Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 23:08   #1876
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
20North is asking for $75.01 all inclusive (free shipping) for 8 products. The same stuff when I am selecting on amazon is showing $69.37 + shipping. Do you guys suggest getting the stuff in this free shipping window from 20North?
what all did you order man? I found very little that is equal or less than the US prices.
From car care- as akshay told, found only Detailer useful and matching price a little, the rest are way up
BTW you gotta choose the option of buying WITH DUTY to get complete shipping off- strange
The most irritating part is that they have no option to list all the items which have free shipping in a category- what a waste

Last edited by mkh : 16th March 2010 at 23:11.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:12   #1877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
list the items here .
1.Meguiar's G12310 PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish -10 oz. Rs.414 1 Rs.414
2.Meguiar's G10307 Scratch X 2.0 Rs.466 1 Rs.466
3.Meguiar's G-7214 Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Rs.415 1 Rs.415
4.Meguiar's X2000 Water Magnet Drying Towel Rs.413 1 Rs.413
5.Meguiar's X3080 EvenCoat Applicator - Pack of 2 Rs.256 1 Rs.256
6.Meguiar's G14422 Ultimate Quick Detailer Rs.419 1 Rs.419
7.Meguiar's G1900K Headlight and Clear Plastic Restoration Kit Rs.941 1 Rs.941
8.Meguiar's G17616 SwirlX Rs.314 1 Rs.314
Old 16th March 2010, 23:14   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
what all did you order man? I found very little that is equal or less than the US prices.
From car care- as akshay told, found only Detailer useful and matching price a little, the rest are way up
BTW you gotta choose the option of buying WITH DUTY to get complete shipping off- strange
The most irritating part is that they have no option to list all the items which have free shipping in a category- what a waste
Posted my selection above.
You can buy duty free for free shipping also - just gotta ship it as a gift (guess I have to choose my dad) and pay in USD.

So is it worth getting? 20North is safe right? I know sohail99 got some stuff from 20North - what courier do they use?

Last edited by blackasta : 16th March 2010 at 23:15.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:39   #1879
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Posted my selection above.
You can buy duty free for free shipping also - just gotta ship it as a gift (guess I have to choose my dad) and pay in USD.

So is it worth getting? 20North is safe right? I know sohail99 got some stuff from 20North - what courier do they use?
I do not know whats wrong- when i choose the duty free shipping option, all the shipping does not come free. And the Ultimate Quick Detailer is Rs 538.00 and not 419.00. How come you are getting for 419???
Did you go to the FINAL step of payment and check the amount OR are you seeing only the shopping cart? Go and select address, payment mode and go till the LAST step where have to enter card details- then you will know correct price- check the pic, 1st with duty free, 2nd without
Also i am sceptical that with SO MANY orders, the items will come in a long long time. As it is, 21-30 days, with this extra load, hope they do not mess up
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20north.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20north2.gif  

Last edited by mkh : 16th March 2010 at 23:52.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:46   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh;1786364[B
]I do not know whats wrong- when i choose the duty free shipping option, all the shipping does not come free. And the Ultimate Quick Detailer is Rs 538.00 and not 419.00. How come you are getting for 419???[/b]
Did you go to the FINAL step of payment and check the amount OR are you seeing only the shopping cart? Go and select address, payment mode and go till the LAST step where have to enter card details- then you will know correct price
Also i am sceptical that with SO MANY orders, the items will come in a long long time. As it is, 21-30 days, with this extra load, hope they do not mess up
Try internet explorer. I was getting unexpected results with google chrome.
Paypal is asking for the same amount ($ 75.01) from me. I cancelled and came back to the payment screen of 20North for now.
Even I am worried about the 6 bottles and the other stuff shipping. Hope they use a standard courier (DTDC at least)
Old 17th March 2010, 00:05   #1881
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try internet explorer. I was getting unexpected results with google chrome.
Paypal is asking for the same amount ($ 75.01) from me. I cancelled and came back to the payment screen of 20North for now.
Even I am worried about the 6 bottles and the other stuff shipping. Hope they use a standard courier (DTDC at least)
was using firefox- did the same with IE and shows me the same! this is really strange- if Ultimate Quick Detailer shows up as Rs 419.00 for you- order 2 for me and i will pay you
Old 17th March 2010, 00:13   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
was using firefox- did the same with IE and shows me the same! this is really strange- if Ultimate Quick Detailer shows up as Rs 419.00 for you- order 2 for me and i will pay you
I sure can get 2 and ship one to you - but try ordering just the quick detailer for the sake of trying. I guess the wax in the shopping cart may trigger some exception scenario. Also, I am paying duty free price in USD via paypal - that may have an effect too.
Old 17th March 2010, 00:23   #1883
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I sure can get 2 and ship one to you - but try ordering just the quick detailer for the sake of trying. I guess the wax in the shopping cart may trigger some exception scenario. Also, I am paying duty free price in USD via paypal - that may have an effect too.
really strange- the total of shipping using the Duty free is Rs 1730- ONLY for Detailer. The amount that gets deducted using coupon is only about Rs 350- which is the shipping amount using NON GIFT method. I think they are deducting the lowest shipping cost only.
I tried putting only the detailer- asked akshay to do the same, did not work.
I just tried with ANOTHER product and for that the ENTIRE shipping got deducted from the total using the GIFT method, i think something is really messed up, will try from my office PC tomorrow to see.
Seriously if you are getting it for Rs 419.00- please order as gift for me, i can give you the address and the money. I think akshay will also like something

Last edited by mkh : 17th March 2010 at 00:29.
Old 17th March 2010, 00:57   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
really strange- the total of shipping using the Duty free is Rs 1730- ONLY for Detailer. The amount that gets deducted using coupon is only about Rs 350- which is the shipping amount using NON GIFT method. I think they are deducting the lowest shipping cost only.
I tried putting only the detailer- asked akshay to do the same, did not work.
I just tried with ANOTHER product and for that the ENTIRE shipping got deducted from the total using the GIFT method, i think something is really messed up, will try from my office PC tomorrow to see.
Seriously if you are getting it for Rs 419.00- please order as gift for me, i can give you the address and the money. I think akshay will also like something

Its too late today, so I am gonna order tomorrow from my home after returning from office (office PC is really slow sometimes due to web filtering policies).
Old 17th March 2010, 01:29   #1885
BHPian

I have ordered 3 products and the gift price never worked, had to order it with duty and then the deduction in shipping cost was given.
Old 17th March 2010, 09:14   #1886
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1head View Post
I have ordered 3 products and the gift price never worked, had to order it with duty and then the deduction in shipping cost was given.
Its working strange- i had put a WD HDD and the ENTIRE shipping got removed for Duty free. However for the detailer only Rs 300 is getting deducted, for another product almost 1700(of rs 2000), its all some logic which is beyond comprehension. Need to call them and ask what is this really!
Old 17th March 2010, 11:09   #1887
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its working strange- i had put a WD HDD and the ENTIRE shipping got removed for Duty free. However for the detailer only Rs 300 is getting deducted, for another product almost 1700(of rs 2000), its all some logic which is beyond comprehension. Need to call them and ask what is this really!
Talked to someone in 20 North now and explained her all this. Even she said she has been noticing a few "strange" occurances
Man i need to meet up with the QA head of this site, maybe replace him with myself
If at all they give me that job- will not mind making some "errors" for TBHP members
Weird is the right word
1. IN the item (Ultimate Detailer) shows Shipping as Rs 200 odd for both Gift and Non Gift
2. Add to cart and the shipping increases, goes to Rs 1730 for Gift. Paying 1730 shipping for a 400 rs item, never seen that before!
3. Finally when the checkout stage, the shipping waiver given is only Rs 300 odd.
Its all messed up i think. They have not tested and put proper checks to accommodate this shipping waiver for sure.
Old 17th March 2010, 11:17   #1888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Talked to someone in 20 North now and explained her all this. Even she said she has been noticing a few "strange" occurances
Man i need to meet up with the QA head of this site, maybe replace him with myself
If at all they give me that job- will not mind making some "errors" for TBHP members
Weird is the right word
1. IN the item (Ultimate Detailer) shows Shipping as Rs 200 odd for both Gift and Non Gift
2. Add to cart and the shipping increases, goes to Rs 1730 for Gift. Paying 1730 shipping for a 400 rs item, never seen that before!
3. Finally when the checkout stage, the shipping waiver given is only Rs 300 odd.
Its all messed up i think. They have not tested and put proper checks to accommodate this shipping waiver for sure.
Someone skipped their job and did only happy path testing!
Old 17th March 2010, 11:51   #1889
J.Ravi

There is something fishy in 20north.com. For the same item under non-gift category, it shows duty plus some shipping charges, but under gift category, it shows zero duty plus more shipping charges with added surcharge, on the whole, making the cost of non-gift category less than that of gift category. When it is added to the cart, the shipping charges change. I smelt a rat and did not do that transaction. Earlier, I had ordered Gorilla Pod Go Go. After a week or so, the transaction got cancelled and amount refunded, stating that the particular product was out of stock, or something to that effect.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 17th March 2010 at 11:54.

Old 17th March 2010, 11:54   #1890
Senior - BHPian

@J.Ravi

More than being fishy (intentional trapdoors etc), I guess their website is a bit unstable and not properly QA certified.

Last edited by blackasta : 17th March 2010 at 12:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks