Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:03   #8341
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidzPolo View Post

Process (on car in shade and cool surface):

Step 1: Wash the car with BlackFire Rinseless Wash (10 ml in 3L water)
Step 2: Prepare white vinegar (80%) and water (20%) mixture and spray over these white lime (chuna) stain marks. Leave it for 10 mins, and clean the area with water. Repeat until all these lime stains are removed.
Step 3: Repeat step 1.
Step 4: Claying + using BlackFire Rinseless wash (1:16 water ratio) as lubricant.
Step 5: Repeat step 1.
Step 6: Apply Meg SwirlX.
Step 7: Apply Duragloss 105 using cotton cloth on clean and dry car. Remove with MF after it hazes.
Step 8: Apply Meg's UC.
Step 9: Appy Collinite 845.

Is this process correct?
Why do you need to use both SwirlX and Ultimate Compound?

Step 7: Please use a foam or MF pad to apply DG 105 instead of the "Cotton Cloth". You can easily go around the entire car and come back to the first panel & start removing it.

Step 9: Collinite 845 is a hybrid and so is DG 105, though the ingredients are very different. In my opinion, you don't need both. Both are very durable but offer very different looks. Pick one instead of both.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:53   #8342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Collinite 845 is a hybrid and so is DG 105, though the ingredients are very different. In my opinion, you don't need both. Both are very durable but offer very different looks. Pick one instead of both.
I had understanding that DG105 is a synthetic paint protective formula and is different from 845. was going to get one for the first paint sealant layer of my new car.
Somebody also told me to go for Meguair's synthetic sealant coat (M21). HOW ABOUT THIS?
SO on the new car first use M21 and then 845?
Then M21 every 6 months and 845 every month. is it so?

Last edited by Honda Monk : 2nd March 2014 at 22:10.
Old 2nd March 2014, 22:13   #8343
BHPian

This is now updated for Mar 02, 2014.
:-)

Thank you for your enquiry.
Mumbai Dealer Address.
M/S.JALARAM ENTERPRISES
B-17.203, SURAJ KIRAN BULIDING
ANAND NAGAR
DAHSIA (E) C.S.ROAD
MUMBAI- 68
Mobile- 93322184584

Your mail forwarded to our dealers.

Thanking you

--
Should you need any clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us without any obligation.

Thanks & best regards

K.Subramanian

AUTOSOL INDIA PVT LTD

No.16, 75th Street , R.v.Nagar

Jaffarkhanpet , CHENNAI – 600083

Mobile No. +91-9710267902 / +91-9845236486

www.autosolindia.com www.autosolindia.in
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:52   #8344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioman View Post
Have a quick question. After going through most of the posts here I went ahead and bought a DeWalt Rotary polisher yesterday along with a 5" backing plate. I started looking for 5.5" pads yesterday but most of the ones I see say they are for a DA. My question is, what is the difference between a pad for a DA and a rotary? Below is a link to one such pad I came across.
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/531g.html
hey, where did you get the 5" backing plate? the DA plate will not fit rotary polisher. The Rotary needs a female thread backing plate. DA takes a male thread and thread is different. I have DA plate and planning to buy a rotary.
Old 4th March 2014, 17:46   #8345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
hey, where did you get the 5" backing plate? the DA plate will not fit rotary polisher. The Rotary needs a female thread backing plate. DA takes a male thread and thread is different. I have DA plate and planning to buy a rotary.
I picked it up from Bangalore. It is not the greatest but something to use till I get a good one. The shop that I bought the rotary from had this and I am guessing any hardware store will have it. Paid Rs.250/- for it.
Old 4th March 2014, 18:42   #8346
BHPian

Mod Note : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on this board.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by noopster : 5th March 2014 at 15:58. Reason: No commerical exploitation please!
amarprusty is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th March 2014, 11:33   #8347
BHPian

Wanted to know 2 things quite urgently out of the two Duragloss 105 and Meg 21 which is a better one?
Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 13:43   #8348
BHPian

Friends this is like more I am reading the more I am getting confused.
Let me put my situation.
I have bought a new car (XUV500) with moondust silver color and it's only 2 days old.
What is the ideal thing to do at first?
Should I apply paint sealant (i.e. DG 105/DG 111; Meguiar's 21)? If yes then which one will give best durability?
or should I apply collinite 845 directly?
Pls reply!
Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 13:52   #8349
BHPian

^
Your's being a new car do not need paint correction. So let us eliminate the polishing stage. Ideally what you would need to use are 1) Sealant 2) Wax. There are two in one products too. I cannot give opinion regarding the products you listed since I have not used them.

If you do not want to invest much in car care products, go ahead and buy Collinite 845 wax and apply it after a proper wash and clean. Let us keep the new paint swirl free so use only microfibre for cleaning.

Last edited by AstonMartin : 5th March 2014 at 13:54.
Old 5th March 2014, 14:04   #8350
BHPian

Thanks Astonmartin!
you said I need sealant and wax and exactly on those two things I need opinions.
Which sealant and which wax. I can go for two separate products given they are worth that.

Thanks again!
Old 5th March 2014, 14:17   #8351
BHPian

^
May I suggest Poorboys EX-P Sealant and Poorboys Natty's Blue Paste Wax. I use them on my dark colored car. If you have a light colored car, please go ahead and use Poorboys Natty’s Paste Wax. You may use Collinite 845 instead of the Poorboys wax product.

If you have someone coming from US or UK ask them to bring the Klass AIO. That is the best product out there as far as I am concerned. You do not need anything else. But availability in India is a problem.

*No commercial interests.

Last edited by AstonMartin : 5th March 2014 at 14:18.
Old 5th March 2014, 15:21   #8352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Thanks Astonmartin!
you said I need sealant and wax and exactly on those two things I need opinions.
Which sealant and which wax. I can go for two separate products given they are worth that.
Thanks again!
Please check Post #26. Would also recommend you spend some time on the first 4-5 pages. Quiet a few products have been reviewed and a lot of questions have been answered on the thread
Old 5th March 2014, 20:41   #8353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Wanted to know 2 things quite urgently out of the two Duragloss 105 and Meg 21 which is a better one?
Thanks
Following would be my suggestion from whatever I have learnt.

1. Wash : Give a nice wash using a dedicated car shampoo like Amway or Meguiars NXT.
2. Clay : Yes, your car is new but use a clay bar over a section and you would find lots of bonded contaminants. Since car are parked in stockyard for long duration, you would find some bonded contaminants. Get a Meguiars clay bar from BBImpex.
3. Compounding : Since car is new compounding wont be required but if you decide to get one prefer Meguiars Ultimate Compound.
4. Sealant : Wax are old gen stuff. They did give very good shine but what we need in India is durability, that is where sealant trump. My suggestion would be Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection. Manufactured by same guys who make Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection and is 20% more durable and for half the price. You can purchase it up from Ultimate Detailerz.

Maintenance :
1. No daily car wash. Save water.
2. Use Jopasu car duster
3. Use Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax as QD(Quick Detailer) 1:25(ONR:Water). Mist on and wipe off and admire nice shine.

Do get following as well.
1. Eurow Microfiber cloth. Use only MF for wiping car surface be it metal, plastic or glass.
2. Meguiars Applicator pad. Can be bought from 3M Car Care for applying sealant.

Have fun maintaining your car and do let us know your feedback.

Note: I'm not associated with any of the above merchant entities.
Old 7th March 2014, 18:45   #8354
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Anybody knows a(any) dealer(s) in Chennai who sells the following.

Auto Finesse: Avalanche
Auto Finesse: Citrus Power
Auto Finesse: Oblitarate Tar Remover
Meguiar's: Ultimate Compound
Turtle Wax: ICE products

I thought I can utilize the weekend for a thorough cleaning if I can purchase these products by visiting the shop early in this weekend.

Else I have to order them online and wait for it to arrive.
Old 8th March 2014, 21:56   #8355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Get a Meguiars clay bar from BBImpex.
I'm somehow unable to find the Meguiars clay bar in their website. Is there any other place where I can find it? I tried almost all online portals but couldn't find it anywhere.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 8th March 2014 at 22:09.

Most Viewed