Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2009, 22:04   #1141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Before you get a surface refinement treatment, Wash your car with a nice car wash, Dry it completely and apply a nice quality wax such as abel auto(turtle wax),Formula 1 (genuine make) or 3M wax and decide, A blue car wouldn't show swirl marks that easily. Surface treatment doesn't effect the rate of dust accumulation. You can use a car cover to protect it from dust.
Use a tire shine to increase the overall look of your car.
Akshay, thanks for the tip. I had my car washed by my gurkha, the car was absolutly clean! he did it in a jiffy. I would never get such a finish even if I was hours together. I would need to observe next around when he washes/cleans my car.

Thanks,
Old 20th September 2009, 13:32   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Akshay, thanks for the tip. I had my car washed by my gurkha, the car was absolutly clean! he did it in a jiffy. I would never get such a finish even if I was hours together. I would need to observe next around when he washes/cleans my car.

Thanks,
I wouldn't recommend you to have your car washed by the washer guy, They rub vehicles as if it were vessels,I agree that they clean, but the don't care about scratches caused by a dirty cloth, Take some time out and give your car a mild wash and a coat of wax. 3M liquid wax is widely available for 80Rs for a small bottle.
Old 20th September 2009, 15:34   #1143
BHPian

Need advise on polishing & waxing my car !

I own a 4 month old Swift which is white in color. I am in the business of manufacturing furniture and due to my carelessness my car is suffering from a serious problem. My car is parked near the area where my polishers polish the furniture. I didn't realize in the last few months that the spary coating they do on the furniture with the spray gun has made the car surface quite bumpy. The car shine has also suffered due to the very same fact. Now if i rub my hand over my car i can feel the minute bumps all over the car(Infact on the windows too).

The only remedy i see to this is washing>rubbing>polishing followed by waxing. But i don't know where to get this done in a proper and affordable way. I am a complete noob with this. Help me here guys.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th September 2009 at 16:16. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 20th September 2009, 15:58   #1144
BHPian

Dear Switch, there are humpty number of threads that talk about this. Anyways to answer your question, you can go for rubbing and polishing service that is offered by 3M.

Search for 3m authorized paint protection service in Noida. They would consult what would be the best for your car.

Thanks, Arun
Old 20th September 2009, 16:01   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Switch
Please refer the following threads, they'll answer all your queries:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ond-brite.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ket-india.html

For polishing you need a professional whereas waxing is an easy do it yourself.

MODS: Please merge the thread.
Old 20th September 2009, 16:01   #1146
BANNED

How's Turtle Hard Shell Liquid Wax.
I've bought a bottle before 2 months but not yet used. Intend to use tomorrow as its almost 2 months that I waxed my Linea
Old 20th September 2009, 16:12   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend you to have your car washed by the washer guy, They rub vehicles as if it were vessels,I agree that they clean, but the don't care about scratches caused by a dirty cloth, Take some time out and give your car a mild wash and a coat of wax. 3M liquid wax is widely available for 80Rs for a small bottle.
Hi Akshay, I would buy the 3m liquid wax. Washing the car are sometimes embarrassing for me since the car is right next to my dad's clinic and I hear everyone talk about how I was the car everyday! I do not know if I would have to take this as a compliment or !

Let me try the 3m polish and let you know the results.
Old 20th September 2009, 17:39   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
How's Turtle Hard Shell Liquid Wax.
I've bought a bottle before 2 months but not yet used. Intend to use tomorrow as its almost 2 months that I waxed my Linea
Turtle wax makes some nice quality product, The hard shell wax is better than the F1 wax, You'll have to rub a lot to get the shine, But worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hi Akshay, I would buy the 3m liquid wax. Washing the car are sometimes embarrassing for me since the car is right next to my dad's clinic and I hear everyone talk about how I was the car everyday! I do not know if I would have to take this as a compliment or !

Let me try the 3m polish and let you know the results.
I understand, How about teaching your washer guy how to wash the car delicately? Tell him to apply only a little pressure.
Old 20th September 2009, 18:03   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
I understand, How about teaching your washer guy how to wash the car delicately? Tell him to apply only a little pressure.
Actually the gurkha is in my in-law's house. I have to drive 3 kms to get my car washed. I washed and polished my car today myself today (Now) . I used Armour car polish and interior cleaning spray. I get near to perfect finish as the gurkha. Let me upload some pics of the car in a few hour.

I shall purchase 3m polish since its kinda 80 bucks, worth the experiment!

Last edited by MutantX : 20th September 2009 at 18:05.
Old 21st September 2009, 15:42   #1150
nitin.dangayach

used turtle wax Platinum which i got from amazon.com

it leaves a oily finish,should that oily finish be wiped off if a soft cloth ? or left as it ? wiping removes the wax layer ?

Last edited by nitin.dangayach : 21st September 2009 at 15:43.

Old 21st September 2009, 17:29   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
used turtle wax Platinum which i got from amazon.com

it leaves a oily finish,should that oily finish be wiped off if a soft cloth ? or left as it ? wiping removes the wax layer ?
Just follow the instruction on the box, The general method is apply it and wait for it to dry, Wipe with a soft cloth and buff to get the shine.

Did you get it shipped from amazon to India?

P.S- Use tbhp image upload option to post images which is found below the reply text box.

Last edited by akshay_b : 21st September 2009 at 17:31.
Old 21st September 2009, 17:52   #1152
BANNED

Turtle Super Hard Shell Liquid Wax

Last 2 months, I haven't done the waxing on my Linea. I got a Turtle Super Hard Shell Liquid Wax 2 months back & decided to use it today. It took me 2.5 hours but the results are much much better than Formula 1 Carnauba wax I am using.

Let the pics do the talking. First few pics show difference in shining of the area which is waxed v/s the area which is not waxed yet.

The Hood.. Lower portion is waxed, the upper one is not waxed. See the difference.
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915023.jpg

A-Pillar is waxed. The Front fender, Bonnet, ORVM, front door are not waxed. Check the Difference.
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915025.jpg

Rear fendor is waxed. The boot top is not waxed.
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915026.jpg

Bumper not waxed.
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915027r.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915028.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915029.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915030.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915031.jpg

Bumper not waxed. Can the bumper also be waxed? As the difference is quite obvious.
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915034r.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915035r.jpg

Turtle Super Hard Shell Liquid Wax bottle...
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915032.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20090915033.jpg
Old 21st September 2009, 17:53   #1153
nitin.dangayach

good it from the US

a good WAX will never dry according to me

also does a Hard Wax Protect better than a Liquid ? most users seem after shine forgetting that maintain priority of waxing to protect the paint layer.

Old 21st September 2009, 19:32   #1154

claying a paint finish

Hey Switch,
With regard to overspray "bumps" on the surface of your paint the best and fastest solution it to clay the entire car...windows too. Claying only removes the bumps and makes the paint surface smooooooth as silk. Polishing alone may not remove all the bumps also polishing to remove over spray unnecessarly affects the paint finish. If you tried to remove the overspray by just hand polishing...it could take you weeks...claying an entire car will take less than a hour and will be perfect when done.

After the car is clayed you can polish, if necessary, and then use a high quality automotive paint sealant for 6-8 month protection. Regular wax, Turtle, Formula etc in the real world are effective only for weeks not months. I would use a sealant especially since you have wicked weather which takes its toll very fast on ordinary wax.

May be I can post a how to with a few photos. Very simple process and designed specifically for over spray on vehicles.
Old 21st September 2009, 20:48   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
good it from the US

also does a Hard Wax Protect better than a Liquid ?
I bought mine in the US too. Of the wax products I have used so far, I find the Turtle Platinum Wax to be the best. Also, I have had better results with solid wax than with liquid wax.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks