Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2017, 19:14   #10036
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

I've been using Muc-Off Nano Tech Bike Cleaner (been buying it from Xtorque - HSR Layout) to clean the Baron and was very happy with the results. Worked very well in removing even the toughest of grime and bug splats.

Since the HSR Layout outlet of Xtorque close down, getting a can of Muc-Off was not possible and even Amazon India didn't have stock of them.

Went to the local 3M car detailer in E-city to buy one of their 3M car shampoos and he suggested I try the Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash. I'm not very pleased with the results and would still prefer Muc-Off Nano Tech anyday. The Meguiar's wash doesn't seem to take out all of the surface grime and bug splats. I guess I will have to try using more of the wash concentrate instead of ther recommended 4 cap fulls in a gallon of water.
Old 6th February 2017, 20:04   #10037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
I've been using Muc-Off Nano Tech Bike Cleaner (been buying it from Xtorque - HSR Layout) to clean the Baron and was very happy with the results. Worked very well in removing even the toughest of grime and bug splats.

Since the HSR Layout outlet of Xtorque close down, getting a can of Muc-Off was not possible and even Amazon India didn't have stock of them.

Went to the local 3M car detailer in E-city to buy one of their 3M car shampoos and he suggested I try the Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash. I'm not very pleased with the results and would still prefer Muc-Off Nano Tech anyday. The Meguiar's wash doesn't seem to take out all of the surface grime and bug splats. I guess I will have to try using more of the wash concentrate instead of ther recommended 4 cap fulls in a gallon of water.

Muc-off has some really good products. I have used their Ubershine Shampoo for car wash and it was nice one. I had bought it from a store in JC Road, who were actually the importer for Muc-Off products. But not sure if they still deal with Muc-Off. Nevertheless, you can call Rajeev on 9886026581 & check if he has stocks.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 6th February 2017 at 20:05.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 16:53   #10038
BHPian

Hello Team
Seek help from members.

I have Fiat Linea (June-2012) with OEM leather seats.
I've 3D Kagu Mats.

Yesterday- my 4.5 year old Son threw-up inside the car sitting in rear seat. He was unwell and most of it was liquid. I couldn't stop immediately due to traffic and hence all the vomit was inside car.

While the 3D mats collected bulk, seats and the carpet around the edges of the kagu mat also soaked in the vomit.

After reaching home, I washed the mats. And also did a wipe-down for the same using a damp cloth, the pungent smell and residue remains. My worry is upholstery will absorb this smell if left unattended.

Can you please advise what can I do- any leather shampoo/conditioner or freshener to use.

I already have my shaldan wax air freshener in car.

I am thinking to give to 3M for total interior cleanup as it has been long since we did professional interior cleaning.

Last edited by daretodream : 10th February 2017 at 16:54. Reason: formatting
Old 10th February 2017, 16:56   #10039
Senior - BHPian

Suggest you give it for a full interior clean to 3M. Kindly do it immediately.

Also any recent reviews on Ceramic Pro? Keen to get my car done by them.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:08   #10040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Yesterday- my 4.5 year old Son threw-up inside the car sitting in rear seat. He was unwell and most of it was liquid. I couldn't stop immediately due to traffic and hence all the vomit was inside car.

While the 3D mats collected bulk, seats and the carpet around the edges of the kagu mat also soaked in the vomit.

After reaching home, I washed the mats. And also did a wipe-down for the same using a damp cloth, the pungent smell and residue remains. My worry is upholstery will absorb this smell if left unattended.
Seat foams and upholstery might have absorbed the liquid and without shampoo and wet vacuum it would be difficult to get rid of the smell. If the affected area is small, you could try APC or leather cleaner but for large areas it is better to approach the professional cleaners.

Last edited by Makin Rulesz : 10th February 2017 at 17:10.
Makin Rulesz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 19:33   #10041
BHPian

Quote:
And also did a wipe-down for the same using a damp cloth, the pungent smell and residue remains. My worry is upholstery will absorb this smell if left unattended.
After you have cleaned all the solid vomit, sprinkle copious amounts of baking soda on the affected areas and leave it for about 45 minutes and then vaccuum off the remaining baking soda

That gets rid of 99% the smell. Try and leave the car with all doors open, and windows rolled down in direct sunlight for a few hours, that gets rid of the remaining 1%.

Do not use any deo/perfume to try and mask the smell, the end result is that you will never use that perfume/deo again as it will keep reminding you of the puke ( speaking from personal experience)
nova9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 00:23   #10042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Spray vinegar in the carpet area, use a cloth washing brush to scrub the carpet. Use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe the surface. Dunk the used MF cloth and brush in a bucket of clean water, squeeze excess water and repeat till the whole carpet area smells of vinegar. Keep the windows slightly open, in one day the vinegar smell should be completely gone. The vinegar also ensures that no mould/fungus will grow on the carpet area.
SunnyBoi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 15:49   #10043

Can anyone tell me the dilution ratio of proklear extreme cx for RINSELESS wash? Asked them on their website and advised 15 ml in 20 liters.
Anybody having some personal experience?
Old 15th February 2017, 09:56   #10044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrikhav View Post
Can anyone tell me the dilution ratio of proklear extreme cx for RINSELESS wash? Asked them on their website and advised 15 ml in 20 liters.
Anybody having some personal experience?
i normally put 10 ml for a bucketfull (20 Ltrs). It doesnt leave any soapy layer behind.

To the gurus in the forum - is there a shelf life after a wax bottle is opened? reason being i bought a 3M car wax. used it in September 2016. Last 6 months, i couldt do a detailing and hence tried on this past sunday. It really behaved funny. Powdery, white lines being left behind inspite of repeated buffing, patches on the doors. Does it need to be finished in like 1 - 2months after being opened?
Old 15th February 2017, 12:49   #10045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
To the gurus in the forum - is there a shelf life after a wax bottle is opened? reason being i bought a 3M car wax. used it in September 2016. Last 6 months, i couldt do a detailing and hence tried on this past sunday. It really behaved funny. Powdery, white lines being left behind inspite of repeated buffing, patches on the doors. Does it need to be finished in like 1 - 2months after being opened?
I have used Meguiar's wax that was years old (about 4-5 IIRC) without any issues.

The wax bottle/tin must be shut tight or the solvents in the wax will dry up. Also ensure you store the product in a cool dry place. Heat is detrimental in most cases.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 10:48   #10046
BHPian

Quote:
i normally put 10 ml for a bucketfull (20 Ltrs). It doesnt leave any soapy layer behind.

Do one thing to avoid those streaks.

Use soft sponge available in hardware store for cleaning tiles as buff. Make it wet before lifting the wax from tub. This way you will have water as lubricant to disperse wax on the paint surface. It will also mean less effort and even coat.

After use store it in Dark, Cool spot. Better to keep it in cupboards that are far away from kids and sun. Also, if it dries fast try adding one or two drops of Coconut oil on top of the wax layer in tub and rub it evenly on that surface before closing and storing. Worked like charm for me in my Collinite waxes.
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 09:30   #10047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
This way you will have water as lubricant to disperse wax on the paint surface.
Interesting view point. I always avoid water because it caused more harm than favor. Thats the reason why the car should be bone dry after a shampoo wash before application of wax. I always found it difficult to polish/buff when there was moisture along with wax. My two cents.

The coconut oil trick - will definitely try. Thanks!
Old 21st February 2017, 10:59   #10048
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting view point. I always avoid water because it caused more harm than favor. Thats the reason why the car should be bone dry after a shampoo wash before application of wax. I always found it difficult to polish/buff when there was moisture along with wax. My two cents.

The coconut oil trick - will definitely try. Thanks!
I live in a spot where ground water is hard and since its 5th year that we are facing drought I am using recycled SBR (Sequence Batch Reactor) water from our local water treatment plant to wash my car. In any case, both are hard water and leave behind beautiful water marks.

To avoid this predicament, I do one round of wipe of excess water and then immediately either use liquid wax or hard wax on wet sponge on slightly wet surface and allow it to dry naturally.

Why I said this ?

This way I solved the water spot marks and got the wax rubbed on surface in one go and streak marks from lumps of wax from bottle or tub does not cling to surface since its already wet. Saves time and most importantly effort. Lot less effort to disperse it on the surface. After it dries, I use one round of muslin (read old Rupa banian) cloth and wipe down entire body. For glass I have the glass cleaner liquid in separate spray bottle so I use that to clean them.

So, I don't wait for the car to go bone dry for waxing, but use the drying time to my advantage by starting the application process.

I agree with your bone dry for waxes thought, those were for yesteryear stars like Waxpol hard wax. They just will not gel with wet surface.
Old 9th March 2017, 12:17   #10049
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good liquid wax? I earlier purchased a 100ml bottle of 3M Premium Liquid Wax and it works well (especially with using an applicator pad). One bottle has lasted around 4 waxes for my A-Star. I wax every couple of months. In between, I touch up after the weekly wash with Formula 1 Premium Spray Wax.

I initially thought of getting the Formula 1 Carnauba Paste Wax, but realised that it might be too much effort, especially with manual application and buffing. I might get the 3M Auto Speciality Liquid Wax (200ml bottle), but I don't know if it's similar to the 100ml wax (pictures attached).

I also need to get a new bottle of touch up wax, and am thinking of getting Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax, which costs twice as much as the Formula 1 Spray Wax (Rs. 995 vs Rs. 443). Is it worth it. I want a spray wax with a bit more shine.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-41ltdei97cl.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 9th March 2017, 13:23   #10050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Can anyone recommend a good liquid wax?
Not a wax but a sealant - you may try the Gtechniq c1.5 silo seal.
Very easy to use, small quantities required and quite long lasting.

Or else you can also try Collinite 845 - this is more of a hybrid wax.

I have used both personally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks