Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2015, 10:50   #9166
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
detailing packages by authorised service centers. They don't follow the exact paint correction steps..
Leave the paint correction procedure, they dont even know how to wash a car w/o creating any scratches.
Old 10th February 2015, 12:42   #9167
BHPian

[quote=Sheel;3641790]

Any detailer who does Cquartz coating will not do it without first prepairing the surface. More than the coating it is important to first correct the paint and bring it to its best condition. Applying Cquartz without proper paint correction is a waste of time and money.

If I were you I would stay away from anyone talking about teflon. Thats a give away that they have no idea about detailing. I have never come across a service center that has a detailing unit and besides detailing is not that simple for them to do it free.

I am based in Bangalore but if you want to talk about it feel free to PM me and I can call you.
Old 10th February 2015, 13:28   #9168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I have resigned to the fact that I cannot remove the scratches using the Meg product by hand after two attempts. I will have to approach a good detailer to get the scratches removed. Thanks to all who responded to my query earlier.
Everybody will realize this at some point of time You just reached the realization point .

There are many good professional detailers in Pune Mumbai area. You can get it done at them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks everyone

I had forgotten that my car needed touch up as well. Reason

After this, I plan to go to a detailer and get the car done up there. And then, plan to apply Cermaic Quartz coating to reduce swirls.

Is this the right way?

Mahindra has approved detailer which uses products by Liqui Moly, is it good? And the words they utter is, teflon though am yet to speak with the guy who is their senior.

Stay away. A quick search will reveal that it is not that great. Just average.
Old 11th February 2015, 08:21   #9169
BHPian

Anyone here using Amway LOC for cleaning car interior (leather upholstery and fabrics)? In yes, kindly suggest the optimum dilution ration for using the same.
Old 11th February 2015, 09:04   #9170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Anyone here using Amway LOC for cleaning car interior (leather upholstery and fabrics)? In yes, kindly suggest the optimum dilution ration for using the same.
I used to use it earlier. Don't remember the exact dilution ratio. It's very concentrated. So the dilution was something like water in a big tumbler with a small teaspoon of LOC. This dilution was good enough for cleaning fabric, leather and mats. Used a little higher concentration for cleaning tires.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 11th February 2015 at 09:05.
guyfrmblr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 01:31   #9171
BHPian

Got myself some car care stuff last week:

- Elastrofoam Clay
- CarPro TRIX Spray
- Menzerna PP Ultra Sealant
- Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (KHGSG)
- Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax (UQW)
- Armor All Heavy Duty car wash shampoo

This weekend I used them all

- Washed the car with Armor All Heavy Duty car wash shampoo
- While still wet sprayed CarPro TRIX on the entire car, waited to 7 mins and washed the car again
- While still wet used the ONR detailer spray and Elastrofoam Clay. Easy to use, but still missed a few spots that I should have gone over a few more times, was working on it at night so did not realize I missed them till the morning
- Washed the entire car again and dried using microfiber towels
- Applied the Menzerna PP Ultra Sealant. Very time consuming and tiring. Next time I hope to get a machine to make life a little easy.

Now began the Klasse HGSG series. 3 coats with 12 hours between each of them. Before applying each coat I did a quick wipe down of the entire car using ONR detailer spray and microfiber towel.

After the last coat of Klasse HGSG I waited for another 12 hours before using a spray of mixture of various products.

The Spray is both a quick detailer and quick wax:
- 15ml(ONR) + 7ml(KHGSG) + 60ml (UQW) + 400ml(water)
- The mixture is milky blue in color
- Just shake it a bit before spraying
- 2 sprays on one panel is enough
- Removes tough stains, dirt and dust, and leaves a slick surface.

Last edited by falconion : 13th February 2015 at 01:42.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 09:54   #9172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Got myself some car care stuff last week:

- Elastrofoam Clay
- CarPro TRIX Spray
- Menzerna PP Ultra Sealant
- Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (KHGSG)
- Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax (UQW)
- Armor All Heavy Duty car wash shampoo
Thats a text book process you have followed

This protection should last you 6 months easily even in our conditions since you have applied 3 coats of KHGSG . This is a pretty strong sealant.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 22:37   #9173
BHPian

It has been a week since I worked on the car. I had not uploaded any pics so here they are.

Every 2 days or so I am using the spray below to clean the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
The Spray is both a quick detailer and quick wax:
- 15ml(ONR) + 7ml(KHGSG) + 60ml (UQW) + 400ml(water)
- The mixture is milky blue in color
- Just shake it a bit before spraying
- 2 sprays on one panel is enough
- Removes tough stains, dirt and dust, and leaves a slick surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thats a text book process you have followed

This protection should last you 6 months easily even in our conditions since you have applied 3 coats of KHGSG . This is a pretty strong sealant.
Thanks! I am hoping it will last that long or more. KHGSG is an amazing product.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150209_000023.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150209_110534.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150209_122326.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150209_122410.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150210_133151.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150210_133209.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_122550.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_122556.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_122619.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_131549.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_131626.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_131659.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_131724.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_131748.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_131802.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_132013.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150217_131522-copy.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2015, 17:44   #9174
BHPian

Hello BHPians.
I have already tried to search for a proper answer but haven't got much clarity.
I live in an area where the garden taps are fed with hard water and due to the negligence of my driver and i should get blamed too for not keeping a track, all the glasses of my figo and to a small extent the alto have nasty hard water stains. I tried using vinegar and lime solution after reading from the net but still those stains remain. They are so pronounced on the windows and rear hatch glass that they hamper night time driving.

What should i do to remove them? Any product that will remove them or should i get the glass polished?

Thanks!
Old 22nd February 2015, 23:14   #9175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post

What should i do to remove them? Any product that will remove them or should i get the glass polished?

Thanks!
Try claying the glass. I had the same problem. It worked for me.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 00:47   #9176
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians.
I have already tried to search for a proper answer but haven't got much clarity.
I live in an area where the garden taps are fed with hard water and due to the negligence of my driver and i should get blamed too for not keeping a track, all the glasses of my figo and to a small extent the alto have nasty hard water stains. I tried using vinegar and lime solution after reading from the net but still those stains remain. They are so pronounced on the windows and rear hatch glass that they hamper night time driving.

Thanks!
Pick up a botttle of Carpro Spotless. Spray it on the glass and leave for a few minutes before wiping with a clean microfiber cloth. I had a similar issue and spotless did the job. It can also be used to take out hard water marks from between logos on the vehicle and also around the house.

You can contact Ultimate Detailerz to buy any Carpro products and they also have a store on ebay.
Scorpioman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 06:19   #9177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried using vinegar and lime solution after reading from the net but still those stains remain. T

If the stains still remain after using vinegar, it means that the hard water has etched into the glass. I believe polishing or replacement is the only way out.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 07:15   #9178
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians.
I live in an area where the garden taps are fed with hard water and due to the negligence of my driver and i should get blamed too for not keeping a track, all the glasses of my figo and to a small extent the alto have nasty hard water stains. I tried using vinegar and lime solution after reading from the net but still those stains remain.
Thanks!
These water marks can be easily removed with a stronger cleaner meant for removing such stains from glass. Some available cleaners would be weak and require much more elbow grease to remove.

With using the right product, Its quite easy actually, just rub and wipe off. You will need a stronger acid based cleaner to remove the salts which are present in the water.

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 23rd February 2015 at 07:16.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 16:21   #9179
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My friend's Ritz has got some cement stains over the body, windshield and window glass. Some of these are actually more like small cement lumps frozen over.
I checked with Pratham Maruti service agent. He said there is no other way but, to scratch them off and get the car repainted.

Is there any other way you know off?

Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2015, 17:24   #9180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post

Is there any other way you know off?
2 options:

1. You can try to remove the cement stains with white Vinegar. Wet a paper napkin with Vinegar and put it on the stain. Now spray more vinegar on the stain so that it sticks to the stain. Leave for 30 minutes making sure the paper towel does not get dry. Keep spraying Vinegar if required. Hopefully, the stain would be out in half hour. Wash the surface and apply some protective coating (wax, sealant).

2. If 1 does not work, forget the A.S.S. and go straight to a professional detailer. They can fix these kind of issues.

Source: I read it on a site(removeallstains.com) and there is a video on youtube as well.

Last edited by skyrocket003 : 23rd February 2015 at 17:28. Reason: Adding source of information.

Most Viewed