Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 11:58   #1891
J.Ravi

Thanks, blackasta, for the quickest response.

Old 17th March 2010, 12:23   #1892
mkh
Senior - BHPian

I talked to the lady and she asked me send the details.
What i see is that ANY CAR CARE product you try to buy- the shipping+surcharge using DUTY free option is really high even after the waiver.
However you try any thing else- electronics, perfumes, almost ALL The shipping is getting waived off
Apple Ipod Touch 8GB is about $195- while its about $175 from the USA. Paying 1000rs more is not that bad a deal!
I guess this maybe - so gotta stop on other items. Car care - dunno whats the issue.
@BlackAsta- relying on you pal to buy me the Detailer at Rs 419!
Lemme know if i can PM my address to you?
Old 17th March 2010, 12:26   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I talked to the lady and she asked me send the details.
What i see is that ANY CAR CARE product you try to buy- the shipping+surcharge using DUTY free option is really high even after the waiver.
However you try any thing else- electronics, perfumes, almost ALL The shipping is getting waived off
Apple Ipod Touch 8GB is about $195- while its about $175 from the USA. Paying 1000rs more is not that bad a deal!
I guess this maybe - so gotta stop on other items. Car care - dunno whats the issue.
@BlackAsta- relying on you pal to buy me the Detailer at Rs 419!
Lemme know if i can PM my address to you?
Sure thing. Just pm me your mailing address and your email address. Also, would you like me to receive all the items and then me shipping to your address, or that I separately order 1 item for you from 20north and ship it to your address?
Old 18th March 2010, 10:44   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Seriously if you are getting it for Rs 419.00 ...
@ mkh

I have an another interesting problem. It was costing 419.00 yesterday and today it costs me 471

This is the worst site I have ever visited.

Damn these guys
Old 18th March 2010, 10:51   #1895
BHPian

Until yesterday, surcharges were getting waived in addition to shipping. This was an error and has been rectified by 20north. This is also why prices seem to have gone up.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:35   #1896
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Until yesterday, surcharges were getting waived in addition to shipping. This was an error and has been rectified by 20north. This is also why prices seem to have gone up.
yeah thanks to yours truly- i told them about the error in other amounts, did not know that this was also there in the error:(, should have kept quite!!!!
Old 18th March 2010, 14:43   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah thanks to yours truly- i told them about the error in other amounts, did not know that this was also there in the error:(, should have kept quite!!!!
Ya - I ordered around $100 worth of goodies with increased price and free shipping+duty free (but strangely the invoice said that I am eligible for 14 days shipping!!).
@ mkh - I sent you an email, please check and let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by blackasta : 18th March 2010 at 14:44.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:40   #1898
BHPian

This is seriously shady, earlier items which had ordered have been converted to paid shipping, its just a ploy from them to get more customers and they are converting items we buy to paid shipping.

Good thing I purchased earlier
Old 18th March 2010, 18:33   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Ya - I ordered around $100 worth of goodies with increased price and free shipping+duty free (but strangely the invoice said that I am eligible for 14 days shipping!!).
@ mkh - I sent you an email, please check and let me know your thoughts.
It says there that if the total weight of the ordered stuff is more than a particlar limit, it all gets converted to 14 day express shipping for free!!

btw bought a pure carnuba wax today!

Will try out how the 'Fire on Ice' finish looks on my i20!!
(Includes cleaning paintwork, Paint sealant----Curing(takes~12 hrs)----Topped up with a pure carnuba wax.)

Will post pics!
Old 18th March 2010, 19:44   #1900
BHPian

I have a Hyundai Accent 2008 which has Fabric seat covers. The seat covers are quite dirty now and need cleaning. I had given it to Capital Hyundai but did not get expected results from them. I have not found any other interior car detailing outlet in Noida/Ghaziabad so thought of doing it myself. Is there any product available in the market that I can use to clean the fabric seat covers of my car?
The seat covers are the ones that are mentioned in Europa Dotted Car Seat Covers,Europa Panther Car Seat Covers,Europa Snake Car Seat Covers
Old 18th March 2010, 20:42   #1901
Senior - BHPian

I used TurtleWax Interior1 upholstery cleaner on my dad's Accent!

It worked great!
The dash and seats were in a crappy condition!

Interior1 restored the 'like new' look, apart from the plastic chips on the dashboard!(as dad's accent is quite old)

For isolated spots you can try using a little bit of liquid detergent in water(enough to produce a lather)

you might need a brush(any old toothbrush will do if the spots are really isolated!)
Old 18th March 2010, 20:53   #1902
Senior - BHPian

After going through this thread and suggestions from @akshayb, got couple of Meg items from US in my last visit.
Tried the Tech Wax on my Car and Bike, its really very good. I used on my Bike last week and i can notice how little the dust settles on it now. All it needs now is one wipe from the car duster and its back to its shine.
Thanks a lot to @akshayb and all you folks for valuable suggestions you give here.
Old 18th March 2010, 23:38   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

(Includes cleaning paintwork, Paint sealant----Curing(takes~12 hrs)----Topped up with a pure carnuba wax.)

Will post pics!
Which one?

Quote:
I used TurtleWax Interior1 upholstery cleaner on my dad's Accent!

It worked great!
The dash and seats were in a crappy condition!

Interior1 restored the 'like new' look, apart from the plastic chips on the dashboard!(as dad's accent is quite old)
Is this Interior 1 capable of removing dirt from plastic panels?
Old 18th March 2010, 23:43   #1904
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It says there that if the total weight of the ordered stuff is more than a particlar limit, it all gets converted to 14 day express shipping for free!!

Will post pics!
explain more on this, what is this you are telling here? what is curing? and what product? u got me confused! man you are a complete pro now
Old 19th March 2010, 00:15   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Which one?

Is this Interior 1 capable of removing dirt from plastic panels?
Formula1 Gold Carnuba wax(I heard that its a pure wax without cleaners of any sorts)

Its identical to 'Kit' brand wax, which is sold as 'Formula1' world over! - Kit Carnauba Gold Car Wax, hidden star on the consumer shelves? - Autopia.org

and yea! Interior1 does a great job of removing dirt from the plastic panels!(as it has a in-built brush on the aerosol can!)

Quote:
explain more on this, what is this you are telling here? what is curing? and what product? u got me confused! man you are a complete pro now
I'll seal with NXT TechWax(sealant) and wait for the sealant to 'cure'(basically for the sealant polymers to set up properly.
Ideal T for 'curing' under ideal conditions =12hrs)

Then I'll top NXT with F1 Gold carnuba wax!

(I got this idea from Blackfire's kit that they call 'Fire on Ice'
in that they use blackfire's paint sealant and after 'curing', they top it with a carnuba wax!)

(The way they explained the final finish really sounded impressive!
So wanna check it out with what all stuff I have available here!)

Last edited by sohail99 : 19th March 2010 at 00:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks