Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2012, 09:29   #5611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader

I will order SwirlX and Ultimate Compound sometime later as these problems are likely to recur. ScratchX did not work on a scratch either, by the way.

I have uploaded all the pictures on my Cruze thread.
As sohail said, keep rubbing in circular motion till the paste becomes almost invisible. This is because of the presence of diminishing abrasive technology.
Old 25th March 2012, 09:47   #5612
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
There is a green colored, soap shaped thing available & here in my locality, it's called "buffing". That's what mechanics also use.
Is it what we call a clay bar in our terms? But I have doubts that a clay bar would work on polished Aluminum!
I have also heard about this green coloured soap locally referred as "Laata". But it is only available at some select places here in Ahmedabad which the mechanics are not ready to disclose!!
Old 25th March 2012, 22:22   #5613
Senior - BHPian

No mate, clay bar is a different product altogether. While clay bar is used to lift dirt & contamination off the paint surface, this green bar that I am speaking of is used to buff an aluminium surface & cannot be used on a painted surface.

Try asking some Bullet mechanic in your locality or ask somebody in your circle who has a Bullet & is an enthusiast as well. Else, let me know & I will courier a bar to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Is it what we call a clay bar in our terms? But I have doubts that a clay bar would work on polished Aluminum!
I have also heard about this green coloured soap locally referred as "Laata". But it is only available at some select places here in Ahmedabad which the mechanics are not ready to disclose!!
Old 26th March 2012, 12:00   #5614
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a small query -

After cleaning my car, my cleaner has this habit of splashing the left water in the bucket onto the four wheels.

I wash my car every Sundays. Although I do not splash water off the bucket onto the wheels, I do use water from a hose pipe onto the wheels directly to clean the alloys.

One of my friends told me that this will damage the ABS/EBD sensor in my car. Is this true?
Old 26th March 2012, 12:53   #5615
BHPian

raj_5004 - No issues, the sensors are placed inside the bearing units, nothing will happen if water falls on the wheels.

Or how can manufacturers ensure that cars can be used on highways in monsoons where the wheels will throw up water from the road
Old 26th March 2012, 13:07   #5616
BHPian

I did claying in the weekend and applied 1 layer of Collinite 845 today in my car. The results were very good. Although the swirl marks have not gone (i did not expect them to go) because there is not ScratchX and AIO applied yet.

I will get snaps tomorrow when i take her out in the sun. In the basement parking, the snaps did not do justice to Connite.

One definitely needs to use very little Collinite. A picture with my Collinite bottle after applying in my entire car (Swift). Wanted to show how little was used. One bottle will last atleast 2.5 to 3 years, even if i decide to use it every 2 months.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-collinite.jpg  

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 26th March 2012 at 13:09.
Old 26th March 2012, 16:13   #5617
Senior - BHPian

Recently I got my Honda City detailed by DiamondBrite from Honda SVC. The after results were excellent (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2724853). The cost was 1900 for 6 month coating.

Anyone else tried this DiamondBrite? It is UK brand and new to India. Is it better than 3M? Will it really last 6 month. They also had a one year package for 3500+ Rupees.
Old 26th March 2012, 16:18   #5618
Senior - BHPian

Placed an order for Jopasu Car Duster Combo today in the morning through E-Bay from JopasuCarCare. Total cost came to Rs. 850 with shipping included. Now every morning will just wipe off the dust with it and drive out and will to see to that I only have to wash the car just once in a week on Sundays rather twice in a week that I do currently. Some water savings from my side towards our planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
After cleaning my car, my cleaner has this habit of splashing the left water in the bucket onto the four wheels.
Rajeev you should ask your cleaner to not to splash water onto the wheel wells after he is finished with the washing the car with the left over water.
Reason being, the water will obviously be dirty and secondly it will cause the disc to start rusting even though you do drive out every morning which nullifies it.
Old 26th March 2012, 16:35   #5619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
raj_5004 - No issues, the sensors are placed inside the bearing units, nothing will happen if water falls on the wheels.

Or how can manufacturers ensure that cars can be used on highways in monsoons where the wheels will throw up water from the road
This was my query to him. Anyways, thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Rajeev you should ask your cleaner to not to splash water onto the wheel wells after he is finished with the washing the car with the left over water.
Reason being, the water will obviously be dirty and secondly it will cause the disc to start rusting even though you do drive out every morning which nullifies it.
Thank you buddy, I'll ask him to stop doing that right away.
Old 26th March 2012, 21:17   #5620
Senior - BHPian

Here are two videos showing the magic of Jopasu Car Duster. Finally a waxed car doesn't needs to be washed so often. Waiting for mine to come.

Source: Ultimate Detailerz, Banglore.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 26th March 2012 at 21:43.
Old 27th March 2012, 10:53   #5621
BHPian

Quote:
Here are two videos showing the magic of Jopasu Car Duster. Finally a waxed car doesn't needs to be washed so often. Waiting for mine to come.
Good, even I have got california car duster along with other detailing products. Today I have tested the car duster, it's very good. Now I too can wash the car weekly once.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 27th March 2012 at 11:13.
Old 27th March 2012, 19:42   #5622
Senior - BHPian

I must admit that I have been a bit lax about the interiors of my car and it shows. I have an art leather upholstery with the following color combination- mild grey and very light grey. All the dirt accumulated over 2 years have resulted in a thin layer of dirt coating on the seats.

I don't need a complete interior clean as my roof and door pads are clean. Its only the seats that require a wash. I enquired in 3M and their price is ridiculously high for seat cleaning. 150+tax/seat. I am planning to clean it myself. I need suggestion on which cleaner to buy and more importantly, where can I find genuine stuff? I am put up in north Bangalore. Any shops in and around Malleshwaram/RT Nagar or Ramiah College?

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th March 2012, 20:10   #5623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I need suggestion on which cleaner to buy and more importantly, where can I find genuine stuff? I am put up in north Bangalore. Any shops in and around Malleshwaram/RT Nagar or Ramiah College?
Sachin I did suggest Meguiars Gold Class Spray Cleaner/Conditioner costs Rs. 672 and should be available at 3M Car Care HSR Layout Bangalore. Meguiars products are very reputed and this one should help you clean and condition those Leatherette seats. As it is a spray liquid should be very easy to work on those dirty seats.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 20:23   #5624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sachin I did suggest Meguiars Gold Class Spray Cleaner/Conditioner costs Rs. 672 and should be available at 3M Car Care HSR Layout Bangalore. Meguiars products are very reputed and this one should help you clean and condition those Leatherette seats. As it is a spray liquid should be very easy to work on those dirty seats.
There is a 3M outlet on RMV extension, much nearer than HSR

How long does the bottle last? If its for one application, I would rather pay another 130 bucks extra and get it done from them.

What material should I use to scrub the dirt off? Cotton waste?

Sorry for sounding naive, I just couldn't help it.
Old 27th March 2012, 21:02   #5625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How long does the bottle last? If its for one application, I would rather pay another 130 bucks extra and get it done from them.
What material should I use to scrub the dirt off? Cotton waste?
The bottle should easily last for 2-3 times for cleaning all the seats. I plan to get one soon, would be better position then to answer it then.
Mostly I use microfiber towels whenever I'm working on the car. As long as the Leatherette seats are not harmed in any way cotton cloth should be fine.

Quote:
There is a 3M outlet on RMV extension, much nearer than HSR
Being based in Mumbai, not much knowledge of Bangalore.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks