Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 18:56   #1696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

btw I need to prepare my i20 for the upcoming 'Hyundai Miles and Smiles' rally on 21st Feb
!
Hey could you throw some light on 'hyundai miles and smiles'?
Old 21st February 2010, 17:46   #1697
BHPian

Has anyone here used the Quixx Paint Scratch Remover? According the following video, it is best scratch remover in the market.
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:56   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Hey could you throw some light on 'hyundai miles and smiles'?
Some Info Via Google

Quote:
The excitement never stops at Hyundai Motor (HMIL), as was evident at the ‘Miles & Smiles Rally 2010’ organized by HMIL for the ‘uber cool’ customers of the i20 in Delhi.

Covering a distance of approximately 81 kms, the rally was flagged off from New Friends Colony and culminated at the same point.
Sponsored by the Indian Oil Corporation Limited and Wynn’s Mekuba (as associate sponsor), the rally garnered a phenomenal response with as many as eighty (80) Hyundai i20 cars – both 1.2 litre Petrol and 1.4 litre Diesel variant - customers and their families participating with gusto.
The ‘Miles & Smiles Rally’ is a special initiative of HMIL to help its customers in different cities to acquaint themselves better with their cars – learn the techniques of fuel efficient driving, calculate the mileage per litre and also win exciting prizes in the process.
The rally also aims at raising the awareness about the judicious use of the scarce fossil fuels, by promoting fuel efficient driving habits among customers. Speaking on the occasion, Arvind Saxena, Director, Marketing & Sales, HMIL, said, “We organize the ‘Miles & Smiles Rally’ every year, as we believe that our role as an automobile manufacturer also includes imparting techniques of fuel-efficient driving to our customers”. </I></B>
Source
Old 24th February 2010, 11:00   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just came across this website www.com-paint.com to remove scratches on your car when I was trying to find a paint/scratch remover for my vehicle. Though of sharing it. Don't know how much it will help you all. Just check the video and try this. The cost is around 300/- and is available in almost all the colors.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:12   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Guys, just came across this website www.com-paint.com to remove scratches on your car when I was trying to find a paint/scratch remover for my vehicle. Though of sharing it. Don't know how much it will help you all. Just check the video and try this. The cost is around 300/- and is available in almost all the colors.

Buddy,
I have been using a lot of products from com-paint and its a . ASpart from the scratch removal paint, you can also try the tyre gloss, Dashboard shiner, etc. Its a VFM. The Top cut paste you get from them really helps minute scratches to disappear.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:26   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot @funny. It is good to know that atleast you have tried and got superb results. I will also use this and will give the feedback.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:00   #1702
BHPian

Just some issue on com-paint, I had used it on my old maruti in 1990s and it was horrible, the colour never matched with factory colour and looked like 'dhabbas'

Please check on concealed area for colour matching.
Old 25th February 2010, 18:21   #1703
Senior - BHPian

My friend who has an old 800(white) used com paint to cover up scratches just like that!(no surface prep!!)

Result - the newly painted patch stands out as compared to a slightly creamy-white color of the rest of the panel!(+ excessive paint trails also dried while they were flowing down the panel!!)

worst of all, loads of dust and stuff embedded in the dried paint!(seriously needs some proper sanding job)

Looks odd, but he's ok with it! (will persuade him to let me correct it! )

Last edited by sohail99 : 25th February 2010 at 18:26.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:41   #1704
BHPian

I have an eight years old white Maruti 800.

My query relates to the way to handle the scratches the body of a car acquires in today's traffic.

When the car gets scratched even at a more prominent place (let's say the door panel) is it wise to leave it as it is.

Or should we get worked up every time there is an iota of damage.

Which is the best way to treat everyday scratches which do not justify repainting of the entire panel.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:57   #1705
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Which is the best way to treat everyday scratches which do not justify repainting of the entire panel.
IMO, the best thing to do for small scratches (can be touched up to an extent) and dents is to let them be. You run the risk of ruining the finish of the remaining part of the panel if the job is botched up. Also, if you are repainting a whole door for the sake of one small scratch, you run the risk of the color not matching properly.

If you drive well and park in not-so-risky (this is debatable in our crowded cities ) areas, you will save your car from a lot of scratches
Old 26th February 2010, 16:57   #1706
BHPian

We all love our cars and hate to see any injury, however minor, inflicted to it.

But (Yes Yes, Sam Kapasi. I know it is bad English) sometimes something bad like a minor scratch exposing the steel of the body does happen.

What should we do to protect the car's body from corrosion when the body's steep plate is exposed due to a small but deep scratch.

Any DIY remedy available?
Old 26th February 2010, 18:02   #1707
Senior - BHPian

I guess the best trade off would be to go for paint job once a year for the affected panel. Today 2K paints retain lustre for many years provided they are washed and waxed regularly, so I guess brand new color in 1 panel and faded color in other panels should not be the case.

@skdking
There is a putty available (kind of grey colored one) that can be applied to bare metal (looks horrible though). you can enquire the roadside tiker shops.
Old 27th February 2010, 00:40   #1708
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry about Sir Kapasi scolding you, I've never spotted his presence here.
Old 27th February 2010, 19:46   #1709
BHPian

Okay, so I know this is a "car" thread but aesthetically maintaining a vehicle can include your 2 wheeler too!
So, here I am with a comprehensive pictorial of what I did after my exams were over! Gave my three year old baby a bath.
This is my Pulsar 200, 3 years old (nearly), carefully maintained by me, Abhinav Sharma.
The pics below are before washing, dusting anything!
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01443.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01445.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01446.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01447.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01448.jpg  

Old 27th February 2010, 19:49   #1710
BHPian

The pics below are after washing the bike with Amway car wash.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01450.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01452.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01453.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01454.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01455.jpg  

Most Viewed