Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:27   #1006
BHPian

Wow, The paint's gloss is really good.

Able auto products are avialble with xenos india on their website: Able auto claims them to be a part of turtle wax company.

Xenos

Last edited by akshay_b : 23rd August 2009 at 14:34.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:17   #1007
BANNED

What's the price of Abelauto liquid wax ?
Old 25th August 2009, 11:26   #1008
BHPian

375Rs. I wasn't able to buy directly from their site, So i mailed them regarding the problem and the site has been down since then. Guess they're fixing the bug.
Old 25th August 2009, 12:12   #1009
BANNED

MRP on the bottle in Rs395 for 500ml, got it from a shop in Milan Subway for Rs350. Will be asking some the local accessory dealers in Goa to start stocking these products if they are not doings so already, shouldn't be a problem as many of these guys stock xenos stuff. This works out cheaper than the 3m liquid wax and much more economical than F1 wax, the rain water beading is excellent, i waxed the car on friday and it has rain everyday since, have been driving through muddy puddles etc. the car still looks great. definate 10/10 so far, this bottle will easily last 12months if used once a month on the Safari.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:04   #1010
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
This works out cheaper than the 3m liquid wax and much more economical than F1 wax, the rain water beading is excellent,
stefanm,

A great find. Am impressed at the levels of gloss in the pics. Don't think I have seen this product in Bangalore. Definitely looking forward to trying it out.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 25th August 2009, 16:56   #1011

Removing Hard Water Marks

Hi guys,

My car used to be parked in a shelter that remained half exposed and was directly below the building pipes. I had gone on office tour and when i returned i was shocked to see white hard water marks below the window and mirror of my Swift. It was a 4" wide area all the way from the window to the end of the door.

I checked with a couple of car detailing and cleaning folks, Maruti A.s.s. 3M etc and all came with expensive options and no one guaranteed 100% removal. So much so Maruti service guy told me to get the door repainted.

I was almost on the verge of giving up and repainting the door when i read an article over the net which talked about using Vinegar diluted with water.

Below is what i have used which did work wonders for me

soak some sponge in a little vinegar, applied it over the white area and left for a min, used a wet sponge to rub the area and then washed it off with a lot of water. Post that applied Carnuba wax polish in the area to regain the shine. It really worked wonders and i saved a huge amount too.

Attached is the pic of the car post the clean up. sorry didnt remember to click a photo of the damage

Hope this is useful for all who are facing similar hardwater problems
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dscf5265.jpg  

Old 26th August 2009, 06:07   #1012
BHPian

I came across a site that promises removal of almost every scratch or money back guarantee. I even mailed the guy and he too says the same thing. He gave me an offer price of $77(inclusive of india shipping) against the usual price of $150. Now, i m thinking hard whether to give it a try or not. The offer is for 2 more days. Check this site...

Car Scratch Remover :: Fast Permanent Results 100% Guaranteed
Old 26th August 2009, 10:47   #1013
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Below is what i have used which did work wonders for me

soak some sponge in a little vinegar, applied it over the white area and left for a min, used a wet sponge to rub the area and then washed it off with a lot of water.
Victor,

Thanks for the tip! Another thing that you can use is concentrated lime juice. Take a fresh lime and squeeze the juice onto the hard water spots and let it soak for about 15 mins, then wash off with water and voila, the spots will disappear.

I used this technique and it worked brilliantly in the past.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 26th August 2009, 12:48   #1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Victor,

Thanks for the tip! Another thing that you can use is concentrated lime juice. Take a fresh lime and squeeze the juice onto the hard water spots and let it soak for about 15 mins, then wash off with water and voila, the spots will disappear.

I used this technique and it worked brilliantly in the past.

Cheers,
gpa
I need to try that too! Thanks GPA. any idea how to get the rain drop marks off the glasses. This is one area i have been struggling and no amount of cleaning helps in complete removal

Regards,
Victor
Old 26th August 2009, 14:00   #1015
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
I need to try that too! Thanks GPA. any idea how to get the rain drop marks off the glasses. This is one area i have been struggling and no amount of cleaning helps in complete removal
Rain water usually does not leave any spots. Are you talking about hard water stains on the glass?
Old 26th August 2009, 14:26   #1016
Senior - BHPian

i have been using abel auto glass cleaner and a scratch remover as well. gives me great result. especiallt the scratch remover is a tooth paste like thing and it clears out most of the clear coat scratches very well
Old 26th August 2009, 15:41   #1017
BHPian

@gap and Victor

Both conc. lime juice and vinegar are acidic in nature. don't they actually harm the paint?
Old 26th August 2009, 15:56   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i have been using abel auto glass cleaner and a scratch remover as well. gives me great result. especiallt the scratch remover is a tooth paste like thing and it clears out most of the clear coat scratches very well
Where do you find abel auto products?
Could some one ship me an abel auto liquid wax/polish to me please
I will bear all the expenses. Their website www.xenos.co.in is not working and i need a liquid wax urgently.

Last edited by akshay_b : 26th August 2009 at 16:01.
Old 26th August 2009, 16:06   #1019
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD007 View Post
@gap and Victor

Both conc. lime juice and vinegar are acidic in nature. don't they actually harm the paint?
I've never tried vinegar. The acidic content of lime is too small to have any adverse affect on the paint. Hoever, it is still good enought to remove any stains from hard water dripping on the paint.
Old 26th August 2009, 16:12   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1 carnauba wash and wax

Here are the results obtained with the above products. There was a light scratch which was also removed with this. the gloss and feel of the paint was smooooth.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-polished-car.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks