Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:27   #1606
BHPian

Anjali Chemicals - Car Care Products

Today i took my car to the BP Petrol Pump near Bagmane Tech Park for fueling. There some 'Anjali Chemicals' have set up a showcase for their car care products. They demonstrated some scratch removal solution to remove some ugly little scratches (courtesy road-side-parking in my home, car-cleaner boy..) and a vinyl, dashboard polish and a scratch-guard solution (it adds a shine to the paint surface akin to waxing and it can be used on windshield also). The kit containing all these 3 items along with a sponge is sold for 525/-
I liked the products demonstrated and wanted to give it a try and hence bought them. Will try them when i get time today and tomorrow and update this thread with results. If they work well, they are a good VFM at that price point i would think.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:35   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_mouli View Post
Will try them when i get time today and tomorrow and update this thread with results. If they work well, they are a good VFM at that price point i would think.
I tried the multi purpose shine foam on my car windshield. My car windshield had a number of swirl marks created over the years and it used to affect my night time driving to some extent because of high glare and reflection though i have put on Garware Icecool Shield. After applying this shiner i could feel a considerable improvement in vision. The glare because of the swirl marks have become very very less now. So +1 to this single product. Will try out the scratch remover and Vinyl/Rubber shiner and update again by this weekend.
Old 4th February 2010, 08:40   #1608
BANNED

Quote:
Today i took my car to the BP Petrol Pump near Bagmane Tech Park for fueling. There some 'Anjali Chemicals' have set up a showcase for their car care products. They demonstrated some scratch removal solution to remove some ugly little scratches (courtesy road-side-parking in my home, car-cleaner boy..) and a vinyl, dashboard polish and a scratch-guard solution (it adds a shine to the paint surface akin to waxing and it can be used on windshield also). The kit containing all these 3 items along with a sponge is sold for 525/-
I liked the products demonstrated and wanted to give it a try and hence bought them. Will try them when i get time today and tomorrow and update this thread with results. If they work well, they are a good VFM at that price point i would think.

Mouli, you have paid almost double the price. If you have bargained with them, then they might have given it to you for approx. Rs. 300/-. I bought similar products from a Delhi based company at Deve Gowda Petrol Bunk sometime back, consisting of Car Shampoo, Polish, Stain Guard to remove paint stains, Dash Board polish and Sponge and paid rs. 250/-.

Further, I'm looking for RainX or Aquapel - Rain repellent solution. Can anyone help me in finding the place in Bangalroe where I can buy it. I need complete details and location with contact details as I've already searched J.C. Road, all Maruti and Tata Dealers and no one is aware of such items.
Old 4th February 2010, 12:21   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today i took my car to the BP Petrol Pump near Bagmane Tech Park for fueling.
i think that's a HP gas station, not BP. i know coz i rarely fill up gas there (only when i'm really low on fuel), i go to BP stations only
Old 4th February 2010, 13:53   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
BTW:
3m Sells a cloth that is ONLY for the industrial usage- their detailing centers. Its a superb one- the centers use it daily, wash it and the cloth lasts about 3 months( was told by the center)
The cloth sells for Rs 2000 for 6 of them...and not sold outside...
Have a friend who can source ...PM me if anyone would like one...go to a 3M detailing center and see it
Hi MKH,

Would you be able to post the dimensions of the 3M microfiber ?

I am sure you are aware of the INR 99/- 3M microfibre which is either blue or yellow in color.

Wanted to make sure that this isn't the same.

Cheers

Sateesh
Old 4th February 2010, 14:38   #1611
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Hi MKH,

Would you be able to post the dimensions of the 3M microfiber ?

I am sure you are aware of the INR 99/- 3M microfibre which is either blue or yellow in color.

Wanted to make sure that this isn't the same.

Cheers

Sateesh
check the pics posted- however the dimension is 16x16- its not the same as the yellow cloth. I have both of them in fact
The yellow one i saw is vv good for removing dust...its not good for detailing as its thick and does not run smoothly. This one is great for detailing, removing wax, wiping and even using dry...esp good over glass when little damp.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:51   #1612
Team-BHP Support

Over the Republic day long weekend, I applied T cut on the light scratches, got the Skoda professionally washed and brought it home. Used the Jopusa duster and then proceeded to clay the car down. I did each panel, applied Autogym super resin polish hich seals th paint. Started on the next panel then went back to previous panel and polished it off. It relieved the monotony.

Finished by applying autoglym super gloss to add the wet look. Three hours later, car looks good and stands up to the lousy washing of my watchman. Besides it seems to repel dust settling. I also use the duster on the car when I get home so minimal dust when getting cleaned up.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:35   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Mouli, you have paid almost double the price. If you have bargained with them, then they might have given it to you for approx. Rs. 300/-. I bought similar products from a Delhi based company at Deve Gowda Petrol Bunk sometime back, consisting of Car Shampoo, Polish, Stain Guard to remove paint stains, Dash Board polish and Sponge and paid rs. 250/-.
Ya i should have done some bargaining now that you mention it
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i think that's a HP gas station, not BP. i know coz i rarely fill up gas there (only when i'm really low on fuel), i go to BP stations only
Yes. It is HP and not BP. I normally fuel on IOC pumps and this one i use once in a while.
Old 5th February 2010, 20:58   #1614
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I've heard the Metallic Car Polish from Formula 1 does wonder to the car and develops an outstanding gloss. Since many of the F1 products aren't genuine or whatever, what solutions do we have for getting a good shine?

Moreover Sohail99, please tell us your entire detailing kit. And I got Turtle Paste Wax today from Joy Auto Centre, Khan Market at MRP (Rs.240), no discounts :(. Prior to this one shop was selling me this wax with Xenos sticker or some other sticker removed for 350 bucks but as I remembered the rate posted by either you or Notorious I made an excuse.

I'm eager to have the Gloss which Sohail's i20 has on my 3 year old Xing.
Old 6th February 2010, 20:23   #1615
BHPian

I saw an over exaggerated car care product on Tele Mall on TV which costs 2999+P&H, A video demo of the product was shown by pouring gallons of paint and hot road tar on the car's surface which was removed just by spraying water! Thanks to video editing softwares.

I saw the same thing on amazon for 7.99USD!
Amazon.com: Simoniz 17108 Liquid Diamond Motorized Spray Polish (32-Ounces): Automotive

Do they think people really believe that?
Old 7th February 2010, 00:13   #1616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
....And I got Turtle Paste Wax today from Joy Auto Centre, Khan Market at MRP (Rs.240), no discounts :(. Prior to this one shop was selling me this wax with Xenos sticker or some other sticker removed for 350 bucks.....
This sticker removing business seems to have caught on even in Blr. A week back I went to an accessories shop on Residency Rd (just after Purple Haze). This joker had removed the stickers and was charging Rs. 350 for TW hardshell. I walked out.
Old 7th February 2010, 00:56   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Cheap tricks. Thank God we're into this forum else we would be happily carrying an overpriced Turtle Wax.

But please let me know what kind of Instant Detailers other than F1 can be used to give a quick ultimate shine?
Old 7th February 2010, 15:43   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Today I kinda detailed my i20 a little!
(somehow pics are not that great!)

Procedure -
  • Washed via 'Abel auto's Car Wash waterless'
  • Glazed (DuPont Highlighting Glaze)
  • Waxed (Megs NXT Tech Wax 2.0)
  • Plastics and trim detailing (Formula1 Shine It All(really amazing product!!))

one thing I noticed during buffing was that it makes a lot of difference in the final shine/finish if one uses a good quality MF towel to do it!

Earlier I used to buff with the 'Sheen' brand MF towels I had!
but now I used a Meguiars supreme shine MF and the final shine/finish was phenomenal!

After buffing the bonnet and the front bumper I took a few steps back to admire the shine, and my 1st reaction was 'Awesome!!!'

It was just the kind of shine that puts a smile on the detailer's face!
and a huge grin on the owner's face!

here are a few pics!(I feel the pics are not upto the mark!)
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0020e.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0002.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0003e.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0004.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0006.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0005.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0007.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0008.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0009.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0010.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0013.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0014.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0019.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0017.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0020.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0003.jpg  

Old 8th February 2010, 13:52   #1619
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Today I kinda detailed my i20 a little!
(somehow pics are not that great!)

Procedure -
  • Washed via 'Abel auto's Car Wash waterless'
  • Glazed (DuPont Highlighting Glaze)
  • Waxed (Megs NXT Tech Wax 2.0)
  • Plastics and trim detailing (Formula1 Shine It All(really amazing product!!))
one thing I noticed during buffing was that it makes a lot of difference in the final shine/finish if one uses a good quality MF towel to do it!

Earlier I used to buff with the 'Sheen' brand MF towels I had!
but now I used a Meguiars supreme shine MF and the final shine/finish was phenomenal!

After buffing the bonnet and the front bumper I took a few steps back to admire the shine, and my 1st reaction was 'Awesome!!!'

It was just the kind of shine that puts a smile on the detailer's face!
and a huge grin on the owner's face!

here are a few pics!(I feel the pics are not upto the mark!)
dude- you are waxing it a little bit more than required- not that its gonna harm now- but just read up- i read somewhere that applying too much wax is not good in the long run..
Meguiars are great for buffing and detailing- really bad for lifting dust...for that 3M cloths rock!
I guess you are surely giving your neighbors a lot to talk about!!! BTW You will surely need a lot of towels @ this rate...
Old 8th February 2010, 18:07   #1620
Senior - BHPian

Lol! I was thinking of applying a second coat of wax tomorrow!

and neighbors only get to see it while I'm working on it! rest of the time its covered!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks