Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2020, 23:27   #10921
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

I bought it from 3M store, Sanjaynagar. Good stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
I already have Megs ultimate polish but I just fear that its abrasive in nature and can penetrate the coat.But I can try your suggestion of using a light polish to remove the swirls and see how it works.However I am still trying to source Essence + but unfortunately its not in stock.Not sure from where else can I procure it. Any leads would be appreciated though.
Old 29th May 2020, 02:04   #10922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I already have Megs ultimate polish but I just fear that its abrasive in nature and can penetrate the coat.But I can try your suggestion of using a light polish to remove the swirls and see how it works.However I am still trying to source Essence + but unfortunately its not in stock.Not sure from where else can I procure it.
Any leads would be appreciated though.
That's why I said fo the polishing by hand, lightly so that you don't take too much off. If the coating is in decent condition and not too worn off it should be fine. Try and keep the polishing motion unidirectional up-down or side to side. Then do a nice decontamination wash followed by your sealant. If I'm not mistaken the creamy, milky consistency sealants will have better filling capabilities than thin, clear WOWA types.

PS just recently finished a playthrough of Metro Exodus
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 06:18   #10923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
That's why I said fo the polishing by hand, lightly so that you don't take too much off. If the coating is in decent condition and not too worn off it should be fine. Try and keep the polishing motion unidirectional up-down or side to side. Then do a nice decontamination wash followed by your sealant. If I'm not mistaken the creamy, milky consistency sealants will have better filling capabilities than thin, clear WOWA types.

PS just recently finished a playthrough of Metro Exodus
Yup let me give it a shot.
Although the hunt for Essence+/IGL Renew F4 will still continue.
As of now, it is the waxes and polishes which will come to my rescue.

Metro Sams Story is also out there as a DLC just in case

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th May 2020 at 15:44. Reason: Extra space
Old 30th May 2020, 17:10   #10924

Hi guys ! Following this thread from 1 to 729 and itching to post my DIY tools or ''The collection"as my wife calls it.
My car has been ceramic coated so wax is not in the cart. Feel free to recommend any good products that i can add .Few more awaiting delivery A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_5350.jpg
Pointerpins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 22:30   #10925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointerpins View Post
Hi guys ! Following this thread from 1 to 729 and itching to post my DIY tools or ''The collection"as my wife calls it.
My car has been ceramic coated so wax is not in the cart. Feel free to recommend any good products that i can add .Few more awaiting delivery Attachment 2011908

Hey, great collection.

So let me share my inputs. I see that most of the products you have are retail bottles/packages which I believe will be expensive in terms of per usage cost. What I mean is that buying a 5 litre of the product will come out cheaper than buying a 750 ml bottle. So I would recommend procure maybe a 1 litre or 5-litre bottles which will bring down the cost drastically.
No doubt it will initially cost more but it will last long.

Classic examples for these products would be (APC, Rinseless wash, Dressings) Also APC can be used to clean your tires and glass so no need to buy a dedicated cleaner. Similarly, Carpro PERL acts as a single product which can be used on Plastic Engine Rubber and has a great dilution ratio.
Carpro Ech02 can be used as a Quick Detailer, Clay Lube, Rinseless Wash, Waterless wash.

My point is to procure fewer products which have multiple uses but in 1-litre minimum quantity, of course, it depends on the frequency of how many times you clean your car. Also, please invest in dedicated drying towels and a few for rinseless/waterless wash.

I'll share the things which I have been using on my coated car:-

APC(Auto Finesse)->Used as an Engine Degreaser, Wheel Cleaner
Washing Shampoo(Geyon Bathe)->Specifically for a coated car
Rinseless/Waterless Wash(Carpro Ech02)->Rinseless and Waterless wash
Dressing(Carpro Perl)->For Tires, Interior Plastics, Engine, External Plastics
Drying(Geyon Silk Dryer,Geyon Waffle Weave)->1 Towel is enough to dry a compact SUV it is that good.
Towels for Rinseless Wash(Amazon MF towels)

All the liquids I have are 1-litre bottles and few have been as old as 1.5 years and still, I have product left. The good part about them is that they have a high dilution ratio
Artyom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 10:48   #10926
BHPian

Fellow members i wanted to check if anyone has any experience in using IGL coating products specifically Renew F4 polish.
Old 8th June 2020, 11:54   #10927
BHPian

Folks,

While searching for detailing products an issue which I have always faced is that most of the times you are not sure where to procure these products.

As in the only option that comes to mind is Online, but why not the dealer or the distributors .

My point is that if we have contact details of dealers and distributors of different brands we can directly procure products from them rather than searching the internet for a website which sells these.

I was wondering if we can all come together and get all the details on a single post which will help everyone in general.

Please share your views if that is a good idea.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:06   #10928
BHPian

Can somebody direct me to a good and reliable car detailing (both interior and exterior, esp. interior)service in Kochi, Kerala. I need to get my car cleaned inside out. I usually do the cleaning and vacuum myself but this time it has become a challenge because my two year old son managed to organize a food fight inside the car during our recent road trip. I have cleaned it up, but need to do a water vacuum on the fabric seats and carpets.

There is no more food items to be cleaned but stains are there. Thanks in advance.
Old 25th June 2020, 19:08   #10929
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
Can somebody direct me to a good and reliable car detailing (both interior and exterior, esp. interior)service in Kochi, Kerala. I need to get my car cleaned inside out. I usually do the cleaning and vacuum myself but this time it has become a challenge because my two year old son managed to organize a food fight inside the car during our recent road trip. I have cleaned it up, but need to do a water vacuum on the fabric seats and carpets.

There is no more food items to be cleaned but stains are there. Thanks in advance.
Go to https://www.facebook.com/yasmarkindia
mithun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 18:05   #10930
BHPian

I see turtle wax has started a lot of online promotions for its amazon store and they have brought a lot of their products on sale at decent rates. Anyone ordered any yet ? prev we used to get the hard shell wax only and i have used that.
Old 6th July 2020, 15:05   #10931
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I was about to place an order for some detailing stuff on AutoFresh.in so I added the products in the cart last night and left it thinking I'll order them today when time permits.

I got a call from Neeraj (Autofresh.in) today morning to enquire if something went wrong as the order has not been placed yet and if he could help in any way.

I discussed a few products with him which were out of stock and when they will be available.

While ending the conversation, he asked me to try the TurtleWax Hybrid Solutions product line as they are really good.

I declined as I am using CarPro Hydr02 and still have 3/4th bottle left.

He also shared a PDF file over WhatsApp for the product line and their prices (Please note that prices listed are not accurate and are on the higher side when compared to the website).

I am sharing the PDF on the forum just in case anyone wants to order.

Please note I am in no way associated with AutoFresh.in / Turtle Wax. I am sharing the document as I received it.

MODS, in case it's inappropriate to share the document please feel free to delete the post and apologies in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hybrid Solutions Fullrange with prices.pdf (1.09 MB, 619 views)
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 21:45   #10932
BHPian

Hey guys, so I've recently bought a pre-owned 2015 polo highline after spending years with the 03' Honda City Type 2.

Being an almost 5 years old car, the polo has had its fair bit of swirls and scratches.

I have bought the following products to be used for the exteriors:
- Meguiars Ultimate compound (from Amazon - seller: HNR Retail - Rs 1695)
- Meguiars Ultimate polish (from Amazon - seller: Cloudtail - Rs 795)
- 3 M large car care kit comprising of shampoo, dashboard polish, tyre polish, liquid wax and two microfiber cloths (from Amazon - seller: Cloudtail - Rs 1595)
- Formula 1 wash and wax ~950 ml (from Amazon- seller: Cloudtail - Rs 486)
- Formula 1 carnuba wax (from Amazon - seller: Cloudtail - Rs 415)

Also got the Bosch 950 rotary polisher. I understand that the rotary polisher is not for beginners, hence shall be very careful, although I have used it a couple of times before and am comfortable with it.

Now for the compounding, after going through various threads on TeamBhp, I realised that there is a serious lack of availability of polishing pads (trying to procure it. Please guide me to a reseller if possible).

I settled for three pads from Scholl:
i) Scholl Concepts L Topwool 165mm (for compounding) Rs 988
ii) Scholl Concepts Polishing Pad 165/25mm White (for polishing) Rs 790
iii) Scholl Concepts ECO L Polishing/Finishing Pad 165/25 mm Black (for sealant/ wax) Rs 590

All three pads are procure via Amazon from a Surat based Company/ seller called Autofresh. http://www.autofresh.in. I visited their website and they do have a huge collection of car care products and seem pretty credible.

However the pads i received were packed in a simple plastic bag (may be imported in bulk and repackaged) with a simple sticker stating the pad name, country of origin, price and importer.

"Can someone please help me know if these are genuine? Posting the pictures of the pads below."

"ALSO, another query. A friend is coming back from the US and can carry the pads from Meguiars and i have shortlisted the below:
i) MEGUIAR'S WRFC7 Soft Buff 7" Rotary Foam Cutting Pad - USD 15 - https://amzn.to/2O7Kqlh
ii) MEGUIAR'S WRFF7 Soft Buff 7" Rotary Foam Finishing Pad - USD 15 https://amzn.to/2CjxO8g

Are the Meguiars pads preferred over the Scholl concepts? The scholl concepts are also 6 inch pads as compared to 7 inch as that from Meguiars.

All possible help wil be appreciated as I need to make a decision by the weekend. Thanks a tonne.

Shall surely be posting the entire stack of products and the detailing ourney here on.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-scholl-concepts-top-wool-pad-front.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-scholl-concepts-top-wool-pad.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-scholl-concepts-finishing-pad-back-view.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-scholl-concepts-finishing-pad-side.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-scholl-concepts-polishing-pad-back-view.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-scholl-concepts-polishing-pad.jpg  

seedyk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 18:04   #10933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
Hey guys, so I've recently bought a pre-owned 2015 polo highline after spending years with the 03' Honda City Type 2.

Being an almost 5 years old car, the polo has had its fair bit of swirls and
scratches.

Shall surely be posting the entire stack of products and the detailing ourney here on.
So after researching a bit, realised that AutoFresh is a well established brand. Spoke to the guys out there and ended up ordering the Scholl pads from their website as they were a tad bit cheaper.

Has anyone used the Scholl Ecofix line of pads?
Old 11th July 2020, 23:56   #10934
BHPian

Last week I ordered these 3 products from Amazon to try out, highlight being the Matt Effect and Xtreme wheel cleaner.

Only Matt Effect and Glass cleaner have been tried so far and will try the wheel cleaner next week.

Here is a mini-review.

I have been using the ONR Wash and Wax diluted 1:20 as an interior cleaner ever since my first vehicle, although it did the job I always felt something was missing in terms of the finish.

After searching the internet and reading through a lot of reviews finalised these ones. Point to note I have used SONAX Gloss and shine shampoo before and it did the job well.

Furthermore, the comparison videos with other brands sealed the deal for me.

To apply just spray and massage the product with a foam applicator and wipe with a microfiber towel. That's it

It leaves a nice fragrance and a smooth to touch matt finish.

After using the Matt Effect I observed that panels don't attract dust as much as it did before.

As far as the Glass cleaner is concerned its just like any other cleaner with the exception that the dust doesn't stick/stay on to the glass as before.

Let me share some pictures as well.

Please note I am in no way associated with this brand/seller and these are my observations.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200707_175328.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181229.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181231.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181304.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181309.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181344.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181357.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181414.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181151.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181135.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181128.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181426.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181431.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181436.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20200711_181452.jpg  

Artyom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 01:08   #10935
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a mini-review.

I have been using the ONR Wash and Wax diluted 1:20 as an interior cleaner ever since my first vehicle, although it did the job I always felt something was missing in terms of the finish.
Nice clean interiors man ! I've been using Sonax cockpit spray and I like it. I just find the fragrance too strong while applying it. I apply it with a microfiber and leave it that way. Works fine. Gives a nice matte finish.

I'm totally in love with its spray head though ! In the pics you attached, it's the spray head that's on your wheel cleaner, that came with my Sonax cockpit spray. It would cost ⅓rd of the price (~₹200) just to buy a good quality spray bottle. So I feel the product is worth its price.
saisailendra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks