Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2024, 17:26   #11821
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Hey everyone!

I have been taking care of my car from the outside by washing myself using a pressure washer etc.

But the other day I bought a betadine solution and kept it on the car seat. I forgot to take it out and it leaked. Even though it was in a plastic packet, it still left stains on the seat. I feel so bad and guilty.

What do you recommend is the best way to get this cleaned? Or should I approach a professional detailer? Or there is no hope and I have to just accept and move on

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-8f4a3d9a703947a3869e432d86dca349.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-484c371c27a648e6a05b06eb6eb150d6.jpg

Thank you so much for all the knowledge you all share. Been really helpful.
Old 3rd October 2024, 19:04   #11822
BHPian

A quick search on the net tells there are stain removers for Bitadene available at local pharmacists. Have you checked? However, do check out for some videos also before jumping in. If you are not sure then a detailer may be a better option.
Rodie09 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2024, 00:34   #11823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
A quick search on the net tells there are stain removers for Bitadene available at local pharmacists. Have you checked? However, do check out for some videos also before jumping in. If you are not sure then a detailer may be a better option.
Yes, I did do some research and mostly chatGPT guided about using baking soda paste + vinegar etc. I was a bit skeptical to put anything on the seat cause they are ventilated. I actually never searched the precise terms of "betadine stain remover" which was my mistake. Google does give that as the first result. Darn!

I was mostly searching for remove stain from ventilated leather car seats. My bad.

Thank you so much for prompting me in the right direction. I will do some more research on if it's leather friendly and also safe enough for ventilated seats.
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2024, 10:23   #11824
BHPian

The Betadine stain remover is supposedly mostly available in the US. I just found one vendor on India mart who sells in bulk. Will find out a source where it’s easily available and update it here. Maybe might be helpful for someone in the future.
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2024, 14:03   #11825

Sir the color of the Betadine is due to povidone-iodine. Sodium thiosulfate (also called hypo) is the salt that can easily remove the stain. You can either buy it from any online portal or ask any of your children to get it from their chemistry lab as it is used for iodometric titrations in chemistry lab.
neo_the_one is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks