Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 18:04   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Why order from the US when its available locally.
Its simple my dear friend. When it comes from abroad it is generally free. Local purchase is with hard cash

What i meant by order is to actually give my family an order to get that stuff..LOL

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th May 2009 at 18:05.
Old 6th May 2009, 23:24   #587
BHPian

I use the Armor multi purpose cleaner for all the stains and tar.. and the tire and rubber cleaner for tires. It works wonders!
Old 7th May 2009, 09:18   #588
Senior - BHPian

I have got the 3M car care kit for my new linea after the paint protection service. But they do not give wax with it. I asked for paste wax at 3M, but they said 3M paste wax is not commercially available . It is available only for dealers and 3M car detailing network. They have offered me a bottle of liquid wax. I wanted to know whether the liquid polish is any better than the paste wax?. I have planned to wax my car once a month realistically. Shall i get this liquid wax or a formula1 carunuba wax for it?. Which one gives a better protection and shine?. Which one lasts long?. On the car detailing i saw the person using some sort of a machine for applying and shining the wax. Some machine which rotates and shines. What is the name of this machine?.Shall i get this machine?. Is this machine available outside commercially in india?. If yes what brand is recommended?. Please give your valuble suggestions. I have bought a new car and want to keep it spotless for years to come.

Edit: The machine was something like this
Polishers

Last edited by geeash : 7th May 2009 at 09:22.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:32   #589
BHPian

the polishing machine is available on ebay india should cost around 1,500 to 2,000 rupees
Old 7th May 2009, 11:38   #590
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I have got the 3M car care kit for my new linea after the paint protection service. But they do not give wax with it. I asked for paste wax at 3M, but they said 3M paste wax is not commercially available . It is available only for dealers and 3M car detailing network. They have offered me a bottle of liquid wax. I wanted to know whether the liquid polish is any better than the paste wax?. I have planned to wax my car once a month realistically. Shall i get this liquid wax or a formula1 carunuba wax for it?. Which one gives a better protection and shine?. Which one lasts long?. On the car detailing i saw the person using some sort of a machine for applying and shining the wax. Some machine which rotates and shines. What is the name of this machine?.Shall i get this machine?. Is this machine available outside commercially in india?. If yes what brand is recommended?. Please give your valuble suggestions. I have bought a new car and want to keep it spotless for years to come.

Edit: The machine was something like this
Polishers
Ashwin - Its advised here in this very thread not to use the polishing machine yourself unless you're an expert at it. As any varied pressure applied on it may cause damage to the paint
Old 7th May 2009, 11:57   #591
Senior - BHPian

Just a question every one states that using orbital polisher can damage paint if you don't have experience but any one actually owns one or ever used it here ?
Old 7th May 2009, 12:16   #592
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
don't have experience but any one actually owns one or ever used it here ?
I have seen a friend use it and totally wreck the hood of his swift. Too much pressure and you will cut thru the paint. Trust me, its not a tool you would use of you have no expertise.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:28   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I have seen a friend use it and totally wreck the hood of his swift. Too much pressure and you will cut thru the paint. Trust me, its not a tool you would use of you have no expertise.
No intention of buying it but just asked , if teenage boys working at garages can gain expertise why not enthusiastic owners ?

Any way personally I bought turtle wax 6 months ago and used it only twice so buying an orbital polisher would be a dead investment for me , A good wash is good enough for me.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:39   #594
BHPian

I think rubbing with the soft linen cloth will do the job with good satisfaction. I don't use WAX as it needs lot of time and energy but liquid polish(white or cream in color I use Amway Silicon Glaze) spreads faster and easily so less application time and with single buff it gives good shine. WAX need rubbing to bring the shine.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:44   #595
BHPian

What about 3M Premium Liquid Wax? Rs.80 for 100ml and available everywhere.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:50   #596
BHPian

I saw a polisher that runs on 12v Dc (off the Cigg lighter) and it rpms were quite low when compared to the others, looked like a easier and safer product, but after the caution given on this thread, I decided to avoid it.
What's the big issue we're not waxing the car every sunday! so its worth the sweat in a certain sense.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:50   #597
BHPian

Removing paint marks from plastic

Hi,

My Santro was parked next to streetlamp. A fool from the Chennai corporation tried to paint the street lamp with that silver paint and in the process spilled droplets of paint all over the car. Now I have removed the paint from the metal areas using 3M Rubbing compound, but would need help in removal of paint on plastic areas like windshield beading and OVRM and bumpers. Please HELP!

Also, where can I get Turtlewax products in Bangalore / Chennai?

Last edited by DWind : 7th May 2009 at 14:53.
Old 7th May 2009, 15:48   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I think rubbing with the soft linen cloth will do the job with good satisfaction. I don't use WAX as it needs lot of time and energy but liquid polish(white or cream in color I use Amway Silicon Glaze) spreads faster and easily so less application time and with single buff it gives good shine. WAX need rubbing to bring the shine.
This is exactly how you should wax your car if you do not have or use the polishing machine. A soft cloth with wax applied on it on a wet car and rub it in well and then wait for 10 minutes and use a different soft cloth to bring the shine out then see the wonder it does to your car.

I agree it is a lot of hard work, but i see it as a dual benefit, calorie loss and gloss addition..LOL

Check my car in profile page to know what i mean
Old 7th May 2009, 15:57   #599
BHPian

Tell me how to maintain dashboard of my verna. i have cleaned it with moist cloth and now it has lots of white stains all over it.

EDIT : Can i use stp sun of gun on it ???
Old 7th May 2009, 16:18   #600
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This is exactly how you should wax your car if you do not have or use the polishing machine. A soft cloth with wax applied on it on a wet car and rub it in well and then wait for 10 minutes and use a different soft cloth to bring the shine out then see the wonder it does to your car.

I agree it is a lot of hard work, but i see it as a dual benefit, calorie loss and gloss addition..LOL

Check my car in profile page to know what i mean
I've formula 1 carnauba wax yellow round box with spongy applicatior. When I applied wax with applicator, should I apply it & rub it with force or should I do it very lightly? Last Sunday when I did it, I rubbed it lightly with circular motion. after 1 minute, when it dries to haze, I removed it with a soft cloth.
Is this the right method

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks