Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 12:33   #961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Where will you get turtle wax color magic car polish? i've been trying in mumbai but could not get it.

another point is - it contains polish & hence it may remove few microns of clear coat. it also contains color dyes & am sure that color dye won't match with the exact color of the car (unless its pure white or pure black). Will it harm the car paint then ?

"
it contains polish & hence it may remove few microns of clear coat"
I downloaded the turtle wax pricelist, The main distributer is The professional car care center Mumbai Ph.6730312, I doubt if they sell a single piece.Are you sure it cuts through the paint?

Download the file here:
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

P.S- I have a Black car
Old 7th August 2009, 12:42   #962
BANNED

TPC3 website is not operational now, hence am not sure if its operational
Old 7th August 2009, 14:12   #963
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
After applying Liquid/hard Wax, ater how much time should I buff it off ?
Just wait till it dries to a haze and then you can wipe it off. Remember to wax the car only in the shade.

Sometimes, it takes 10 mins if the weather is warm and sunny but it could also take 30 mins if its cold and damp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
How much wold a professional swirl mark remover cost? What is the procedure and how does it work?
There are a few professional detailers here in Bangalore. One is near the Indiranagar RTO (3M i think). You can also check with our moderator theMAG as he got his black swift polished and debadged recently with stunning results.

You can check his LTO report and you should find the dealer mentioned there.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:15   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Where will you get turtle wax color magic car polish? i've been trying in mumbai but could not get it.

another point is - it contains polish & hence it may remove few microns of clear coat. it also contains color dyes & am sure that color dye won't match with the exact color of the car (unless its pure white or pure black). Will it harm the car paint then ?

try contacting their official distributors no given below.

India
Company: Technical Parts Company Pvt. Ltd.
Address: 209, Lal Bunglow
Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500016
Andhra Pradesh, India
Tel: 91 40 2341004/55 66 02 42
Fax: 91 40 2340 3703
Email: tpcind@satyam.net.in

Company: CK Marketing Company
Address: 37A, Rakhaldas Addy Road
Calcutta - 700 027
Tel: 91 33 479 4162
Fax: 91 33 479 7928
Email: escco@cal.vsnl.net.in
Old 8th August 2009, 01:39   #965
BANNED

thanks, leaff00t

earlier I tried to call rajesh manchanda on his mobile no. (that was the only no. available) but it was not operational

will try below numbers
Old 9th August 2009, 11:38   #966
BHPian

@VahanPujari: Were you able to call them, i tried calling them but it didn't work. Could some one from mumbai ship me the turtle black wax polish? and a swirl remover?
Where can i find them in bangalore?
Old 9th August 2009, 15:07   #967
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
akshay,

You can check in any of the SPAR outlets as they have the entire range of Turtle Wax products with them. I picked up a few of them a couple of months back and they are all indeed genuine products.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 9th August 2009, 16:20   #968
BHPian

Quote:
@VahanPujari: Were you able to call them, i tried calling them but it didn't work. Could some one from mumbai ship me the turtle black wax polish? and a swirl remover?
AFAIK Turtle Wax have discontinued their India operations. So whatever products you see in the market are the last ones.

For Wax - If you are interested in natural Wax, Carnauba wax is your best option - Waxpol and Turtle Wax (Platinum Series, if you can get one. Even their website doesn't has platinum series anymore).

For Swirl Remover - I am also looking for some good swirl remover. Most of the swirl removing products in the market are abrasive. I saw an advertisement where 3M advertised that their swirl remover is equivalent to sanding with 1500 grit sandpaper. I was talking to a 3M detailer on how to get rid of the swirl marks and he too said that generally they use 2000 grit sand paper. IMO a professional detailer is your best bet and then you can look forward to maintaining it swirl free. Meguiar has a product SwirlX which is non abrasive but I am not sure if it's available in India and how effective it would be. If you are able to get something interesting on this, please do share on this thread.

P.S.: If you are interested in buying Turtle Wax Carbauba Wax (Platinum Series), I have seen a couple of them at Evo in Indiranagar.

Last edited by akbaree : 9th August 2009 at 16:23.
Old 9th August 2009, 17:19   #969
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
AFAIK Turtle Wax have discontinued their India operations. So whatever products you see in the market are the last ones. P.S.: If you are interested in buying Turtle Wax Carbauba Wax (Platinum Series), I have seen a couple of them at Evo in Indiranagar.
akbaree,

Thanks for your inputs. Just curious, if they are still available at EVO, how does he manage to get them? Is it a direct import? The one's at SPAR were direct imports with the importer being in Mumbai, so I think they should be available at SPAR as well, right?

I'm worried now as I'm almost running out of my stock.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 9th August 2009, 17:20   #970
BHPian

will be going to relience autozone gurgaon in a week. which is the best non abarasive wax i can buy there?????
Old 9th August 2009, 17:37   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
akbaree,

Thanks for your inputs. Just curious, if they are still available at EVO, how does he manage to get them? Is it a direct import? The one's at SPAR were direct imports with the importer being in Mumbai, so I think they should be available at SPAR as well, right?

I'm worried now as I'm almost running out of my stock.

Cheers,
gpa
The ones at Evo are from the Indian distributor. He has old stock (November 2008 import). If you interested in buying natural Carnauba wax, old stock is your best bet. The Turtle Wax website no longer carries that series. I would assume that after they launched the F21 and Ice series, they are no longer interested in Platinum series. The only issue I have is that the newer series have only polymer based synthetic wax products. These products are generally clean & shine protectants and not pure wax products. If you are someone who waxes regularly, you would prefer pure wax. I may be wrong though.

I would have completely missed the direct import possibility. The direct imports should be available as far as they keep importing.
Old 9th August 2009, 19:29   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
AFAIK Turtle Wax have discontinued their India operations. So whatever products you see in the market are the last ones.
As I'd mentioned earlier, Turtle Wax has started to appear in shops here. I had posted a pic somewhere with the importer's helpline number. Call them to ask where its available in your city.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:00   #973
BHPian

Well, Turtle wax seems to have become impossible to find in Blr. I finished my last can of Turtle on Sunday.
Spoke to Sanjit at autogrid today. He is expecting a stock of Meguiars shortly. In any case, I waxed my car a few days back, so I can afford to wait a bit. Would have liked to put on a second coat though.
Old 12th August 2009, 00:13   #974
BHPian

All these numbers/emails don't work.
I also went personally to this address. Unfortunately, the place got burned down in a fire accident last year.
No clue if they are still operating in hyd or shifted to a new address

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
try contacting their official distributors no given below.

India
Company: Technical Parts Company Pvt. Ltd.
Address: 209, Lal Bunglow
Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500016
Andhra Pradesh, India
Tel: 91 40 2341004/55 66 02 42
Fax: 91 40 2340 3703
Email: tpcind@satyam.net.in
Old 13th August 2009, 20:44   #975
BHPian

Guys i have a friend coming down from the USA,
I'm looking for the best wax/polish, Which is the best product out there? How about the turtle wax ice series? I have a black car, should i buy Turtle Wax - Black Box? Or anything else? Please suggest, Budget: 2k.
I'm also looking for a chamois cloth, Has anyone tried Turtle wax miracle towel?

please go through these sites and suggest me a good product.
Turtle Wax - Home
Car Care Products: Car Waxes to Leather Cleaners, Meguiar's the Leader in Car and Surface Care since 1901

Thanks

Last edited by akshay_b : 13th August 2009 at 20:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks