Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2018, 12:21   #10561
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
It used to be on a deal for 1550 x2 for a 2 pack just a month ago. I should have bought it then only.

Do you suggest any other product to go with the sealant you suggested for my silver car? It seems VFM.
Are you serious, just Rs. 1550 for 2 bottles of 845? Had been following many sites & ultimately bought from Ultimate Detailerz website for Rs.. 1995 for 1 bottle. Best wax!
I have 845 & Chemical Guys Blitz spray sealant (Recommended by a detailing expert) bought after seeing his Tiago being treated by these items.
Old 30th October 2018, 12:33   #10562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjunag View Post
Are you serious, just Rs. 1550 for 2 bottles of 845? Had been following many sites & ultimately bought from Ultimate Detailerz website for Rs.. 1995 for 1 bottle. Best wax!
I have 845 & Chemical Guys Blitz spray sealant (Recommended by a detailing expert) bought after seeing his Tiago being treated by these items.
Guess i was not clear.
I mentioned Rs 1550 x2 = Around 3100. Around 5 years back collinite used to be around sub 1k iirc.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 30th October 2018 at 12:34.
Old 30th October 2018, 14:22   #10563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay, collinite is out of budget i feel. It used to be on a deal for 1550 x2 for a 2 pack just a month ago. I should have bought it then only.

Do you suggest any other product to go with the sealant you suggested for my silver car? It seems VFM.
Get the wolfgang hand applicator & a bottle of scratch X - quick way to tackle minor scratches by hand for the time being.

http://www.bringingbest.in/collinite...-2-0-4oz-118ml

http://www.bringingbest.in/microfibe...pad-wgpad-dual
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 15:58   #10564
BHPian

Quote:
So i ordered Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 from flipkart for what seemed like a great price of 1375/-. Unfortunately they delivered the packet fully leaked and all the wax had spilled out and is useless now.
You can buy the same Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 from Paytm Mall for INR 1,200 and can get a cashback of 240 which makes its a VFM Purchase. I bought this wax back in July for 1,200 and got 180 cashback.

https://paytmmall.com/meguiar-s-g127...14D83AD9B0-pdp

The quality of wax is pretty good and I have used only once till now when I detailed my car during 1st week of September and it holds the shine till now. You just need to apply a thin coat of this wax and I am sure this can last for atleast 2 years.
jpcoolguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 16:08   #10565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
YYou just need to apply a thin coat of this wax and I am sure this can last for atleast 2 years.
You mean that the bottle will last for 2 years right? because the wax (and technically Meg's NXT 2.0 is a synthetic sealant) may last for about 2 months at most.
Old 30th October 2018, 17:08   #10566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
You can buy the same Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 from Paytm Mall for INR 1,200 and can get a cashback of 240 which makes its a VFM Purchase. I bought this wax back in July for 1,200 and got 180 cashback.

https://paytmmall.com/meguiar-s-g127...14D83AD9B0-pdp

The quality of wax is pretty good and I have used only once till now when I detailed my car during 1st week of September and it holds the shine till now. You just need to apply a thin coat of this wax and I am sure this can last for atleast 2 years.
Thank you for this. I just ordered one now as it seems VFM at a sub 1k price.
Old 30th October 2018, 17:33   #10567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
You mean that the bottle will last for 2 years right? because the wax (and technically Meg's NXT 2.0 is a synthetic sealant) may last for about 2 months at most.
Obviously, I meant the can which may last for 2 years. As you said, the wax once applied may last for 2 months as my last application is almost 2 months back and just now started to fade.
Old 2nd November 2018, 13:35   #10568
BHPian

Got these goodies from PBMG, USA.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20181102_131218.jpg  

trinity0114 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 17:12   #10569
BHPian

Any suggestions on how to clean fabric car seats ? Has anyone tried baking soda to clean it as i read somewhere that it works well and does not seep inside seats.
Old 9th November 2018, 17:17   #10570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on how to clean fabric car seats ? Has anyone tried baking soda to clean it as i read somewhere that it works well and does not seep inside seats.
Best way is to use a wet vacuum like this:

But if that is not possible, I have had good results (removing the surface stains and dirt) with Meg's Carpet & upholstery cleaner.

https://www.amazon.in/Meguiars-G9719.../dp/B00QKI5L82
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 12:39   #10571
BHPian

Tested out Meguiars tech wax 2.0 on half the bonnet. Water beading is good and there is a nice noticeable shine on the portion that was waxed. Nothing earth shattering but then i also applied it just after a shampoo and no pre-treatment of polish etc. My car is also silver with no major paint fade yet too as its just over 3 years old and has spent 2 years parked in basement during the weekdays when i take it to work. Please see the video in HD:
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 17:21   #10572
Senior - BHPian

Spent 3 hours today to get the shine back - had been either lazy or occupied over the last few weekends, and dusty conditions ensured a dirty car.

Steps:
  • Water wash
  • Snow foam (valet pro ph neutral snow foam + mesto pump action foamer) followed by rinsing
  • Tire (Verso APC + mother's tire brush) and wheel (Valetpro bilberry wheel cleaner + mother's wheel brush + daytona speed master wheel brush) cleaned
  • Shampoo (Gtechniq G wash + meg's MF mitts) followed by rinsing
  • Towel dry with DC blue giant
  • Meg's tech wax 2.0 for body and wheels
  • Finishkare top kote for tires

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20181125_142205.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20181125_142250.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20181125_142336.jpg
blackasta is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 21:20   #10573
BHPian

Any users of Sonax car polish ? or should i get the Meguiars ultimate polish which costs double ? looking to clean up the minor scratches, swirls etc before using the Meguiars wax on the car as i guess using a polish before waxing will enhance the look and shine.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 2nd December 2018 at 21:37.
Old 2nd December 2018, 21:27   #10574
BHPian

Quote:
Any users of Sonax car polish ? or should i get the meguiars ultimate polish which costs double ? looking to clean up the minor scratches etc before waxing the car as i guess using a polish before waxing will enhance the look and shine.
Meguiars Ultimate Polish anyday. For double the price it is 3-4 times better than the Sonax polish.
The shine it gives and minor swirl removal is second to none.

Actually there isn't a better hand application polish in the world that you can buy.

Just a kind suggestion.
The Ultimate Polish needs to be worked in longer than other polishes. Not excessive arm pressure, but the time. You won't be disappointed with the result.
NOS Power is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 23:27   #10575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any users of Sonax car polish ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
Meguiars Ultimate Polish anyday.
I had bought a 250 ml sonax car polish back in 2010. The original stuff made in Germany. Half a bottle of the same is still with me - that's how less I have used. That stuff practically has no cut whatsoever when used by hand.

Please get the Meg's Ultimate Polish as suggested by NOS Power - it's better than the sonax.

Also - I have had good results (using DA machine) with Sonus Paintwork Cleanser Prewax Polish & Carpro Fixer.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed