Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 14:54   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
It is marketed by xenos and has all the products here. can get you if you want

will post a picture soon of what i have now
Thanks a lot buddy, A guy from Xenos office here informed me today that the new stocks of abel auto products have arrived and I'll personally go there and buy a few products instead of you shipping them all over to Bangy.
Thank you again. Appreciate it

Last edited by akshay_b : 29th August 2009 at 14:56.
Old 29th August 2009, 19:35   #1037
BHPian

One good thing begets another..
You clean the tyres with Pepsi, you also save on the calorie counter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Excellent Sir..!!!!

The two things i would like to clarify (Pls correct me if i'm wrong)
1.Putting Engine oil on the black bumpers to make the bumpers jet black
2.Clean tyres with Pepsi ...It makes it black but dunno if its harmful to the rubber

Regards
KP
Old 30th August 2009, 00:18   #1038
BHPian

Got big 'detailing' plans for Sunday. My Swift has not been washed for about a week now and is starting to look really bad.
First, a thorough body wash with Sonax gloss shampoo.
A much needed upholstery and carpet clean up with the Sonax interior cleaner.
By the time I'm done with this, hopefully the car will have dried completely. I'm going to give it a gentle massage and rub off with 3M liquid wax.
If I have not collapsed after all this, I'm going to use 3M Plast shield on the dash, door panels and any other plastic parts I come across.
If you live in or around Vidyaranyapura and your idea of a Sunday well spent is to watch a tubby guy sweat and curse and generally make a donkey of himself, do come over.
Incidentally, I picked up the 3M stuff from Spar yesterday and saw quite a few fake Formula1 wax tins along with what seemed to be the genuine stuff. Both bore the same importer's sticker.
Edit: Anyone been able to locate Turtlewax in Blr?

Last edited by Roy.S : 30th August 2009 at 00:20.
Old 30th August 2009, 00:47   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Got big 'detailing' plans for Sunday. My Swift has not been washed for about a week now and is starting to look really bad.
First, a thorough body wash with Sonax gloss shampoo.
A much needed upholstery and carpet clean up with the Sonax interior cleaner.
By the time I'm done with this, hopefully the car will have dried completely. I'm going to give it a gentle massage and rub off with 3M liquid wax.
If I have not collapsed after all this, I'm going to use 3M Plast shield on the dash, door panels and any other plastic parts I come across.
If you live in or around Vidyaranyapura and your idea of a Sunday well spent is to watch a tubby guy sweat and curse and generally make a donkey of himself, do come over.
Incidentally, I picked up the 3M stuff from Spar yesterday and saw quite a few fake Formula1 wax tins along with what seemed to be the genuine stuff. Both bore the same importer's sticker.
Edit: Anyone been able to locate Turtlewax in Blr?
Formula 1 stuff available in many super markets are fake, Even big bazaar!
Try Metro or Shell outlets.
Turtle wax products have stopped coming to India, Take a look at Abel auto products which is a company run by Turtle wax. check out stefanm's post about abel auto liquid wax.
I've ordered a bottle from XENOS which is the sole distributor for abel auto products.

Xenos
Old 30th August 2009, 10:17   #1040
BHPian

Folks,

I went to an exhibition and stumbled upon some great products from Pidilite Indisutries ( the fevicol guys). They have acquired a company called Cyclo in USA who make wax polishes, shampoos, sprays and a huge list of performance enhancing and maintenance products. I am pretty impressed using these for my formula red palio 1.6. Maybe you can check it out too.

Go to Pidilite Industries Limited and click on automative chemicals.They have a good distributor in Bangalore near Double road.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:08   #1041
BHPian

The pidilite owned motomax products area available at all shell stores

Has anyone come across water less car wash spray which claim to have silicon polymers and polishing agents? I plan to use it for quick detailing only after washing with water and a car wash, Any good spray detailers out there? Please suggest.

Xenos
Old 30th August 2009, 16:31   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone come across water less car wash spray which claim to have silicon polymers and polishing agents
Yes it is available in abel auto. just spray and clean thats all. you can ask for demonstration when you gop to xenos. the other day the guy from xenos did a demo on the car. it did a wonderful job. but i was a little jittery to buy it as i hadnt heard of it before.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-30082009544.jpg

Added these to knights to my cleaning batallion. They do a wonderful job
Old 30th August 2009, 17:24   #1043
BANNED

Is it wise to buy rubbing compound and use it myself ?

A mechanic told me that it's not meant to be used like wax. Does this job requires expert skills ?
Old 30th August 2009, 17:40   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Yes it is available in abel auto. just spray and clean thats all. you can ask for demonstration when you gop to xenos. the other day the guy from xenos did a demo on the car. it did a wonderful job. but i was a little jittery to buy it as i hadnt heard of it before.

Added these to knights to my cleaning batallion. They do a wonderful job
Yes i'm aware of the abel auto water less cleaner, I wanted to know if it acts as a quick detailer or should i buy Meguiar's quick detailer, I plan to use after washing.
Nice products you have there, F1 protector, 3M car care kit and abel auto products, The best products in the indian market! What else do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is it wise to buy rubbing compound and use it myself ?

A mechanic told me that it's not meant to be used like wax. Does this job requires expert skills ?
Rubbing compound is okay to use if you are removing tiny scratches on small areas, You will require a professional car detailer to use the rotary buffer if you plan to remove swirl marks or minor scratches on the entire car. Improper spin speed or pressure can remove layers of paint in no time.

I suggest you to get a 3M swirl and scratch treatment if you want to remove scratches from the entire body.
Old 30th August 2009, 20:28   #1045
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's sacrilege for a Bhp-ian like myself. But, I must admit that I was equally guilty last week. After the long drive to Pondy and back last Sunday, my car got a thorough wash only on Saturday morning!

Quote:
Roy,

I saw this message only now, else would have loved to come over and even lend a hand. I spent this Sunday (after being out the past 4 weeks) tidying up the house and organizing my music collection.

Do post some pics of the job if possible.

Regards,
gpa
Old 31st August 2009, 14:52   #1046
BHPian

Hi All,

This Sunday, I got my Scorpio polished by the showroom guys. This was part of the purchase deal. They used Waxoyl products and the rotary machine to polish the painted surface. Then they used something called as paint sealent (never seen it before) also from the same company. It looks like a sponge pad which has a white solution packet inside and only comes out post piercing the sponge. Any one here has any clue about what this is and how good/bad is it for the paint?

Last edited by sudipta : 31st August 2009 at 14:54.
Old 31st August 2009, 22:32   #1047
BHPian

Need some help guys.. An auto wallah transferred some black paint onto my car .. is there any way this will go away without repainting? Sorry for the image quality - taken with mobile at night.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image024.jpg  

Old 31st August 2009, 22:49   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Need some help guys.. An auto wallah transferred some black paint onto my car .. is there any way this will go away without repainting? Sorry for the image quality - taken with mobile at night.
It seems there is no dent and very little damage to paint. Buy "3M Finesse-it" and using it will mostly restore the original look. Will cost only about Rs.50/-.

Last edited by janitha : 31st August 2009 at 22:51.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:32   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Yep, some rubbing compount will make that better in a jiffy!
Old 1st September 2009, 00:35   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Need some help guys......
His paint has rubbed off on your bumper. Take that off with a diesel soaked rag. After that, any good rubbing compound should take care of the scuffed paint.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks