Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 00:18   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Ok thanks!

I think I should get one from US. Only problem is the one available from megs is not g220 but g110.
Old 13th April 2010, 20:16   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys! today I topped up my i20's wax coat with 'clear nanowax spray'

and the results were amazing!!

you wont believe but it actually hid minor swirls and blemishes!!!

my i20's bonnet was getting a lil' swirly and I tried nanowax spray on it and viola!! swirls gone!!

tried on other panels too and it literally made me smile at the results!

great if you want to temporarily hide the swirls(minor ones) and top up you base coat of wax!

(great as otherwise I'd have to abrade some clear to get the perfect swirl free finish etc.)

Last edited by sohail99 : 13th April 2010 at 20:22.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:14   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Hey guys! today I topped up my i20's wax coat with 'clear nanowax spray'

and the results were amazing!!

you wont believe but it actually hid minor swirls and blemishes!!!

my i20's bonnet was getting a lil' swirly and I tried nanowax spray on it and viola!! swirls gone!!

tried on other panels too and it literally made me smile at the results!

great if you want to temporarily hide the swirls(minor ones) and top up you base coat of wax!

(great as otherwise I'd have to abrade some clear to get the perfect swirl free finish etc.)
Eagle One?

By the way Sohail, I found your competitor. Divine Carz Spa in Gurgaon : Divine Carzspa, they use Meguiars.

The Paste Wax gives a tough time during summers. Any good Spray or Liquid Wax other than 3M?

Last edited by tsk13 : 13th April 2010 at 22:15.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:23   #2074
BHPian

Nice find TSK, Wish something like this was available in Chandigarh or Punjab
Old 13th April 2010, 22:49   #2075
Senior - BHPian

My gold class leather cleaner is delivered from 20North. Other items are still showing 'shipped by US Merchant'.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:53   #2076
BHPian

@TSK any update on prices etc ???
Old 13th April 2010, 23:06   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Eagle One?

By the way Sohail, I found your competitor. Divine Carz Spa in Gurgaon : Divine Carzspa, they use Meguiars.

The Paste Wax gives a tough time during summers. Any good Spray or Liquid Wax other than 3M?
Wow! their website is impressive! will check em out soon!

btw I don't detail other ppl's cars!

now a days, I have started seeing 'Formula1 Spray Wax' with the shops in Khan Mkt!
but I still think nanowax spray is better!

EDIT - Can we buy Megs stuff from them??(divine carz spa)

Last edited by sohail99 : 13th April 2010 at 23:09.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:10   #2078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Nice find TSK, Wish something like this was available in Chandigarh or Punjab
Gill Saab, they've a Center in Jallandhar.
Shop No 5, Laxmi Mkt ,
Nr Nehru Garden,
Station Road, Jalandhar
Ph. No.: +91-181-2459120

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
@TSK any update on prices etc ???
I've attached the price list. It seems we guys devoid of Meguiars in the local market finally found a savior.

Guys, the entire list of their centers is available at: Welcome to Carzspa
Attached Files
File Type: xls SERVICES RATE CHART FOR HOSTING.xls (30.5 KB, 712 views)
File Type: xls AMC Packages.xls (31.0 KB, 459 views)
Old 14th April 2010, 02:05   #2079
BHPian

Hey guys, Divine Carz Spa do stock a lot of Meguiars stuff but not everything. Mr Vijay Mendiratta is a very knowledgeable fellow there. I got in touch with him for a few Meguiars products. For Microfibre cloths, wash-mitts, polishing pads, they offer a great price but for Wax and other polishing products, the price is comparable to what 20north or other online US stores charge. But yes, you don't have to wait 20-30 days for your product.

I'd suggest that it would a better option to source products directly from US in bulk. I have used J & B Tool Sales couple of times and they are a great team and offer Meguiars stuff at great prices. If we order in bulk, perhaps we can convince them to use a 'specialized' shipping option like FedEx/UPS/DHL (would never recommend USPS to anyone!)

My car detailing kit presently contains

- Meguiars MicroFiber Wash Mitt/Polishing Pads
- Meguiars MicroFiber Cloth (*3) /Water Magnet Drying Towel (*2)
- Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit/ NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
- Sonax Car Polish
- Turtle Wax Platinum Shampoo
- Abel Auto Tyre Dressing

Detailed my 10 month old car in Feb 10' and the results were astonishing. Will try to post a complete review of the detailing process.

Till then, happy detailing!
Old 14th April 2010, 10:00   #2080
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Hey guys, Divine Carz Spa do stock a lot of Meguiars stuff but not everything. Mr Vijay Mendiratta is a very knowledgeable fellow there. I got in touch with him for a few Meguiars products. For Microfibre cloths, wash-mitts, polishing pads, they offer a great price but for Wax and other polishing products, the price is comparable to what 20north or other online US stores charge. But yes, you don't have to wait 20-30 days for your product.

I'd suggest that it would a better option to source products directly from US in bulk. I have used J & B Tool Sales couple of times and they are a great team and offer Meguiars stuff at great prices. If we order in bulk, perhaps we can convince them to use a 'specialized' shipping option like FedEx/UPS/DHL (would never recommend USPS to anyone!)
The price at whcih 20North gives is much higher than what online stores give in the US incl megs own site. Ex Liquid wax thru 20north is about Rs 1500+, which is about Rs 1100 at the most from online stores.
The carzspa outlets are franchisees of the main carzspa- they have all around the country and the use meguiars. Just get a small area tested first.
They procure all professional series from the US, not the DIY products.
Did you use J&B tool to ship to india? I doubt that, nothing will come for a price lesser than what 20north sells i feel as shipping will be high. I have asked sellers on ebay, and all need to pay the same shipping amount hence cost will be 50% higher than what we can get in the US :(

BTW- now it has started to rain in bangalore, water spots remain after that water dries off, any other way than to shampoo the car totally? I tried to use a really wet micro to wipe- but takes more wiping to remove those spots so did not want to take a chance. A shampoo wash, clears them, but will like to avoid using water frequently as here it may rain every 2nd day for the next 3-4 months!
Old 14th April 2010, 10:57   #2081
Senior - BHPian

^Abel Auto's Car wash waterless!
Old 14th April 2010, 11:15   #2082
BHPian

OT: Guys, Can you kindly help me where I can find micro fiber cloths in Eastern Bangalore. Not able to locate at any petrol pumps in here. Believe a couple of Bangalore guys bought the same.

Help with information please
Old 14th April 2010, 11:23   #2083
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
OT: Guys, Can you kindly help me where I can find micro fiber cloths in Eastern Bangalore. Not able to locate at any petrol pumps in here. Believe a couple of Bangalore guys bought the same.

Help with information please
Shell petrol pump on OMR has some from kimerbly clark for Rs 170. MORE on Outer Ring Road has a cheaper stuff, decent but not great, set of 4 for Rs 130.
What kind are you looking for btw? And how particular are you about the quality etc etc
Old 14th April 2010, 11:38   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
BTW- now it has started to rain in bangalore, water spots remain after that water dries off, any other way than to shampoo the car totally? I tried to use a really wet micro to wipe- but takes more wiping to remove those spots so did not want to take a chance. A shampoo wash, clears them, but will like to avoid using water frequently as here it may rain every 2nd day for the next 3-4 months!
I am eagerly waiting for some answers for your query.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:51   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Shell petrol pump on OMR has some from kimerbly clark for Rs 170. MORE on Outer Ring Road has a cheaper stuff, decent but not great, set of 4 for Rs 130.
What kind are you looking for btw? And how particular are you about the quality etc etc
Honey, I take 1 hour to polish my beauty with Turtle Hard Shell wax. I would like to have the best choice, yet other options can be explored.

Are you sure about MORE or SHELL ? Wouldn't mind taking a look.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks