Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 20:22   #1126

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

I'm curious about the Antipest treatment (item 6 below).
Would anyone happen to know exactly what the VW service folks carry out as part of this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Hi guys,

Back from 1 year service for my Oct 2015 Polo GT TSI today. Services done are:
6. Antipest treatment
ataraxia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 14:27   #1127
BHPian

Well, my Feb 2015 bought 1.5 TDi refused to start the other day. Got the battery checked and was found lifeless.

I wish to know:

1. If the battery can be replaced at the A.S.S as the car is under warranty. If yes, do I need to remove the HIDs to avoid the melodrama at the service centre?

2. If not covered under warranty, what would be the ideal replacement ?

Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 14:33   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_hardcore View Post
Well, my Feb 2015 bought 1.5 TDi refused to start the other day. Got the battery checked and was found lifeless.

I wish to know:

1. If the battery can be replaced at the A.S.S as the car is under warranty. If yes, do I need to remove the HIDs to avoid the melodrama at the service centre?

Thanks
Battery warranty, from what was informed to me by a VW A.S.S was a year.
Amaron is good replacement and has good reviews.
Old 7th November 2016, 16:00   #1129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, my Feb 2015 bought 1.5 TDi refused to start the other day. Got the battery checked and was found lifeless. ...
Well, batteries are a consumable; they are going to die sooner or later, and we have to pay for new ones. But one ought to get three years or more: 21 months is very disappointing.
Old 8th November 2016, 22:15   #1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
I once had the 'engine management' and 'catalytic converter' warning lights come on and experienced loss of power while driving. IIRC the advisor on the phone reassured me that its only serious if these lights were blinking and that I could go ahead and drive to the closest service centre.
Thanks. That may be the reason then. But in my case, it was there only for one day. Anyway, my second service is due in 500 kms. Will get it checked and see what it is.

Quote:

I wish to know:

Thanks
I think VW default batteries have only around 1.5 years life. My March 2015 TDI battery also died 2 weeks back. I noticed the brand was 'SEBANG'. I thought it would be EXIDE.

1. VW provides only 1 year warranty for the battery. So, they won't replace it for free now that the warranty period for the battery is over. They will replace if you are ready to pay.

2. It is best to get a new battery from a battery shop. Even my VW service advisor suggested me the same thing as it is cheaper and better. I recommend Amaron. I got mine for around Rs. 4600 after old battery buyback discount + some more discount since the dealer was a friend of friend.
Old 8th November 2016, 23:01   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayazhajimalang View Post
I think VW default batteries have only around 1.5 years life. My March 2015 TDI battery also died 2 weeks back. I noticed the brand was 'SEBANG'. I thought it would be EXIDE.
I do not remember how long my flood-hit 1.6's battery lasted, but it was around three years.

My TDI has passed its second birthday from original purchase: the battery is still going strong.
Old 11th November 2016, 16:40   #1132
BHPian

Friends,

My VW dealer in Safdarjung, Delhi owes me some INR 13k, as balance of purchase while purchasing Polo TDI HL, last November. He can not refund me in cash. He has asked me to choose any accessory (highly overpriced!!) from their showroom. I inquired if he can arrange for some spare parts on request, and the answer was largely positive. They also had one 3M car care package (however, no one is sure about the inclusions/exclusion of it).

Can you please suggest where should I put this money into. I already have 2+2 years extended warranty. All suggestions are welcome
Old 11th November 2016, 18:24   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManishSoni View Post
Friends,

My VW dealer in Safdarjung, Delhi owes me some INR 13k, as balance of purchase while purchasing Polo TDI HL, last November. He can not refund me in cash. He has asked me to choose any accessory (highly overpriced!!) from their showroom. I inquired if he can arrange for some spare parts on request, and the answer was largely positive. They also had one 3M car care package (however, no one is sure about the inclusions/exclusion of it).

Can you please suggest where should I put this money into. I already have 2+2 years extended warranty. All suggestions are welcome
Ask him for:
1. 1st and 2nd service charges against your credit
or
2. Buy an armrest. That one accessory is something which has utility as well as comfort. For remaining credit, he can add Mud flaps and Mats with POLO lettering.
KkVaidya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 00:20   #1134
BHPian

I got a call today asking me to drop in for a mandatory software update on my VW Polo 1.5 TDI, and it would take two hours for them to complete. Has anyone completed this update ?
Wonder whats the update ia about ?
Old 13th November 2016, 04:49   #1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
I got a call today asking me to drop in for a mandatory software update on my VW Polo 1.5 TDI, and it would take two hours for them to complete. Has anyone completed this update ?
I guess it is some update related to the diesel scandal. Info about it can be found in the VW Android App. Tips & Offers->Service->Diesel Service Action. The update started rolling out in September as they say.

I saw this a few days back and my VIN comes under the 'affected' vehicles. In the app, VW repeatedly says it's nothing to worry about. I did not receive any call from the dealer so far but I'm planning to get it done during my second service next week.
Old 16th November 2016, 08:40   #1136
BHPian

Hello,

I have an issue with the automatic headlight module installed. Headlights seems to work fine but somehow the fog lights aren't turning on. I see the indicator on the knob change color but the lights aren't coming on, neither any logo on the Instrument cluster

Link : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...608.0.0.YLAgdT

Anything I should look at before doing a swap test with the old switch knob ?

thanks in advance
Old 20th November 2016, 11:19   #1137

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
Hi,

I too received a message from my dealer (PPS Motors) yesterday that my Polo 1.5 TDI HL was covered under recall campaign and I need to visit their service center for the fix.

I have called up the service centre immediately to confirm the same and took an appointment for the same day. They would be updating engine software and also fix a flow transformer. I was also informed by the service centre that VW was also offering free car wash and a complementary car care kit with the fix.

Visited the service centre in the afternoon. Took them 2 hours to fix it. Got the car back with both interior and exterior dressed up!!

Immediate change that I noticed was that the engine was purring on smoother side and the software was prompting to upshift the gear at lower speeds than before!! For Ex, it was prompting to upshit to 3rd gear at 25KMPH. earlier it was 30 KMPH.
Sarmaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 16:28   #1138

Volkswagen India has details on its Diesel Service Action as well as a VIN check to see if your car is covered under their "voluntary" recall campaign.
See http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/value...ce-action.html

Has anyone gotten this done for their Polo 1.5 TDI ?
Is there any noticeable difference in performance or fuel efficiency ?
Any feedback on user experience post service action will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 24th November 2016, 19:59   #1139
BHPian

[QUOTE

Thanks,[/quote]

Sarmaji's update above summarizes what is done at ASS, I got it done as well and see a slight difference in performance, its a tad smoother than before and an aggressive upshift indicator on the cluster.
Old 24th November 2016, 20:02   #1140
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Sarmaji's update above summarizes what is done at ASS, I got it done as well and see a slight difference in performance, its a tad smoother than before and an aggressive upshift indicator on the cluster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks