Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2020, 16:38   #10846
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk1975 View Post
We've had them in our apartment complex for more than 2 years now and it is every bit as good as they advertise. The water consumption is radically low...
In the interest of full disclosure, I've been using their service since 2018 and I don't have any financial interest in their company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp_morpheus View Post
Thanks a ton. This is very helpful. Arranged a demo today and was satisfied with what the service, hoping they maintain it at the same level everyday.
What are their rates for car cleaning per month? I don't want to sign up on their app just to browse their rates. Their website is down and likely doesn't list rates.
Old 30th January 2020, 17:20   #10847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
What are their rates for car cleaning per month? I don't want to sign up on their app just to browse their rates. Their website is down and likely doesn't list rates.
Their rates start from about 400 Rs/month for a Hatchback to about 600 Rs/month for an SUV/MUV. Bike cleaning starts at about 200 Rs/month.

It goes without saying that the prices are subject to change (and usual disclaimers). Since we live in a very large residential apartment, we've been able to negotiate competitive prices.
jfk1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 17:28   #10848

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
999 for 3 months as an introductory price for all cars types. Generally 499/599/699 for hatchback/Sedan/SUVs.

I stay in a residential complex with 1000+flats and I dont think we have struck a deal yet. Per my conversation with the service rep, only 10 residents have signed up here.

Disclaimer: They recently launched this service in Mumbai so it may catch up soon, depending on service consistency and VFM.
vp_morpheus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 10:24   #10849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Try the Sonax high speed wax: https://www.amazon.in/Sonax-288200-H...X0EB984T7GH6J5

It's almost similar to the Meguiars one.

https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-high-speed-wax.html

Thanks for the recommendation, bought a bottle of Sonax high speed wax recently, attached are couple of pics after one pass of the same on my almost a decade old Alto

Contrary to the reviews on Amazon, I received the same Yellow colored unit.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-ms.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-ms1.jpg  

samsag12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 15:45   #10850
BHPian

Might be a stupid question but I am really confused as how should I wash my car cover? I have a covered car park and generally there is dust on the cover. I try to remove it as far as possible using a dry cloth. Is washing the cover in Washing machine a good idea?
adi.mariner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 23:21   #10851
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Might be a stupid question but I am really confused as how should I wash my car cover? ...
Count me stupid too then!

No, it is not at all a stupid question. I have one of the expensive tp covers, and, after a couple of years, it has dust inside and out. I don't think that washing it is a good idea, as wet dust becomes mud.

I have thought about vacuuming it, both sides. So far, my I-think-best idea is to string a line between two trees, hang it over it, and beat it. This is only theory: I have not done anything yet.

Any better ideas?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 19:57   #10852
Senior - BHPian

I think the preferred method is to spray it down while it is on the car to get the major exterior gunk off and to then machine wash it if it fits in the machine.
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 20:17   #10853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
get the major exterior gunk off and to then machine wash it if it fits in the machine.
That is what I did finally. Got majority of the dust off using a broom and then washed it in a washing machine. Usedd it with the "Jeans" wash cycle and it is good to go for a few more months.
adi.mariner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 23:07   #10854
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think that mine would fit in any domestic washing machine I have ever had.

That is to say, I could jam it in, but that would make for a very poor wash, and possibly overload the machine.
Old 12th February 2020, 02:57   #10855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't think that mine would fit in any domestic washing machine I have ever had.

That is to say, I could jam it in, but that would make for a very poor wash, and possibly overload the machine.
One can always go to the local laundromat as they usually have bigger industrial machines. This is how we get our full size blankets washed.
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 01:15   #10856
BHPian

Hello. There are lot of light swirls on my white VW Ameo purchased in Jan 2020 since delivery. I don't want to invest heavily in the equipment, however was wondering if I could buy the Polish pad kits available on Amazon along with Meg Ultimate polish to get rid of the swirls. Has anyone used it? Is it advisable to use such pads on the car?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SuperSuri : 19th February 2020 at 01:16. Reason: Type error.
Old 22nd February 2020, 00:40   #10857
BHPian

Hello everyone!
So I've decided to try my hand in detailing my cars. I've no prior experience and this will be a first for me. From several posts and videos, I've made the following list on what to follow.
Wash tyres and wheel arches first
Wash car(wavex shampoo)- weekly
Dry the car with micro fibre
Use clay bar- once in 2 months
Use rubbing compound(meguiar's ultimate compound)
Polish car(meguiar's ultimate polish)- once in 6 months
Use formula1 paste wax- once a month
Use sonax high speed wax- weekly
Tyre polish(wavex)- weekly

Now, I want to know if I'll be able to do the rubbing compound and polish part with hand and get the desired results as I don't have any professional tools for the same. Even if I were to buy one, I doubt I'll be able to use it properly given the fact that I've no prior experience in operating the same.
Kindly help me regarding how should I proceed. My ultimate goal is to restore the lost shine and get rid of whatever minor scratches possible.

Last edited by shivamk11 : 22nd February 2020 at 00:41.
Old 22nd February 2020, 08:23   #10858
Senior - BHPian

Found the 'gold standard' in waxes (for dark cars), since this is the best I've used by far. My Nexon has been ceramic protected for 2.5 years, and its slightly wearing off. Before a touch up I thought I'll use this old tube of Meguiar's for Dark, that I found in my cupboard (this was picked up from Singapore and is in my storage for almost 2 years). The glint and brilliance is unparalleled. (Not as good as Drexler ceramic coat, but nearly as good). It's swallowed the minor swirls in one application and the bonnet has a nice deep, rich look. Hope its still being produced. (Pardon the slightly fuzzy pic taken on an old phone)
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_8353.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_8359.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:29   #10859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
rubbing compound
Rubbing compound is abrasive, and should only be used when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Found the 'gold standard' in waxes (for dark cars) ... ... ... Hope its still being produced.
It certainly is, and Amazon will deliver it to your door:

Meguiar's Black Wax on Amazon.in

I didn't read further down the google results, so there may well be other suppliers.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 12:49   #10860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Rubbing compound is abrasive, and should only be used when needed
Yes, I'm planning to use it only at the panels where it's absolutely needed, which are having a lot of scratches or swirls.
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks