Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:41   #76
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Sometimes that spring loaded release button next to the headrest remains pulled. Push it inside and then push the seat behind, making sure that nothing comes in the way, especially the seatbelt bracket. Ideally it should lock. Make sure your seat cover is not coming in the way of the locking mechanism below the seat.

What hook?

I have pushed both rear seatbelts and its locking bracket from in between the seats into the boot area. This way, the rear seating looks neat and uncluttered. Anyways, its always just the two of us, myself and my better half in the front and we wear our seatbelts before even starting the car.

The rear bottom seats also lift and fold-up front. Only then, the rear seats fold fully flat. Have you tried that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I have a question regarding split rear seats. Those seats get locked behind by a mechanism and to fold it down you have to release the button next to the headrest, right? Cuz the rear seats in my car are not getting locked for some reason. They fold down just by a mild push. I tried a lot to make it lock to that hook behind but it isn't getting locked. Due to that, there is always a sound coming while going over rough roads. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Omega Man : 23rd June 2011 at 18:48.
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Sometimes, that button next to the headrest remains raised/pulled. Push that button down and then push the seat behind, making sure that nothing comes in the way, especially the seat belt or its locking bracket. Ideally it should lock without any issues. What hook?
That button is in its default position,i.e, down. But the seats are not getting locked. I have even tried locking the seats by keeping the button raised and pushing the seat back. Still no solution. I was talking about that hook to which the seats get locked into.
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:51   #78
BHPian

Hmmm, let me check in my car and get back to you.

Are you sure nothing is coming in the way or blocking the lock mechanism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
That button is in its default position,i.e, down. But the seats are not getting locked. I have even tried locking the seats by keeping the button raised and pushing the seat back. Still no solution. I was talking about that hook to which the seats get locked into.
Old 24th June 2011, 14:59   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Hmmm, let me check in my car and get back to you.

Are you sure nothing is coming in the way or blocking the lock mechanism?
It seems there is some obstruction which is stopping the mechanism to work properly. If the VW service center is not too far away, I suggest taking the car to them if you can't figure out what is obstructing it.
Old 28th June 2011, 19:14   #80

This is a great thread to read, especially with all the experiences around the country with VW service.

I taught, I ought to share mine as well.

Since I had no time to go to the Service station, I called in their guy to pick up my car from home for the first service. I got a call from one of their staff stating they had received the car and it would be delivered the next day. Then came the estimated bill which was 9k + Taxes

Here is the break up

Oil – Rs 4300
Filter’s – Rs 2000
Alignment & Balancing - Rs 1100
Washing - Rs 550
Labor – Rs 1100

Total – Rs 9050 Taxes yet to be added

After reading what others have paid I feel, just got ripped off

This is @ Orion motors HYD. I dont know if any one else out there had a similar experience???

Note from Support: Please do not use external editors like MS Word to copy-paste content. This leaves behind formatting tags that have to be removed manually. Please type directly in t-bhp editor or use Notepad. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 28th June 2011 at 19:30. Reason: Note Inline
Old 2nd July 2011, 22:10   #81
BHPian

Re: Polo 1.2L Petrol TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
A very good thread.
fog lamp (front)- 18K
Just sharing the latest update on the price :
fog lamp for Polo is now available at 15.5K in Pune at one of the 02 dealers !
IMO : Still its too costly.
Old 2nd July 2011, 23:15   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Situ777 View Post
This is a great thread to read, especially with all the experiences around the country with VW service.

I taught, I ought to share mine as well.

Since I had no time to go to the Service station, I called in their guy to pick up my car from home for the first service. I got a call from one of their staff stating they had received the car and it would be delivered the next day. Then came the estimated bill which was 9k + Taxes

Here is the break up

Oil – Rs 4300
Filter’s – Rs 2000
Alignment & Balancing - Rs 1100
Washing - Rs 550
Labor – Rs 1100
Alignment and labour charges looks a lot. I guess they are using synthetic for oil.Quite a steep bill for service.
Old 5th July 2011, 18:10   #83
BHPian

Now I am much more clear on the Extended warranty and AMC.
Old 14th July 2011, 22:26   #84
BHPian

Polo 1.2 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Well, the idea here is same as the brilliant civic maintenance thread, started by Bhpian Laluks couple of years ago. The thread with over 120 pages has now become bible for civic owners.
=============
Rest, its all your thead VW owners/lovers/critics... let the replies roll in..
I'd like to know the engine oil tank capacity in the 1.2 TDI? My dear darling Downtown VW in Bangalore has charged me for 5 liters! Costed a bomb! Rs. 4850 to be precise! on This is my first service and I had clocked 14900KM. I will post the bill details when time permits.
Old 14th July 2011, 23:01   #85
Senior - BHPian

Bought extended warranty for my 1.2 Polo Petrol, here are the details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2430495
Old 15th July 2011, 00:34   #86
Senior - BHPian

Re: Polo 1.2 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
I'd like to know the engine oil tank capacity in the 1.2 TDI? My dear darling Downtown VW in Bangalore has charged me for 5 liters! Costed a bomb! Rs. 4850 to be precise! on This is my first service and I had clocked 14900KM. I will post the bill details when time permits.
I am not too sure for diesel but petrol take 3L. I think it should be same for diesel too. Even if its higher, it should be 3.5L max. Please resort to your owners manual and update us. Definitely not 5 L, I read somewhere, a diesel polo owner was charged for 4L..cant find it.

I cant believe how ASCs can charge for more oil. Unbelievable. Also, would request to post service details which might answer queries of other Polo diesel Owners..

Thanks. Gaurav
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 11:34   #87
BHPian

Yesterday I got my Polo Petrol H/L first year end service at VW Pune (Vidyut Motors) Running was only 7400 kms. Reading all the posts I was bit scared about the cost. I was given appointment at 10 am on 14th July and when I reached the place 10 minutes before the SE was receiving another car. WIthing 7-8 minutes he finished that and attended me. 5 minutes past 10 I was free. This was a very pleasant surprise as I had prepared in mind to wait for half an hour.

I was promised same day 1730 delivery. However, later the SE called to tell that software upgrade is taking time and delivery will be next day 1200 noon. @ 11 again he called to promise 1600. Finally car was ready at 1600 hrs.

I paid Rs. 3745 for this service. The break up is -

Engine Oil (Castrol) - 2586.69
Oil filter - 96.05
Misc (Nut/bolts) - 200
Service - 175
Oil filter replace - 140 (filter costs 96 but labour 140)
A/C and Air filter cleaning - 70
Wheels checkup - 70
With VAT and Taxes it came to 3745

In addition they claimed to have replaced some chip in door, added plastic rat proof coat to some electrical conduit at bottom, upgraded software (?) and also top up windscreen wash and other fluids.

Car was not cleaned as its paid job and VW is expected to come up with Monsoon check up very soon that will include car cleaning and washing.

As my running was not much I did not opted for wheel alignment and balancing. (I also have my usual Tyre shop who will anyway do it much cheaper).

In a way nice experience SE was friendly and informed but not very professionally handled as compared to other dealers.

Today I will visit again to find about AMC. About that later.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 14:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn View Post

The Service Details are as below:

Parts
Engine Oil 5w40 :-2587
Filter Element:- 96
Misc:- 200

Labour
15000km service:- 175
Oil Filter Replace:- 140
Air Filter R/R:- 35
A/C Filter R/R:- 35
All Wheel R/R:- 70
57D7 Door Handle:- Warranty
97U2 Wiring:- Warranty
97T9:- Warranty

[b]Total Bill:- 3745/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I paid Rs. 3745 for this service. The break up is -

Engine Oil (Castrol) - 2586.69
Oil filter - 96.05
Misc (Nut/bolts) - 200
Service - 175
Oil filter replace - 140 (filter costs 96 but labour 140)
A/C and Air filter cleaning - 70
Wheels checkup - 70
With VAT and Taxes it came to 3745
Uncanny.I got the exact same bill from same dealer. Even i did not opt for wash and balancing.

Very Happy that Vidyut Charges the same to all customers.
Old 16th July 2011, 21:46   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I got my Polo Petrol H/L first year end service at VW Pune (Vidyut Motors) Running was only 7400 kms.
Thanks for sharing the details of your first service.
Quote:
I paid Rs. 3745 for this service. The break up is...
That is quite cheap service charges considering no free service for Polo.
Quote:
In addition they claimed to have replaced some chip in door, added plastic rat proof coat to some electrical conduit at bottom
Ya, I heard this recently, but wasn't sure where exactly they are applying this. Any info, where exactly they did this coating ?
Quote:
Car was not cleaned as its paid job and VW is expected to come up with Monsoon check up very soon that will include car cleaning and washing.
Surprised! they should have at least cleaned the car. VW Pune@Vidyut Motors cleaned the car (pressure wash) for free, at least as per my experience whenever I visited the showroom for whatever issues. Even though they seem to miss the hydraulic piston, but to get car cleaned for free one need to bring the car during free monsoon check-up is not fair, IMO. However, I was informed by the dealership, during these free monsoon/summer/winter checkups they do clean the a/c, fuel filter for free. Cannot confirm for sure as even though I got the summer camp letter, but could not visit the showroom as I was out of city. *Sharing one info - Polo owners already aware of these please ignore, others can take notice - free summer camp letter mentioned 10% discount on accessories bought from authorized VW dealers. But that exclude the front windshield sunfilm (llumar). I was surprised when I was informed by the friendly accessories guy at the dealership, just thought of sharing.
Quote:
As my running was not much I did not opted for wheel alignment and balancing. (I also have my usual Tyre shop who will anyway do it much cheaper)
Query - as per the manual tire rotation is recommended every 5000km. Did you specifically asked them not to do so? I was of the impression that they will rotate tires as mentioned in manual. Is it mandatory to get the wheel aligned after every time one rotates tires ? Also, as mentioned in your break-up - engine oil 2.5 ltrs, as per my knowledge (please correct me if I am wrong here), Polo can take 3.0 ltrs (to be precise 3.1 ltrs) engine oil. I am interested in knowing - do they replace the engine oil during service or just top-up ?
Quote:
In a way nice experience SE was friendly and informed but not very professionally handled as compared to other dealers. Today I will visit again to find about AMC. About that later.
Ya agree with you, as per my experience, there is nothing to complain till date, hope they are consistent w.r.t. to their efficiency with dealing with customers for a long time
Old 18th July 2011, 17:37   #90
BHPian

@AvonA7 - I did not studies the manual carefully hence I am not sure about the quantity for engine oil.

The plastic coating they did on the conduit that is running with the fuel pipe in the bottom. Frankly, again I did not asked him to show where.

I also missed the summer camp as I received letter just one week before closing date and of these 4 days I was out of town and next 3 days I kept trying the number given in letter for appointment. That number does not exist any more.

At Vidyut motors, Attrition rate is very high. Except for few faces that are there for years, other keep changing. Particularly, SEs I keep seeing new faces every time. (This is my observation since last 8 years since I bought Palio from the same dealer).

They also have some surprise policies like charging 2% extra for credit card payment. BuB does not do that. But there location is too far away.

There is also utter confusion w.r.t. Extended warranty and AMC. New buyers get three years AMC. But old ones can only get extended warranty on electronic parts (Rs. 7199). I do not see much advantage in spending this money. Can anybody throw more light on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks