Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2015, 04:47   #9496
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Don't go for an opticoat. MaxProtect is a better solution.
I am also thinking of getting a VFM coating for my truck within next few months. I am a novice, hence asking - any reason why you mentioned Maxprotect is a better solution?
Old 21st November 2015, 09:33   #9497
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys what coating should I be looking at for the BMWs? I want to pick up something like Opti Coat or equivalent. What are your suggestions? Will get it applied by my detailer the next time they come over to do the cars.

Not looking at spending a huge amount, but do suggest some product of good quality.
Opticoat and others required specialized application. Not just any detailer can apply it. Especially if they don't have experience with coatings.

If you want a simpler one try Ultima Paint Guard Plus. This is more easier to apply. Am planning to get this from USA next month.
Old 21st November 2015, 14:25   #9498
BHPian

A question for fellow members. I have been trying to get my hands on Ultima Elastrofoam but havent been able to find a source. The bringingbest website shows it as 'out of stock' & I am not aware of any other source. Is there any other website or online store which is selling the Ultima Elastrofoam?

Thanks in advance
Old 21st November 2015, 14:28   #9499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
A question for fellow members. I have been trying to get my hands on Ultima Elastrofoam but havent been able to find a source. The bringingbest website shows it as 'out of stock' & I am not aware of any other source. Is there any other website or online store which is selling the Ultima Elastrofoam?

Thanks in advance
Last I checked, Ultimate Detailerz ( kmoh here in the forum), had few in stock. You can PM and see if its still available.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 17:43   #9500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I am also thinking of getting a VFM coating for my truck within next few months. I am a novice, hence asking - any reason why you mentioned Maxprotect is a better solution?
MaxProtect is a VFM coat, and in our weather stays for a good time.
Opticoat isn't a standard detailers job.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 21:12   #9501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
MaxProtect is a VFM coat, and in our weather stays for a good time.
Opticoat isn't a standard detailers job.
Any idea who stocks this in India? Or is getting them from UK is the only option.
Old 21st November 2015, 22:44   #9502
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea who stocks this in India? Or is getting them from UK is the only option.
You can contact Notorious on the forum or search for Dazzle On Facebook.
Old 22nd November 2015, 20:42   #9503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Opticoat and others required specialized application. Not just any detailer can apply it. Especially if they don't have experience with coatings.

If you want a simpler one try Ultima Paint Guard Plus. This is more easier to apply. Am planning to get this from USA next month.

FYI , Ultima paint guard plus is available in India. Check out on eBay India .
Old 26th November 2015, 19:41   #9504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Last I checked, Ultimate Detailerz ( kmoh here in the forum), had few in stock. You can PM and see if its still available.
thank you! Could not find the said member. Maybe he has a different handle. Any idea how is the CarPro Polyshave clay foam block compared to the Elastrofoam?
Old 26th November 2015, 22:59   #9505
BHPian

My truck has been braving the relentless Chennai rains from past (seems like endless ) 2+ weeks. Since we had water in our basement, had to park outside.

I noticed that the car has blackish film type layer over the Pearl White color. This is not mud or dust which you can blow or wipe out. If you run your finger with a little press it will come out and feel greasy. And this layer is all over the car.

Although the rains are still beating down - i decided to give a quick shampoo wash to clean at least the body parts. Since my BH Auto Wash is still on the way, used the Sonax Gloss Shampoo and used warm water to lather up using a Megs Wash Mitt. To my astonishment, it was quite difficult to take the film away. I pumped up the dilution ratio, that helped but not fully. It was 90% out and some dark patches still remain. I stopped there, since i was already tired and panting drying the truck down. Also didnt want to instil swirls

Question: My truck had Klasse AIO + Klasse SG applied exactly 3 months back and topped with Collinite 845. Post that only 1 shampoo wash and 4-5 rinseless using ONR. In the current scenario i can think of 4 options;

1. Wash using BH Auto Wash + adding APC (i have Auto Finesse Verso) - if this is best option how much of APC should i use in 5 litre of shampoo water?
2. Clay - i have both traditional clay (Mothers) and Optimum Opti Eraser Fine Grade - which one will be better option?
3. Use Klasse AIO in traditional application
4. Use Klasse AIO with BH Auto Wash - what ratio?

Awaiting expert comments from gurus.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 26th November 2015 at 23:02.
Old 27th November 2015, 10:05   #9506
BHPian

Quote:
My truck has been braving the relentless Chennai rains from past (seems like endless ) 2+ weeks. Since we had water in our basement, had to park outside.

I noticed that the car has blackish film type layer over the Pearl White color. This is not mud or dust which you can blow or wipe out. If you run your finger with a little press it will come out and feel greasy. And this layer is all over the car.
Did you you drive the truck? In my opinion the a greyish black greasy layer on top of car paint is called road film. It can come due to two reasons
1. because of the soot / oil muck thrown by the car thats driving in front of you in rain.
2. The diesel exhaust smoke goes up and comes down as sooty-greasy layer when it rains. This settles on top of static objects.

Usually the recommended solution is to wash it with any AIO - All in One solution. But care should be taken to wipe our corners and small crevices (like wiper nozzles, bends of rearview mirrors etc). This is because the oil/grease would float on top of water and would settle itself in these places even when washed with AIO.
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 13:25   #9507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Add some APC to the car wash bucket(1:10 ratio) and wash. Has helped me once to remove a similar kind of black greasy layer on the paint.

Last edited by GTO : 30th November 2015 at 10:08. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 18:46   #9508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Did you you drive the truck? In my opinion the a greyish black greasy layer on top of car paint is called road film. It can come due to two reasons
1. because of the soot / oil muck thrown by the car thats driving in front of you in rain.
2. The diesel exhaust smoke goes up and comes down as sooty-greasy layer when it rains. This settles on top of static objects.

Usually the recommended solution is to wash it with any AIO - All in One solution. But care should be taken to wipe our corners and small crevices (like wiper nozzles, bends of rearview mirrors etc). This is because the oil/grease would float on top of water and would settle itself in these places even when washed with AIO.
Yes the car was driven before the rains started, but was parked in the open during the 10-11 days of rains. By AIO you mean a APC or the Klasse AIO or something similar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Add some APC to the car wash bucket(1:10 ratio) and wash. Has helped me once to remove a similar kind of black greasy layer on the paint.
you are suggesting only water + APC in 1:10 or adding some shampoo as well
Old 28th November 2015, 12:40   #9509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
you are suggesting only water + APC in 1:10 or adding some shampoo as well
Shampoo + APC + Water
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 07:20   #9510
BHPian

Hi,

I would request any expert advise on how to keep car safe in snow, especially when there is salt on the road most of the time. Beyond washing car regularly, what else would be the recommendations?

Appreciate any inputs.

Himanshu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks