Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 22:15   #1816
BHPian

@blackasta : Tried calling their numbers ????

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 9th March 2010 at 22:20.
Old 9th March 2010, 22:35   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
@blackasta : Tried calling their numbers ????
Unfortunately - No. I tend to forget every day. I shall positively try tomorrow.
Old 9th March 2010, 23:20   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
THAT is really innovative! Kudos to you!
Checked the brand, it is COLLONIL Classic clean and care from Germany.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:13   #1819
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday near Marathahalli something very rare happened( for me-never happened). The omnipresent idiot in a 3-wheeler just out of the blue came from my left and tried to get in the space ahead of me. The moron clipped my left rear view giving me a huge scare. I wished i had Munna Bhai with me( or was one) and could give him a scare back with my revolver, but what to do
I stopped and saw - there was no impact he made with the side door and the minor blemish on the rear view was ok to digest.
However when i was cleaning the car in the morning- saw that a decent scratch, black marks, were made on the running board- above the wheel. It was heart breaking as the car is just 5 months old!!!
I got out the MEGUIARS SCRATCH X 2.0 and rubbed that on the marks, and MAGIC!!!!
The minor scratches are gone- little elbow grease and went away in a jiffy leaving the surface clear
SCRATCH X ROCKS!!!
Wonder what meguiars is thinking- going by the way our roads are, this product will sell in tons to those who care about their cars...they must bring this soon.
Sorry could not post pics-wanted to, but in my anxiety, forgot.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:30   #1820
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that nothing major happened.

I have droped my car for second service today and asked 3M people to do interior detailing, let me see how it is. They charge 1K at dealer and Rs.700-800 at your home.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:19   #1821
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Good to hear that nothing major happened.

I have droped my car for second service today and asked 3M people to do interior detailing, let me see how it is. They charge 1K at dealer and Rs.700-800 at your home.
They do at your home also? Thats news, strange in fact as they claim to be only operating at the dealer!
Old 10th March 2010, 17:06   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Wonderbrands has been heavily advertising a product called Dentking on TV. It offers it for 2490 and is offering Scratchout Pro Pen free with it. Anyone tried it? I have a very small dent of about 5 cms which i guess can be removed by this product. Also some small superficial scratches. But I think 2490 is a big amount to spend for this. If anyone has tried it, please post your review.
They are offering 10% discount on the website with no freebies.
http://wonderbrands.org/Products.aspx?Action=Pr&Id=485
Old 10th March 2010, 17:10   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They do at your home also? Thats news, strange in fact as they claim to be only operating at the dealer!
Sorry for not giving full information. Home service is not by 3M but their employees do it on weekends to earn few extra bucks!. Since I am busy even on weekends opted for dealer.
Old 10th March 2010, 19:22   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Got my car back after interior cleaning by 3M. They charged 1065 including taxes and service charges. They left atleast 6-7 places (on door, dash etc) untouched and had to show them one by one to get it cleaned. Not worth the money you pay, DIY (or DIM) from next time onwards.
Old 10th March 2010, 22:30   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
BTW now i suggest you use Spray Wax and a good Detailer to maintain it, no more waxing till another month minimum, over waxing is not good too.
At this rate you will run out of your wax and micro fibers very soon, i can be your supplier once again so lemme know when to ship the next consignment across!.
can we make a quick detailer at home with turtle wax or formula 1 wax ???
Old 10th March 2010, 23:43   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
can we make a quick detailer at home with turtle wax or formula 1 wax ???
And how do you plan to do it? Detailers contain detergent, lubricating agents and wax.
Old 11th March 2010, 09:12   #1827
BHPian

OT: Polish / Wax for Black Activa

Hi Guys

Need help.

I am using Turtle hard wax for my car and I am very happy with the results. Seeing the outcome of waxing the car, my wife wants me to get a polish/wax for her BLACK ACTIVA.

Can anyone suggest me a good wax for the two wheelers please. Believe the body panels are fibre and Turtle wax might not be suitable for the same

Thanks a ton
Old 11th March 2010, 10:27   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
I got out the MEGUIARS SCRATCH X 2.0 and rubbed that on the marks, and MAGIC!!!!
The minor scratches are gone- little elbow grease and went away in a jiffy leaving the surface clear
SCRATCH X ROCKS!!!
Where did you pick up the Scratch X ? And have you tried the ultimate compound ? I was told that the Ultimate compound is even better

Cheers

Sateesh
Old 11th March 2010, 12:06   #1829
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Where did you pick up the Scratch X ? And have you tried the ultimate compound ? I was told that the Ultimate compound is even better

Cheers

Sateesh
Same place as got the rest of the stuff, US of A
BTW the stuff i got this time- got my bottle of UC also, in fact had taken both out to see which will work, the first one did so kept UC for the tougher scratches, will try this weekend on some in the older car!
Old 11th March 2010, 18:01   #1830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Hi Guys

Need help.

I am using Turtle hard wax for my car and I am very happy with the results. Seeing the outcome of waxing the car, my wife wants me to get a polish/wax for her BLACK ACTIVA.

Can anyone suggest me a good wax for the two wheelers please. Believe the body panels are fibre and Turtle wax might not be suitable for the same

Thanks a ton
As long as the panels look like the normal painted stuff, wax should work find on it. I use Turtle Wax on both my bikes ...and on the plastic side panels, fairing, etc. On the plastic parts (non painted surface), fairing visor, speedo, etc. I use F1 Dashboard cleaner.

In any case, I don't think there is a dedicated product for use on plastic/ABS parts which have normal paint like surface.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks