Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 22:28   #391
BHPian

Tried using diesel,and voila it was gone in 60 seconds! Thanks shakensoul for the suggestion.
Old 29th December 2008, 22:58   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Tried using diesel,and voila it was gone in 60 seconds! .
i know it mite sound too noobish but doesnt diesel means diesel fuel or some kind of brand name??!!
Old 29th December 2008, 23:19   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i know it mite sound too noobish but doesnt diesel means diesel fuel or some kind of brand name??!!
Yes its diesel fuel.
Old 30th December 2008, 12:01   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well Diesel is a high end brand for jeans , Sunglasses and other fashion accessories , For best results in cleaning use a new cotten Diesel T-Shirt with Diesel fuel to clean
Old 5th January 2009, 16:54   #395
BHPian

Guys..is the motomax range of car cleaning products from pidilite any good? i am interested in their dashboard polish.....
Old 11th January 2009, 00:47   #396
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My 1 week old Hyundai i10 is gathering dust. Is it recommended to dust it off before washing (or is it wiping) the whole car? And what kind of cloth should you use for dusting and for wiping? I read somewhere on this thread that the traditional Indian towel (toliya ) works well, but was just wondering if its fibers could cause scratches).

Thanks!
Old 11th January 2009, 05:48   #397
BHPian

dust it off with water first and then rinse and wipe it with a two seperate soft cloth(old unused banyan its the best and the cheapest)
i do it for my i10 kappa.

Old 11th January 2009, 09:55   #398
BHPian

@ NK@Hyd
im also in the same dilemma as you.i really cant find any good dusters and end up spray washing the car always!!
if you get a good duster do let know!!
Old 11th January 2009, 14:39   #399
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Guys..is the motomax range of car cleaning products from pidilite any good? i am interested in their dashboard polish.....
Hi there,

If you are interested in a good dashboard polish, I suggest you buy the dashboard polish from 3M. It is really good and worth the money. I have tried a few products of Pidilite earlier and the results were just ordinary.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 11th January 2009, 14:46   #400
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ NK@Hyd
im also in the same dilemma as you.i really cant find any good dusters and end up spray washing the car always!!
if you get a good duster do let know!!
It is always best to hose down your car to remove the fine dust and then wet a micro fibre cloth and use it to wipe the body panels. This will ensure that there are no scratches on the paint. If the car is very dirty (bird droppings, mud on the running board, lower door panels) then use a pressure hose to remove as much of the dirt as possible and then use a wet sponge dipped in car shampoo to gently agitate the surface to remove any dirt that is still stuck on.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 12th January 2009, 09:50   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Hi there,

If you are interested in a good dashboard polish, I suggest you buy the dashboard polish from 3M. It is really good and worth the money. I have tried a few products of Pidilite earlier and the results were just ordinary.

Cheers,
gpa
Yes 3M is s a good polish earlier i was using this. Recently I tried Amway Leather and Vinyl cleaner on my friend recommendation. Very good for dash board and cost effective.
Old 13th January 2009, 17:12   #402
BHPian

For cleaning wind shield its I have seen Taxi drivers using Tamil (Daily thanthi to be specific)newspapers after rinsing with water. They dont seem to prefer English dailies for this task. Have seen some petrol pump attendants do the same as well.
Old 13th January 2009, 23:46   #403
BHPian

**** Happens!

Or it, 'Baptism by Fire'?

Cleaned and took out my ten day new Hyundai i10 for the first time and hit a cemented beam in the parking lot. I just got over learning to drive in an old Maruti and never knew the i10 would have such a pick up. Result: A few scratches in the front part below the bonnet and to the plastic moulding frame (don't know what it's called).

What should I now do to avoid the scratches from spreading..I heard they do if you have wash/clean the scratches? Should I get the scratches removed now or wait till the first servicing (by which time, I'll manage some more scratches )?
Old 20th January 2009, 17:30   #404
Senior - BHPian

Scratches do not magically spread. I know it hurts to see your brand new car scarred, but it is more sensible to collect your scratches and get them all done together.

Now for an issue of my own:

Yesterday, I washed and waxed my car and to my alarm came across patches where the paint felt like it was sandblasted. The areas right next to both the edges of the boot lid (rear quarter panels?), some part of the running board and the lower doors feel like this.

If I run my hand over these parts, I can distinctly hear the shhh sounds and it feels like extremely fine grit sandpaper. Now the weird thing is, I cannot find anything wrong visually on these patches.

Any ideas what this could be and what I can do to fix it?

Also, after the waxing, the entire body felt... rough. Almost like there were particles embedded all over the paint - except for the front fender which was repainted during second service (Jan 2nd). That piece feels silky smooth.

Am I looking at a full body rub and polish job?
Old 20th January 2009, 17:38   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Any ideas what this could be and what I can do to fix it?

Also, after the waxing, the entire body felt... rough. Almost like there were particles embedded all over the paint - except for the front fender which was repainted during second service (Jan 2nd). That piece feels silky smooth.

Am I looking at a full body rub and polish job?
I think it is over spray from some other job on your car. Better check with the center who have done it or try Amway silicon glaze or 3M polish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks