. Check you PM for details if you need
+1.

I was also satisfied with amway car wash. Now using Sonax, but can't compare the products since I used it on different vehicles with different colours. (Sonax for red pulsar in chennai, and amway bottle is at trivandrum used on the silver wagonR).

Highly satisfied with Amway Silicon Glaze car polish as well. However, its slightly abrasive (Light colouration of cloth after application), hence it cant be used often.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks