Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 18:26   #1921
Senior - BHPian

nice one notorious - did you polish before waxing?

couple of pics of my drive after using megs cleaner wax

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc_4010.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc_4012.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc_4020.jpg

Last edited by blackasta : 21st March 2010 at 18:35.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:11   #1922
Senior - BHPian

Notorious, Great Results there BUT where did you source Tech Wax from?
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:34   #1923
BHPian

Anyone know where Jaino products are available in India ?
www.zainostore.com. They mention India as one of their Markets. They specialize in Show Car detailing products.

Regards
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:53   #1924
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
The Car(swift) is about 2.5 Yrs old white color.Last Nov. got the detailing done from 3m guys for 2.2k,even though the paint detailing was good but the interior left much to be desired.After going through last few pages of the thread, I realised I need the products like:-
1 Car wash shampoo
2 Fibre cloth for wash, polish
3 Polish
4 Wax
5 Interoir cleaning:- Seats, roof, plastic pannels,dash.(Cleaner and polish)
6 Rubing compound and swril marks removal.
Intially I was thinking of buying the machine polisher,but need presicion and can do more harm then good.So Now will buy products which can be used with hands.
I won't mind buying products which are available in India.
1. Car wash- the amway car wash is quite good, no harm to the hands, safe for environment( something that is imp to me) and does the job vv well.
2.Fibre Cloth- for wash and polish you can buy meguiars supreme shine. For drying you need a Chamois- viking or meguiars. Some micro are avail in india also.
3. Polish- this is usually not needed, only once in a while, Silicone Glaze is great for me. Meguiars has polish or has cleaner wax which is polish+wax.
4. Wax- 3M or Meguiars are the best. 3M paste wax, Meguiars NXT Paste wax.
5. Interior Cleaning- Check out 3M or Meguiars again. If you want even Turtle Wax platinum is great for dash and plastic, even Formula 1 sold here or Son of a Gun are great prods. For seats- if leather, then special leather cleaner( meguiars has one) or if art leather, then cleaning solution,
6. Rubbing Compound/Swirl remover- 3M and Meguiars have both. Meguiars Ultimate Compound or 3M Rubbing compound- both are great ones. If you got the 3M treatment done then all swirls should have gone. Did you notice what they used? They used the Rubbing Compound and 3M paste wax( show car) which can be bought from US only. Rubbing Compound should be used rarely, maybe once in a year only unless necessary
I will PM you on some more info - which is already repeated in my posts hence not putting it again.
Hope this helps
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:09   #1925
Senior - BHPian

Detailing gurus, I have a query. Any difference in approach is required while selecting and using car care products for solid, metallic and pearl finish paints?
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:16   #1926
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Detailing gurus, I have a query. Any difference in approach is required while selecting and using car care products for solid, metallic and pearl finish paints?
THAT is really a question for a guru! I do not think so- metallic and solid paint finish are the same when it comes to using car care prods, dunno about pearl finish.
However- did not ever see any diff stuff based on paint finish so maybe 90% accuracy to my answer- its all the same!
BTW- your handle poloman means you are buying the VW polo??
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:42   #1927
BHPian

Thank you all. glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Notorious, Great Results there BUT where did you source Tech Wax from?
got it from mkh , he has a spare lying with him.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:42   #1928
Senior - BHPian

mkh you are right on polo . i have booked a flash red polo. So looking for some detailing options for her. But is solid paint finish more prone to swirl marks than metallic?
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:48   #1929
BHPian

I feel metallic is more prone to swirl marks. Hence more care to be given ont he products that you choose as well as the way they are used on the car. For that matter even the wash process has to be meticulous to avoid the swirl marks. I have had black cars throughout and I know how tuff it is to maintain its sheen !
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:20   #1930
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
mkh you are right on polo . i have booked a flash red polo. So looking for some detailing options for her. But is solid paint finish more prone to swirl marks than metallic?
metallic looks better ,shines more and needs more care for sure. Swirls can appear on both but show up more on metallic. BTW - NOTHING is 100% swirl free, on a new car,against the halogen street light you can see swirls, i saw it on N number of new cars. Its the swirls that show up glaringly that we can avoid. use proper cloth and correct washing technique- nothing major will happen. If you look real close and examine it like a car expert, well then its tough to maintain to that level in our conditions.
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:29   #1931
BHPian

Rust-free rims

Hi Guys,
Recently got a shocker when I was cleaning my Ritzy, that one of the tyre rims at the back was rusted. Couldnt take a picture as I need to look deep into the wheel cap and then the black rim. Probably when I clean the car with water, it might have seeped inside and started to rust?

What can be a better solution to get them corrected and to avoid it in the future?
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:55   #1932
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi Guys,
Recently got a shocker when I was cleaning my Ritzy, that one of the tyre rims at the back was rusted. Couldnt take a picture as I need to look deep into the wheel cap and then the black rim. Probably when I clean the car with water, it might have seeped inside and started to rust?

What can be a better solution to get them corrected and to avoid it in the future?
IMO, I think what you are seeing rust on is the wheel drum and not the actual rims? This is rather common and is not much of a bother.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:03   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
IMO, I think what you are seeing rust on is the wheel drum and not the actual rims? This is rather common and is not much of a bother.

Thank God! , I only hope its the wheel drum... But if I get alloys will it be visible?,, or it comes off with the aluminium rims?
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:50   #1934
Senior - BHPian

If you are concerned about the rust

buy a can of clear coat and clear coat the area after scraping off the rust!

I bought a can of clear-coat myself!( brand - 'Bosny' for 220INR)
great for paint correction and clear coating stuff!

@Notorious - Great job man!! Wait for 12hrs and top it with a second coat if you feel like it!

@blackasta - Amazing black shine man!!

btw I read somewhere that "Black car is not a hobby, its a full time job!"

quite true for darker shades I guess!

Last edited by sohail99 : 22nd March 2010 at 21:02.
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:12   #1935
BANNED

Ordered turtle wax and meg detailer on 20north which is offering free shipping for select items till 25th Mar. Also ordered cadio(?) waxing & polishing machine on ebay.in
Former may take 21-30 days to arrive while later should reach me by end of this week.

Vijay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks