Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 19:57   #8656
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Hi Bhpians,i just got this Scratch repair kit to fix minor scratches(Cannot be felt by finger but exist) on my car.Can anyone guide me as to how do i use it;the instruction leaflet is pretty confusing and i will rather live with the scratch than messing it up completely.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-turtlewaxweb_0033_fg6772.jpg  

Old 11th June 2014, 23:22   #8657

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Why don't you get Blackfire Wet Diamond polymer spray sealant. Using it every week or once in two weeks will protect the Blackfire diamond sealant and helps you to retain the gloss and slickness for a longer time.

You can also get Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather conditioner for seats. Its good.

Thank you. Any idea where I can get it online in India and what's the method of application.
Is leather conditioner good enough or should I go for some nano or polymer based leather protectant.
Old 12th June 2014, 10:18   #8658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihs_dr View Post
Any idea where I can get it online in India and what's the method of application.
I had seen it in DetailedClean website (Note: I don't have any commercial interest with them). You need to just spray it, spread it with a microfiber cloth, flip it and buff. Its just like applying any other spray wax.

Quote:
Is leather conditioner good enough or should I go for some nano or polymer based leather protectant.
I don't have any idea on nano, polymer based leather protectants. Experts here can pitch in.
Old 12th June 2014, 19:43   #8659
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihs_dr View Post
Thank you. Any idea where I can get it online in India and what's the method of application.
Modern automotive leather is tough and comes with its own coating to resist wear and tear and does not need a lot, just adequate cleaning and conditioning once in a while is enough and if you can then protect with a good product like a sealant, nothing like it. If you are worried about spills etc then using a dedicated nano coating is needed.
Old 13th June 2014, 08:27   #8660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Hi Bhpians,i just got this Scratch repair kit to fix minor scratches(Cannot be felt by finger but exist) on my car.Can anyone guide me as to how do i use it;the instruction leaflet is pretty confusing and i will rather live with the scratch than messing it up completely.
If the scratch does not catch your finger nail, it's advisable not to use sand paper on it. In all probabilities it can be fixed with compounds+polishes. Would it be possible for you to post a snap of a sample scratch?
Old 13th June 2014, 13:20   #8661
BHPian

I would highly recommend this product for minor scratch removal. It works miraculously and brings shine to the paint. You just need to rub a small quantity with a piece of cloth on the scratch and it disappears.
Also this is very cheap compared to other scratch removal tools available I think a 100gm box would cost 90 Rs. Only , give it a try.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-1402645708427.jpg  

Old 14th June 2014, 11:54   #8662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Folks, I just made your sunday!

For anyone wanting to try out Scholls/UWW/Four Star UPP, here's the best deal I've seen so far.

Go to Ebay.in, type in Four Star in the search button. Browse the listing, see other items from seller (utlimatedetailerz)....apply EBAYMONEY1 or LSNETCOR25 and get 25% off. My wallet just got substantially lightened!

Please note, I have no commercial interest/link. It's just a great deal!
New coupon - LSEBAY1306 - 20% off upto Rs.1500. Lots of good brands from our favorite sellers on ebay.in now - CarPro, Scholls, UWW, Poorboys etc etc. Enjoy!
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 20:48   #8663
Senior - BHPian

Bonnet and front bumper had taken quite a beating after two visits to Mangalore in rains. The bonnet had lot of swirls too, thanks to the security guard of the office who decided to do me a favor of removing bird shit from the bonnet last week. He decided to clean the entire bonnet after that. I guess he used some kind of rag. The end result was loads of small scratches. So decided to detail the bonnet.

First removed all the contaminants using Elastrafoam sponge. Removed swirls and scratches as much as possible using Megs UC. I used lake Country Orange hand pad for UC. Polished with Megs UP using Scholls white hand puck. Sealed with Fourstar UPP. Left it to cure for 12 hours and finally topped with Poorboy's Natty Blue Paste Wax. The Natty Blue wax gave really deep looks. Excuse the stone chipping marks appearing as white dots on the bonnet.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_6656.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_6657.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_6660.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_6669.jpg
guyfrmblr is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 21:53   #8664
Distinguished - BHPian

How do I get rid of tar spots on my car?
Old 14th June 2014, 21:54   #8665
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
First removed all the contaminants using Elastrafoam sponge.
How do you find the Elastrofoam sponge vis-a-vis a clay bar? Say, in terms of life, ease of use, effectiveness? I am planning to get one from Ultimate Detailerz but would like to have some first hand feedback. Thanks!
Old 14th June 2014, 22:04   #8666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
How do you find the Elastrofoam sponge vis-a-vis a clay bar? Say, in terms of life, ease of use, effectiveness? I am planning to get one from Ultimate Detailerz but would like to have some first hand feedback. Thanks!
I used Meguiar's clay bar before this. The main advantage with Elastrafoam for me was it greatly reduced the amount of time compared to clay bar. With respect to contamination picking up capability, I didn't notice any major difference between two. I have used Elastrafoam only on bonnet as of now. I'll be able to check the real effectiveness once I use it on the running board where some stubborn contaminants are present. It should last quite a long time according to reviews. Due to it's ease of use, Elastrafoam is any day better than a clay bar.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 14th June 2014 at 22:06.
guyfrmblr is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 00:30   #8667
BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic! I should probably be tired of this word now. Those reflections are mind blowing as usual.

Quote:
First removed all the contaminants using Elastrafoam sponge. Removed swirls and scratches as much as possible using Megs UC. I used lake Country Orange hand pad for UC.
Which ones do you recommend, Lake country or hexlogic? i heard both pads have quite some cut and can be used in place of DA for minor swirls. Plan to get these soon as DA i need some more time to invest.

Quote:
Poorboy's Natty Blue Paste Wax. The Natty Blue wax gave really deep looks. Excuse the stone chipping marks appearing as white dots on the bonnet.
Shall try this then, W6 is an excellent wax but the dust accumulation is an issue.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 06:21   #8668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Which ones do you recommend, Lake country or hexlogic? i heard both pads have quite some cut and can be used in place of DA for minor swirls. Plan to get these soon as DA i need some more time to invest.
Thanks Amar. The LC orange hand applicator is pretty good. It provides decent amount of cut. I haven't used Hexlogic though, so can't comment on it. Even for polishing, I found that the Scholls white hand puck very convenient.
guyfrmblr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 19:42   #8669
BHPian

Hi guys,

My friend gave me a product called Rain X. This is a solution that needs to applied on cloth and then spread on windscreen. It provides clear vision during rains and reduces water accumulation on screen. Any reviews or experiences of this product. Does it cause harm to the glass. Also which is a good windshield wiper washer additive that can be used.

Last edited by kARTIK IYER : 15th June 2014 at 19:53.
Old 16th June 2014, 12:27   #8670
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please do NOT use abbreviations (DA, UC, QD etc.). It's hard for us non-detailers to follow this discussion.

Request to kindly post the full terms only. Thanks
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks