Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 14:38   #946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
wurst or weurth???
if it's wurst - then as the name suggests - keep away. I mean who would name their product as 'wurst'. It reminds me of the Gaylords of meet the fokkers
. I am not sure. Does wurst not mean some kind of sausage? May be it was Wurth. I will check again today. But it was an import from Germany. They had many car care products from this brand.
Old 16th July 2009, 15:20   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
. I am not sure. Does wurst not mean some kind of sausage? May be it was Wurth. I will check again today. But it was an import from Germany. They had many car care products from this brand.
Sausage - why will somebody name their car cleaning cloth on a sausage!!!! maybe it was weurth - it is a well known brand from germany... for this purpose maybe you can try finding a microfiber cloth. 3M's costs abt 169 last time I checked.
Old 16th July 2009, 15:41   #948
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do we have to apply the wax polish in totally dust free conditions?
In the real world, this is not possible. So ideally, you should apply it after you wash your car.

Quote:
They also offered me a new type of cloth. The brand is "wurst" I think, and it can be used to wipe even the dry dust from the body and windshield. Guaranteed not to leave a single scratch. The price is Rs 1285.00 per piece and since they did not have a demo piece, I did not buy it. Any BHPians using this product? That it can be used in a dry state is very tempting for me.
Would not recommend any dry cleaning cloth to wipe off dust. You will end up with swirl marks and inumerable scratches.
Old 16th July 2009, 15:46   #949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have used formula 1 and formula1 Gold for past 5 years. have also used eagle1 carnauba wax. both are extremely good. then give a very nice and durable coat on the paint.
but its hard to get a original formula1 in pune these days. searched hard and finally settled for MOTOMAX. but didnt find it as impressive as f1.

how is turtle wax as compared to F1. whats the cost?
Continuing from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-polish-3.html

F1 carnuba wax is good, but it is abrasive and so not good for regular use. Turtle Wax (the variety available in that shop) is safe. I have not used it myself yet (will finish my existing polish before I buy it) but whoever I know who has used them both say Turtle is the better one.

Cost on the importer's label on the tin was around Rs. 250.
Old 2nd August 2009, 00:47   #950
BANNED

There are quite a few contrasting opinions on usage of Micro-fibre & Chamois. I've purchased both & intend to use tom being sunday.

Can somebody explain exact specific applications of both - micro-fibre cloth & Chamois cloth - separately. I think stepwise process will clarify.

What little I understood is chamois is used only for drying & not for wash clean. Is this true? if so, how to use it? And what about micro fibre cloth?
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:28   #951
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Can somebody explain exact specific applications of both - micro-fibre cloth & Chamois cloth - separately. I think stepwise process will clarify.

What little I understood is chamois is used only for drying & not for wash clean. Is this true? if so, how to use it? And what about micro fibre cloth?
Amit,

I have been using a micro-fibre clothe for my vehicles since the past 3 years. You use it as a wash mitt to wash the vehicle or if you are washing with a sponge and shampoo, then you can use it to dry off the excess water.

The ones I have (sourced from the US) are still good today. Chamois, is (AFAIK) usually used to buff the car when you polish it. However, I use a micro-fibre cloth to buff my vehicles.

Hope this helps :-)

Cheers,
gpa
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:23   #952
Senior - BHPian

Chamois, when dry, can be used to buff/polish your car. If you wet it first, it is an incredible drying material. You should not use it as a wash mitt.
Old 6th August 2009, 13:45   #953
BHPian

Need new stuff!

Hi people,

My black bonnet has got a lot of swirl marks, Thanks to my drives who uses all his energy to wipe clean the car

I'm looking for a swirl mark remover product, Which is the best one out there? Do i get the brand-new-bonnet effect? Any other ways to remove swirl marks?

Also, My Formula 1 canubura wax is almost over and i was pretty satisfied with the results, Please suggest me a better one, How about meguiars, Turtle wax super hard shell from rediff? Or any other?

Suggest me a good tire shiner and a chamois too.

Thank you

Last edited by akshay_b : 6th August 2009 at 13:49.
Old 6th August 2009, 14:57   #954
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Hi people,

My black bonnet has got a lot of swirl marks, Thanks to my drives who uses all his energy to wipe clean the car

I'm looking for a swirl mark remover product, Which is the best one out there? Do i get the brand-new-bonnet effect? Any other ways to remove swirl marks?

Also, My Formula 1 canubura wax is almost over and i was pretty satisfied with the results, Please suggest me a better one, How about meguiars, Turtle wax super hard shell from rediff? Or any other?

Suggest me a good tire shiner and a chamois too.
Swirl marks can be removed with a good polish. If you are satisfied with Formula 1, why not stick to the brand? Else, you can swtich to 3M liquid wax polish and the results are equaly good.

Ask your driver to restain himself from using excessive pressure and stop rubbing the car with the cloth. Swirl marks are common on black cars, but the gloss and sheen if maintained well is unparalled.

You can also use a micro-fibre cloth to wipe the car as it will not scratch the finish and leave you with all those swirl marks.

If you are willing to spend a little more, you can visit a detailing centre and get those marks professionally removed.

As for the tyre shiner, the cheapest and rather effective option as discussed a few pages back is shoe polish

Hope these tips help.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 6th August 2009, 15:48   #955
BHPian

Quote:
The seller for Turtle Wax is Ojjas on rediff - some of our fellow members have had a bad experience with them - more details on the following thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-shopping.html
Old 6th August 2009, 21:17   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Swirl marks can be removed with a good polish. If you are satisfied with Formula 1, why not stick to the brand? Else, you can swtich to 3M liquid wax polish and the results are equaly good.

Ask your driver to restain himself from using excessive pressure and stop rubbing the car with the cloth. Swirl marks are common on black cars, but the gloss and sheen if maintained well is unparalled.

You can also use a micro-fibre cloth to wipe the car as it will not scratch the finish and leave you with all those swirl marks.

If you are willing to spend a little more, you can visit a detailing centre and get those marks professionally removed.

As for the tyre shiner, the cheapest and rather effective option as discussed a few pages back is shoe polish

Hope these tips help.

Cheers,
gpa
I agree the wax hides most of the swirl marks, But when it rains everything is washed off and the swirl marks are visible. When the car is parked under a strong sodium street light, The marks are even more prominent, Its worse than having my whole body scratched by a cat :(

How much wold a professional swirl mark remover cost? What is the procedure and how does it work?

I'll try the shoe polish! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
The seller for Turtle Wax is Ojjas on rediff - some of our fellow members have had a bad experience with them - more details on the following thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-shopping.html
Hmmm, I'd rather go wax hunting in Bnagalore! Any other wax better than f1? meguiars or should i search for turtle wax?
Old 6th August 2009, 21:25   #957
BHPian

Quote:

Hmmm, I'd rather go wax hunting in Bnagalore! Any other wax better than f1? meguiars or should i search for turtle wax?
F1 is really good if genuine. Bought one more today.
Old 6th August 2009, 21:52   #958
BHPian

Which product?

Guys,
I found this color magic car polish which apparently can remove swirl marks "Turtle Wax® Color Magic is an advanced blend of polish, dyes and pigments fill in light scratches and swirl marks."

Turtle Wax - Color Magic Car Polish

Should i buy this or stick to a regular canubura wax? Please help me choose a product which can remove swirl marks as well as polish and protect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
F1 is really good if genuine. Bought one more today.
I've been buying car care products from Metro Bangalore, The tin jar has the importer's sticker and price in INR. Which i believe is 100% genuine.
akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2009, 10:53   #959
BANNED

After applying Liquid/hard Wax, ater how much time should I buff it off ?

Is 10-15 mins enough ?
Old 7th August 2009, 11:08   #960
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,
I found this color magic car polish which apparently can remove swirl marks "Turtle Wax® Color Magic is an advanced blend of polish, dyes and pigments fill in light scratches and swirl marks."

Turtle Wax - Color Magic Car Polish

Should i buy this or stick to a regular canubura wax? Please help me choose a product which can remove swirl marks as well as polish and protect.
Where will you get turtle wax color magic car polish? i've been trying in mumbai but could not get it.

another point is - it contains polish & hence it may remove few microns of clear coat. it also contains color dyes & am sure that color dye won't match with the exact color of the car (unless its pure white or pure black). Will it harm the car paint then ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks