Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 13:37   #991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Where do you get this product in Bangalore. I see no price indicated by the manufacturer on the website. Can anyone put in a price list for the products displayed.
I bought them locally for Rs.75 to Rs.150 depending on size.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:00   #992
Team-BHP Support

A new car/bike/auto wash opened opposite the entrance to Chacha Nehru park, Hyderabad.

Its a simple power wash routine. High pressure air is used to clean the carpets. High pressure water to clean the car body and engine bay.

Charges 150 for my Wagon R.

I live quite close to this place, and will apply wax later, if needed.

They do a decent job.
I am thinking I will take my own Car Shampoo the next time, I get my car/bike washed here.
Old 17th August 2009, 19:01   #993
Senior - BHPian

here are some pics after the waxing..

i have to say here that there was more light when i clicked the "after pics" - so that to a good extent glorifies the wax job.

the scratches i showed above however have not gone. in fact I would NOT RECOMMEND THE FORMULA SCRATCH OUT PRODUCT to anyone - the pack says its a convenient liquid rubbing compound which is safe on clear coat. But it did nothing to the scratches

coming to think of it - HOW CAN SOMETHING THATS SAFE ON THE CLEAR COAT REMOVE SCRATCHES ??
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_1762.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_1763.jpg  

Old 17th August 2009, 19:48   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
the scratches i showed above however have not gone. But it did nothing to the scratches

coming to think of it - HOW CAN SOMETHING THATS SAFE ON THE CLEAR COAT REMOVE SCRATCHES ??
Though I may be wrong, the scratches would be beyond the clear coat and hence not much further damage can be done by a mild rubbing compound. I am pretty sure that the mild scratches can very easily be removed by "3M Finesse-it", though it is better done by an experienced person so that the rubbing will be uniform.
Old 17th August 2009, 20:42   #995
BHPian

Quote:
here are some pics after the waxing..
Congratulations. That's a pretty neat job.

Quote:
By evening out the surface around the scratch. I am referring to the microfine scratches. Deeper scratches need stronger abrasives like rubbing compounds. They may be clear coat safe as well depending on how much you rub them.
Old 17th August 2009, 22:24   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A new car/bike/auto wash opened opposite the entrance to Chacha Nehru park, Hyderabad.
Where is this chacha park? Directions Pls !
Old 18th August 2009, 12:13   #997
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Where is this chacha park? Directions Pls !
As soon as you enter Banjara Hills Road Number 1 from the Masab Tank flyover side, take the immediate left.

The Hotel Taj Mahal (Pure Veg, You can ignore) and Cafe 555 (nice Haleem available here during Ramzan) will be on your RHS.
Continue straight for about 150 metres. There is a fork to the right.
There is a flag mast in the middle of the road.
Take that right.
Another 150 meters away is the entrance to the Sir Abid Ali Pavilion and then Chacha Nehru Park. This car wash is on the RHS after the Park entrance.
Old 18th August 2009, 12:31   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Bblost, will give them a try sometime
Old 19th August 2009, 21:11   #999
BANNED

I have just bought some wuth silicone spray, to use on the exterior claddings and other plastics on my Safari, I took my car to a Carz Spaz franchise a couple of months back, they done a reasonable job on the bodywork, but theys wanted to finish there, i asked them to put some dressing on the claddings and they obliged. I think they put some waxpol inerior product on. This looked nice for 2 days, since then there is an ugly white oily/waxy residue left on the plastics, how do I remove these before I dress the plastics with silicone spray, would a diesel wash be a good idea?

Also has anyone used the wurth silicone spray, if so whats your opinion on the product?

I have also purchased some Abelauto liquid wax as my autoglym stuff is almost over, anyone have an opinion on this?

Cheers,

Stefan
Old 19th August 2009, 22:56   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Guys i have a friend coming down from the USA,
I'm looking for the best wax/polish, Which is the best product out there? How about the turtle wax ice series? I have a black car, should i buy Turtle Wax - Black Box? Or anything else? Please suggest, Budget: 2k.
I'm also looking for a chamois cloth, Has anyone tried Turtle wax miracle towel?

please go through these sites and suggest me a good product.
Turtle Wax - Home
Car Care Products: Car Waxes to Leather Cleaners, Meguiar's the Leader in Car and Surface Care since 1901

Thanks
Could someone please answer my query
Old 19th August 2009, 23:05   #1001
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Could someone please answer my query

There's not much between Turtle wax ice and meguires, personally I would go for the turtle wax ice, have used it a while back excellent products.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:34   #1002
BHPian

I found an excellent video on Google as to how to wash a car. Willing to share it with all of you in here. I hope posting such URLs and videos do not violate the forum policies. Also, not sure if this has been posted already.

How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar style!)
Old 20th August 2009, 16:59   #1003
BANNED

Excellent video, very similar to how I wash my ride, kudos to the guy he can wash the with only one leg and not get soaked, I always get quite drenched when I wash my ride. Definatly the best method to avoid scratching and swirl marks, will have to make a homemade grit guard now.
Old 21st August 2009, 20:58   #1004
BANNED

Ok today I washed my car for the first time in 3 weeks and after several long journeys bombay-pune and back and bombay goa, the car was distgusting, so with the help of my watchman we began our chak-a-chak-athon, the wheels and wheel arches took the longest all the time I was explaning the process in extremely broken hindhi(I don't speak hindhi as i was born and grew up abroad from mixed parents, have been living here since september '08) so now it's all in the training, once the watchman has learnt, I will start paying him, I feel 400 bucks a month should be more than enough for twice a week and one vehicle only. Anyway after washing and drying without swirl marks, I decide it's time to start trying my new products from bombay, it's getting dark so I could only try one which was Abelauto liquid wax, this is made by the french arm of turtle wax, as I have been previously using autoglym extra gloss sealant, I wasn't expecting too much, so I left Mr Watchman to do the silicone spray on the cladding, I proceeded to try this new product, easy on easy off just like autoglym, but only 5 mins waiting time for buffing, compared to 30mins to 1hr for autoglym, job done in less than 25mins, excellent results, mirror like finish, I was stunned and shocked, Mr Watchman was equally impressed, although ot was dark when I finished, the gloss was something else, didn't get to do the roof as yet, will finish in the morning, when we have to detail the rest of the exterior and do the interior. Initial rating for the product is 10/10, will take some snaps tomorrow and post, will also keep an update on the durability of the finish, though i generally put sealant or wax once a month, if I feel energetic i will put a second coat
Old 23rd August 2009, 13:11   #1005
BANNED

Here's the pictures after waxing with the abelauto liquid wax, there's a little smearing on the bonnet this because it began drizzling as i was taking the snaps and wiped it, 10 mins later we had a heavy downpour and the water was beading extremely well, the product is much better than i had expected, next test id durability, i usually wax every 4-6 weeks, time will tell though i'm pretty sure it will pass my test.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p1220073.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p1220074.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p1220075.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p1220076.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p1220078.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p1220079.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p1220080.jpg  

Last edited by stefanm : 23rd August 2009 at 13:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks