Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 14:13   #2806
Senior - BHPian

guys is this worth getting ?

eBay India: Car Polisher:-NOW POLISH YOUR CAR AT HOME HASSLE FREE (item 220646990265 end time 09-Aug-2010 00:23:21 IST)
Old 6th August 2010, 15:03   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
My shine is there, its the slickness- the smoothness of the surface that is less with collinite, as you mentioned that its not carnauba hence this effect. The max slickness i got was with Megs Cleaner Wax, the surface was so smooth, dunno if that has pure carnauba that is why
I agree that sealant will not bond to the wax, but since i keep adding wax/sealant regularly, the surface will never lack either and also 2-3 layers went before applying wax. Put BF just to get that smoothness on the surface which helps when dusting off.
I will also see if spray wax can make it smooth, not a great fan of those for some reason as i see that the effect hardly lasts for 3-4 days at the most.
I read somewhere that once the natural wax is cured the chemical structure of the wax on the paint surface is such that it dust tends to stick to it - actually the article was talking about pollen. Pollen has hook like structures which stick to the wax layer. If you use a gentle wash or something like Optimum ONR you should get the sleekness back. The article mentioned that synthetic sealants on the other hand do not have this problem and the smoothness of the surface is retained for a longer period. Shall try to dig the article up. Rgds
Old 6th August 2010, 15:22   #2808
BHPian

Well it looks like rotary polisher but severely weak. - 110watt when a normal one will be 800-900 watts. You can perhaps do a wax job on a car with very good paint condition - with the design imagine using this on the roof of your car - but given the power, elbow grease may be a better option. It is not very expensive so you can give it a try - but keep your expectation to the minimum.
Rgds
Old 6th August 2010, 16:15   #2809
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Garipagol. Its a waxing machine!(Orbital Waxer/Wax spreader)

It has a sponge and a microfiber bonnet for applying and removing wax!
(SwirlX with orbital waxer? - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online)

---------------------------

I was thinking of getting a finishing polish! Currently I have Megs#205 in mind. Any other suggestions?(was also considering trying out Optimum PolishII and finish polish combo)

Any other finishing polishes to look out for?
Old 6th August 2010, 22:07   #2810
Senior - BHPian

Received my pack of collinite 845 with other goodies today.
Just in time for some weekend experiments.
Old 6th August 2010, 22:50   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Received my pack of collinite 845 with other goodies today.
Just in time for some weekend experiments.
I too received it yesterday along with one microfibre and lots of sachets of perfume which seem worthless. Microfibre seems good. Have to try Collinite on Sunday.
Old 7th August 2010, 14:17   #2812
BHPian

Waxpol Dashboard & Vinyl Polish

Got Waxpol Polish for the Dashboard & Vinyl today. I was in search of this polish since long as i used it earlier on my 800, it gave very good results , now going to try on my Dzire.

Had been polishing Dzires Interior with Armorall Dashboard & Vinyl Polish, but the results were not satisfactory.

Attaching Pics.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01756.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01757.jpg  

Old 7th August 2010, 21:17   #2813
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Had a fun time in the morning, a friend got a new car, a most tempting colour to do expert stuff on it. Man what crap happens at dealerships, the car was just laoded with contamination, just check the pic of the clay after it was used just over the roof, imagine what all was there on the entire car! This gives me a strong strong case to promote my paid services to all new car buyers, just a 3 hour session of washing, claying and sealant+wax and only Rs 2000
After claying, applied Klasse AIO and this was the first time used on a fresh surface as all my other applications were on cars that already had been treated with lots of effort. It was great, the polish really clears up things- but ZERO effect on the swirls, with hand application one can just forget even hiding them unless they are like tiny!
The surface becomes very smooth and shines post klasse, its a very useful cleaner polish, mild and easy to use indeed.
Next applied NXT, buffed off with the newly bought 3M micro( they are superb indeed and worth the cost they demand- no wonder all detailing centers use them and abuse them, they still go on)
The finish was amazing and thankfully got some sunlight to take a few pics.
Also thanks to the sun showing up, could take pics of my car post blackfire application( which was 2 days back) and the results are a sight to behold. Feast your eyes on the famous whiplash effect!! I am sure sohail will beat this with his meticulous efforts and capable photography( which i lack) but clearly BF wet diamond brings out a superb shine. Just wondering what will people say when they see the results post DA application!!!
(sorry this post has a lot of pics hence will load slooowly, but thought will give as much as possible for folks to know what is the difference blackfire/klasse make). The first 5 pics are my friends car, the next 5 are mine( have to put them in the next post)
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010243.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010246.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010253.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010254.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010261.jpg  

Old 7th August 2010, 21:47   #2814
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics of my car, Klasse AIO then Blackfire 3 coats, added a couple of coats of Collinite but did not like the shine so added a couple of thin layers of blackfire again. Also the surface was very well prepared with Megs UC and major pain in the body! The pics are taken in slightly cloudy conditions and you can clearly see the reflection of the buildings etc around even though the light was 80% good. Hope they are good enough.
MODS: Sorry for the back to back posts, wanted these pics to figure in a seperate post to avoid confusion between the cars figuring here( so please do not merge the posts)
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010272.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010275.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010279.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010282.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010286.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010292.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-07082010270.jpg  

Old 7th August 2010, 22:04   #2815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pics of my car, Klasse AIO then Blackfire 3 coats, added a couple of coats of Collinite but did not like the shine so added a couple of thin layers of blackfire again. Also the surface was very well prepared with Megs UC and major pain in the body! The pics are taken in slightly cloudy conditions and you can clearly see the reflection of the buildings etc around even though the light was 80% good. Hope they are good enough.
MODS: Sorry for the back to back posts, wanted these pics to figure in a seperate post to avoid confusion between the cars figuring here( so please do not merge the posts)
mkh - ANHC looks AN!
Old 7th August 2010, 22:18   #2816
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
mkh - ANHC looks AN!
thanks man, lots of effort, just prepared for a month long hiatus as cannot put in much effort for another month. The pics do not do justice, i need to learn the art of capturing the good work( like sohail) , also that needed to crop a few as the size was larger. The pics are better when seen on the local drive and also the cloudy conditions here in blr dont help at all
Old 7th August 2010, 22:59   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!! Totally awesome!!

The pic with Manza's bonnet is literally 'Whoa!'

Totally loved the reflection shot on ANHC's the roof!
this is like several notches above what professional detail centres here can manage, even with a rotary!

(Even though Manza's painjob s new and all, the finish on your ANHC's roof definitely has more depth to it(Carnauba?)

the level of attention to detail is just amazing! (only possible if the owner of the vehicle is detailing it! period)

Keep up the truly great work!!
its been a really looong time since I've seen such a 'properly' detailed vehicle like that!

---------------------------
I too will be starting from scratch(as in level0) on my i20 after the exams! will be trying a finishing polish with a DA(hopefully)

will post pics of before after stuff!
now my friend wants me to work on his car too(again a blue i20)! (I'm thinking of charging him! maybe recover some wax costs! lol)

Last edited by sohail99 : 7th August 2010 at 23:14.
Old 7th August 2010, 23:16   #2818
BHPian

Great work mkh! The shine is pure brilliance! And you are absolutely right about swirls. You can hide them, even remove them but they always come back.

I normally wax once a month and do a detailed detailing () once every six months. I have noticed that wax remains for a longer period on a properly prepared surface. e.g. in Feb this year, I used Meguiars Clay Kit for surface preparation, followed by Sonax polish for minor scratch and swirl removal, then Meguiars Cleaner Wax and finally Meguiars NXT on the top. To my surprise, this lasted 3 months. Excellent water-beading and sheeting and cleaning the car was very easy. Haven't had much time this summer, so I just wax once a month and a layer of NXT lasts me around a month.

Here is a quick pic i took today. It rained a lot and even after a month since i last applied NXT, the result is awesome. Sorry for the low quality image. Couldn't risk the cam out in rain.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image137.jpg

Last edited by thelord : 7th August 2010 at 23:18.
Old 8th August 2010, 00:30   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. This is indeed a wonderful result. 7 coats of wax? You are persistent !! Keep it up.

Rgds
Old 8th August 2010, 10:04   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
The pics are taken in slightly cloudy conditions and you can clearly see the reflection of the buildings etc around even though the light was 80% good. Hope they are good enough.
Hey MKH,

Your ANHC is AN. The quality of work is seriously good man. This will put the professional work to shame. Looks like you have a great business opportunity

Great job and keep up the good work but you make folks like us feel bad that we may not be doing enough.

I have a request for the guys of the thread Sohail, MKH, Garipagol. Can I request you one of you to post the typical steps you follow to get this shine including the products you folks use. This would be the best step by step Car Detailing for Dummies .

I don't have access to Meguiar's clay any suggestion on how can I procure them?

Cheers

Sateesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks