Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 16:07   #9751
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I would be happy to save some energy on the washing part, and invest it in the waxing part
Washing & drying is a mandatory condition before applying wax. Please ensure under grilles, fuel lid spaces, logo corners are also dry. It is worth the effort you put in
Reason being, i got a little impatient after my last wash/wax session. Applied wax before the car was totally dry and am driving around an apparition currently. Slight drops of water from below the door beads, fuel lid crevice was the cause of this. Would need to repeat the wash/wax soon.
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 04:29   #9752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You car must be clean before you wax.
The gurus would never wax without washing (and drying, of course).
Not only a thorough washing, claying the car is also important before waxing especially if its not done for a long time. Its all in the prep !

Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 04:44   #9753
BHPian

Upgraded to Ultima Waterless Wash Plus from Proklear Waterless Wash, 2 weeks back. You have to use it to believe the difference, the slickness is unparalleled, Jopasu glides with way less effort and dust is not even sticking for the first 2 days. Waterless wash frequency has been cut in half to once a week.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Ultima-Waterl.../271949704596?

Also could other Proklear WW users confirm if they too have minor water-spot type etchings on the bonnet of their cars?
Old 22nd May 2016, 03:59   #9754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Upgraded to Ultima Waterless Wash Plus from Proklear Waterless Wash, 2 weeks back. You have to use it to believe the difference, the slickness is unparalleled, Jopasu glides with way less effort and dust is not even sticking for the first 2 days. Waterless wash frequency has been cut in half to once a week.

Also could other Proklear WW users confirm if they too have minor water-spot type etchings on the bonnet of their cars?
No idea about proklear, but after researching a bit on ON and utlima i bought Ultima along with meguiars ultimate quik wax and its simply amazing, ultima that is, not quik wax.

I use it daily to spot clean bird droppings after running the jopasu on the cars surface.

Happy to report it provides decent water beading and after a few uses the bird poop also seems to stick less to the surface.

Quik wax is what i use once every 10 days, but im not very impressed with it.

Ultima gets my vote a 100% and if you want to save some money pick it up from here

http://www.autofresh.in/ultima/ultim...20-38528711859

When i bought it, it was 1650, but prices seem to have gone up by about 200 bucks

Disclaimer, i am not affilated with the site whose link i provided in any way
Old 22nd May 2016, 12:57   #9755
Senior - BHPian

I have bought Ultima Elastrofoam for claying my car but in some reviews Ive read that it can cause minor scratches in the paint. Will those scratches go away by hand polishing or theyll only go away by machine polishing?
Old 22nd May 2016, 17:16   #9756

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post

Which proklear product you were using?
Raw, xtreme, or xtreme cx?
I haven't used any of proklear waterless wash products but thinking of giving try.
At present very satisfied user of ultima waterless wash.
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:04   #9757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Not only a thorough washing, claying the car is also important before waxing especially if its not done for a long time. Its all in the prep !
I did read about claying but never tried it as there were lot of warnings about getting the body scratched if the clay bar is not properly lubricated and you do not knead the bar at regular intervals. So never got around to actually trying it. Perhaps I should give it a try on some less noticeable panel.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:12   #9758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
A quick question to all the detailing gurus here. Is is necessary to wash the car just before waxing.

The car in question is an XUV500, and I would be happy to save some energy on the washing part, and invest it in the waxing part
Would like to add to the advice not to wax without waxing. In addition to the fact that you are gonna scratch your car, waxing with the microscopic dust particles still on. The waxing also cools down the panels which helps the waxing process. Also the slight dampness aids a more even and thinner spread of the wax compound.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 22nd May 2016, 21:13   #9759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrikhav View Post
Which proklear product you were using?
Raw, xtreme, or xtreme cx?
I haven't used any of proklear waterless wash products but thinking of giving try.
At present very satisfied user of ultima waterless wash.
Had been using RAW Xtreme, went through almost two bottles in 6 months. Had to always QD after the WW for the effortless Jopasu glide. Not anymore with the Ultima, it's a far better product.

You could try the CX.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:40   #9760
BHPian

Car refuses to start, after a wash

So I washed & waxed the car over the weekend (using the 2 bucket method).
As much as I'm delighted to see the car squeaky clean & smooth now, it refuses to start. Is this normal?
Upon ignition, the car just makes a consistent sound of it trying to start, but doesn't.

Any troubleshooting tips?

PS: Its a Hyundai Grand i10, equipped with the Start-Stop button.
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:00   #9761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
So I washed & waxed the car over the weekend (using the 2 bucket method).
As much as I'm delighted to see the car squeaky clean & smooth now, it refuses to start. Is this normal?
Upon ignition, the car just makes a consistent sound of it trying to start, but doesn't.

Any troubleshooting tips?

PS: Its a Hyundai Grand i10, equipped with the Start-Stop button.
Don't think this as a cause of wash. How much it has run and how old the car is? Based on the life of the battery just check if it needs a replacement.
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:19   #9762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Don't think this as a cause of wash. How much it has run and how old the car is? Based on the life of the battery just check if it needs a replacement.
Well, it just 1700Kms & 5 months old.

I had moved the car around in the parking area before the wash was done there. And after the wash & wax session (lasting about 5 hours), it refused to start.
I can only think of the wash as being the reason for the ingition behaviour. Could it have played with the electricals in any way?

The dashboard console & the ICE light up & work just fine, while the ignition is the only visible issue.
So the battery should be fine, right?
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:33   #9763
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it just 1700Kms & 5 months old.

I had moved the car around in the parking area before the wash was done there. And after the wash & wax session (lasting about 5 hours), it refused to start.
I can only think of the wash as being the reason for the ingition behaviour. Could it have played with the electricals in any way?

The dashboard console & the ICE light up & work just fine, while the ignition is the only visible issue.
Did you by any chance wash the engine bay with water slashing on the parts without covering the inlet / outlet openings?
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:22   #9764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Did you by any chance wash the engine bay with water slashing on the parts without covering the inlet / outlet openings?
The bonnet was shut throughout the washing process, and limited water was used.

Assuming water has somehow entered the engine bay, could you suggest me what needs to be checked?
I'm not very well versed with the technicalities, so a brief description would be helpful.
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:28   #9765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

In the 5 hours, was the key in the ignition? Were you listening to music? Was the key in the ACC mode?

5 hours with the key in ignition in ACC or ON mode will surely drain the battery.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks