Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 21:13   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
all of a brand called "Wurth". The MRP on the 1 litre bottles was more than 1K. Any one heard of such a product?
Wurth is a well known brand and the outside garage should be a good one to use wurth products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys, need urgent help. I waxed my month old Fiesta Sports (Sea Grey) using Waxpol. In my enthusiasm, I waxed the whole of the car at once, I regret it.
Then, I let it haze for 30-35 minutes.

Now, following what was told on the forum, I started to buff but it was nearly impossible to buff the wax out. Although, I tried my best to use minimal quantity of Waxpol.

So, I started applying a thin layer of Waxpol over the hardened wax and then started to wipe it continuously, and yes, the wax started to loosen. But, their remains a problem. After doing all this, I am still unable to get a spotless shine I got after waxing my bike.

Tonight, I ventured out for a drive and stopped at a shop. While coming back I saw my car's side while a Dzire's headlight was ON. I could clearly see smudgy, "sweeping" marks on the whole of the side. Didn't look good at all. What do I do?

I do not want to remove the wax completely as then, all the hard work that went into it would go waste. Can I rectify it somehow?
IMO the easy way is to keep it that way - drive around for a couple of week, make it dirty, wash it with a good shampoo, and try the wax job again. But being the stuff waxpol is (BTW did you use the waxpol liquid wax or the cake?) its VERY difficult to wash off (though Indian monsoon might help you).

The hard way is to wash the car, clay it thoroughly, polish it and then wax it using SPARING quantities of wax.

See this link for details

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle - Updated! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

and this picture - from meguiars website - should be the guide on how much wax is too much!

The top picture is too much - the bottom one is just right!

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-megs.jpg

screenshot from meguiars website - all copyrights owned by them. (mods may delete this if inappropriate)

Last edited by blackasta : 29th August 2010 at 21:16.
Old 29th August 2010, 21:50   #3062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need urgent help. I waxed my month old Fiesta Sports (Sea Grey) using Waxpol. In my enthusiasm, I waxed the whole of the car at once, I regret it.

Now, following what was told on the forum, I started to buff but it was nearly impossible to buff the wax out. Although, I tried my best to use minimal quantity of Waxpol.

So, I started applying a thin layer of Waxpol over the hardened wax and then started to wipe it continuously, and yes, the wax started to loosen. But, their remains a problem. After doing all this, I am still unable to get a spotless shine I got after waxing my bike.

Tonight, I ventured out for a drive and stopped at a shop. While coming back I saw my car's side while a Dzire's headlight was ON. I could clearly see smudgy, "sweeping" marks on the whole of the side. Didn't look good at all. What do I do?

I do not want to remove the wax completely as then, all the hard work that went into it would go waste. Can I rectify it somehow?

Which waxpol wax did you use?The cake one or the paste one in a red container??
Old 29th August 2010, 22:19   #3063
BHPian

The container is orange in colour and the wax inside is almost solid, very dry.
Old 29th August 2010, 22:19   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
I happened to have a small dent and scratch in my Vista and as suggested by a friend, gave the car to a painting shop near my residence. The dent correction and painting was very good especially compared to TASC and cost only less than half. (Last time TASC had done a horrible work despite them having a very modern painting booth here!) There I noticed them using all sorts of car care products like compounds and polishes of different grades (identifiable only by product numbers) and waxes, all of a brand called "Wurth". The MRP on the 1 litre bottles was more than 1K. Any one heard of such a product?
I saw these at the Reliance Autozone and the person who took care of this told me that they would be ready to ship it if the payment was made. Wurth is from Germany and I don't think it's worth to go for them since it is so expensive! Though these guys had the right tools and these wax, polish, etc. the Wagon R which I saw which was worked on was just OK!! He also mentioned that they would be doing a polymer coating which was not seen on the car.

IMO, it's better to work on car detailing ourselves over a period of 2 days and have the finish to our liking. Here is a pic of the leaflet which I got. Please excuse for the bad pic. The leaflet was folded and placed in the trouser pocket which got crumpled.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-reliance-autozone-car-polish.jpg  

Last edited by rdna : 29th August 2010 at 22:22.
rdna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2010, 22:31   #3065
BHPian

Other than my previous query in the page before, I need to know, about how to apply the cake wax. It is very dry and doesn't come too easily on the foam applicator. I literally have to squeeze the foam in the tin over the wax and keep rotating it. Maybe this is why I ended up applying more than required.
Should I heat it in a water bath to make it softer?
Old 29th August 2010, 22:31   #3066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
IMO, it's better to work on car detailing ourselves over a period of 2 days and have the finish to our liking.
I Just wanted to know about the product (Wurth). In fact i do everything including washing myself only and have many of the products mentioned here. Further, though they did my painting work very well, the detailing work done on other cars caused major swirls, the reason I found was that the staff, though experts in rotary buffing and the pads being frequently changed, the surfaces were not properly cleaned before the work and the buffers were often kept with the pads touching the ground, collecting dirt and dust!

Last edited by janitha : 29th August 2010 at 22:34.
Old 29th August 2010, 23:24   #3067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The container is orange in colour and the wax inside is almost solid, very dry.
Did it come with a applicator foam pad?
Try to get the waxpol caranuba wax.its a red colored tin.comes with a applicator foam.the wax is soft and easy to use and comes off easily too leaving a deep shine.
Old 30th August 2010, 00:14   #3068
BHPian

^^ Tried searching a lot here. But, nobody has it. Got this one from a hardware and wall paints shop.
Old 30th August 2010, 03:33   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other than my previous query in the page before, I need to know, about how to apply the cake wax. It is very dry and doesn't come too easily on the foam applicator. I literally have to squeeze the foam in the tin over the wax and keep rotating it. Maybe this is why I ended up applying more than required.
Should I heat it in a water bath to make it softer?
Take a slightly moist sponge applicator, rub it on the Waxpol cake and start waxing the car panel by panel. Let it dry for two minutes or so and then buff using a Microfiber cloth.

Gradually you increase the drying time for better results if you're ok with the hardwork involved in buffing a long-dried waxed panel. Waxpol is hard to buff when dry, but in order to make things easy you can apply Waxpol again on the surface and then buff, the second coat of Wax reduces the Mehnat-Mazdoori involved. Waxpol is a tough but great wax, use with care.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:55   #3070
BANNED

Abhipuru,

You could use a detailer to dissolve the hardened wax. But before you try that or ask which detailer, did you try the wash/buff method. The wash/buff method generally works for over waxed or hardened wax cars. You use dm water in a towel, section by section. Buff with a good soft microfibre cloth or a chamois. You may have to do this many times. Wash then buff. Repeat till the smudging is over. Basically you will be removing the excess layers. If this wax has hardened so much and this does not solve the problem even after 10 wash and buffs then try a detailer. The solvent in the detailer should dissolve the wax. Try and use the same manufacturers detailer. Finally if all fails you will have to remove the wax with an alkaline shampoo which will strip the wax. I have found normally most problems are solved by method I and those which cannot be solved by I are solved by Method II.

Best of luck. Give us a feedback if your problem has been solved.

Quote:

Old 30th August 2010, 12:13   #3071
BHPian

Mr Ramesh from Jopasu Bangalore called me back as promised.
He said that a 250g clay bar costs 1500 rs + tax. When I asked him if that is including the lubricating kit etc he said no specific lubrication is required. It is enough if you spray water on the surface before using it.
When I checked their site Jopasu Car Care Products India it recommends using water with car shampoo as the lubricant.
Can someone clarify this and should I go in for the product?

EDIT: After posting, got a sudden doubt if he said 2 50g bars, or a 250g bar

Called him back and confirmed, the price quoted is for a single 250g bar

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 30th August 2010 at 12:17.
Old 30th August 2010, 12:17   #3072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Mr Ramesh from Jopasu Bangalore called me back as promised.
He said that a 250g clay bar costs 1500 rs + tax. When I asked him if that is including the lubricating kit etc he said no specific lubrication is required. It is enough if you spray water on the surface before using it.
When I checked their site Jopasu Car Care Products India it recommends using water with car shampoo as the lubricant.
Can someone clarify this and should I go in for the product?
A concentrated mix of water and car shampoo should do the job of an ONR (optimum no rinse) and is ideal to be used as a lube for using clay.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:08   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
A concentrated mix of water and car shampoo should do the job of an ONR (optimum no rinse) and is ideal to be used as a lube for using clay.
If that be the case I guess I will try to pick up the clay bar from him sometime this month.
What happens if the lubrication used is not concentrated enough? Any potential issues?
Old 30th August 2010, 15:36   #3074
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
If that be the case I guess I will try to pick up the clay bar from him sometime this month.
What happens if the lubrication used is not concentrated enough? Any potential issues?
I have done using detailer and also using plain water, its not an issue. However if there is not enough lubrication, clay bar tends to stick to the surface and leaves marks, which can be removed, but you do not end up getting the result you wanted and extra effort for no reason.
Old 30th August 2010, 16:07   #3075
Senior - BHPian

After following this thread, participating a little and buying off a few products I decided it was time for a few questions

I'd give all a little background though...

I don't have a dedicated parking for my car. Its parked on the colony roadside when I'm at home. The car is driven about 50-52 kms daily for 5 days a week (Delhi-Gurgaon-Delhi). I've shampooed the car around once a week but the car is covered with dust the very next day and gets in pretty bad shape after 3-4 days. I don't have a Jopasu duster yet and I don't use the MF cloth to dust it (which I guess shouldn't be used for dusting) and just let it be until the next wash.
In office I park in the underground parking so its away from the sun, at least 5 days a week. I do have a car cover, the plastic one, but by the time I'm home the car is so dusty that I refrain from putting the cover back as the dust would scratch the paint (as mentioned above, don't have that huge Jopasu duster yet).

I recently bought Amway Car Wash & Silicone Glaze, already had a Windshield Cleaner, Scratch Remover, Quick Detailer from the Eurogold kit, not too keen on using any of the Eurogold items though and instead have a long list of other items that I shall procure gradually but what has got me thinking was this - I returned from my Delhi-Udaipur-Delhi trip, it rained for about 600 kms while I was going and then not a single drop of rain. My car was in a state that I can't describe. I shampooed the car after 3-4 days of my return as I was taken ill due to the extremely long drive. The car looked better again but there were infinite number of bug & tar spots. Though I shouldn't have rubbed too much I did as the bug spots were just not ready to go off with a mild rub of shampoo. Anyways, I did manage to get the bug (not tar) spots off and was planning on starting with the first few detailing steps (read car wash with shampoo, claying (may be) and applying amway silicone glaze).

However, what I now think is that since I'd be off to long drives on my car almost every month and these bug spots & tar spots along with a lot of dirt and dust would never be off the car would it be advisable to go all the way with detailing or do I stick with weekly car wash with shampoo and up till silicone glaze application every 1 or 2 months. The reason I'm checking with you all is that if I give the car a wash with shampoo I'm sure I'd damage the wax coat to some extent. And if my car requires a shampoo wash every week wouldn't I be wiping the wax off a bit every week. If mild rubbing with shampoo wouldn't hurt the wax then those bug spots would never go off. Also, if there are hard tar spots then without using diesel I wouldn't be able to get them off and using diesel would, I think, damage the wax protective coat.

Apart from this if there are loads and loads of bug/tar spots that too almost all over the front and sides do I still go ahead with using diesel? I don't have a problem using diesel all over but if there's another solution to that I might try that as well, only because I heard diesel usage was neither safe nor recommended for excess usage. Very confused here for the sheer reason that though I have the motivation to keep my car in showroom condition if the circumstances don't allow it I don't want to waste my energy and resources over it.

PS: Whatever the circumstances I still want to upkeep my car in the best possible state :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks