Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2015, 23:36   #826

I got my polo tdi 1.2 highline last year. It was running fine for last one year. Recently first service was done and now for past one month of service am hearing loud buzzing noise if I switch on the air condition . Not too audible inside the cabin but it is very loud on exterior. If I run the car without air conditioning then cooling fan is running more than 5 mins after car key is removed which was not there before service. Usually fan will run not more than 30 seconds before service. Also when ac is on car is so sluggish in performance and pick up response. I visited service workshop vw mount road in Chennai for four times where car was serviced one month ago. But they say it's normal. If it's normal why it was not there before service. Please explain.
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:58   #827

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Hello Everyone,

I have completed 6 months with my Polo 1.2 Petrol Highline. I need to get the free check-up done (oil top-ups etc.), could you all please suggest the best SVC in Mumbai? Also, i have two issues currently:

1.) Loud squeaking/weird sound coming from the front wheel or suspension while the car is slowly releasing brakes on a slope. The sound is pretty loud, more than a squeak. Its so loud that it is actually disturbing. This happens while backing-up the car and moving forward as well. Happens on slopes ONLY as i slowly let go of my foot from the brakes. I have had this since the day i took delivery of the car from VW North (Kandivalli, Mumbai).

2.) Also, i have noticed the paints chipping from front bumper on it's own.

The car was booked in mid Jan 2015 (and delivered on first week of Feb) however the dealer passed me pre-excise hike benefits since the car was manufactured in Dec 2014 and was in stock.
Az_Dan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 20:46   #828
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
If you do decide to buy Polo, go for extended warranty. It is cheaper if you buy it in the first year itself.
Hi Ketan,
I have booked Polo 1.5 Tdi Highline last week and have indeed opted for the extended warranty . The 3rd and 4th year extended warranty costs some where around 13000/- and IMO its small price to pay for the peace of mind it offers.

Drive Safe!
Old 24th July 2015, 20:53   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
Hi Ketan,
I have booked Polo 1.5 Tdi Highline last week and have indeed opted for the extended warranty . The 3rd and 4th year extended warranty costs some where around 13000/- and IMO its small price to pay for the peace of mind it offers.

Drive Safe!
Congrats! Welcome to the Polo club!
Old 1st August 2015, 19:04   #830

Hi Guys,

Two days back my Polo 1.2 TDI Highline scratched front bumper in a pothole. I just checked underbody for damage and to my surprise engine area is not covered . I can see engine and other parts exposed. I fear that this is a serious issue. Contacted service centre and they said engine area will be covered with guard only for models up to 2013. From 2014 only important parts are covered separately under the engine area instead of full cover. Is that true? Mine is a 2014 1.2 TDI Highline model.

Guys please help

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-1438436035506.jpg

Mod Note: Please avoid posting like "this......". Makes the reading experience unpleasant

Last edited by ampere : 2nd August 2015 at 09:36. Reason: Formatted Post
Old 2nd August 2015, 07:05   #831
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparam View Post
Hi guys. Two days back my polo 1.2tdo highline scratched front bumper in a pothole..

Mine is 2014 1.2tdi highline model..guys pls help.
You can try fitting an engine guard for added safety if the ASC isn't providing one. Get one fabricated and fit.

Try looking at AliExpress or such website for links.
Old 2nd August 2015, 11:14   #832
BHPian

The other day I was driving my Polo 1.6 and while accelerating hard from 1st gear, I accidentally shifted to 4th instead of 2nd at around 6500 rpm. I didn't hear any abnormal noises at all but something happened to the gear shift lever.

Neutral is now at the position where 4th gear usually is. At that point it moves left and right so I can shift to 1st and 3rd. However, 1st and 3rd are now at the position where neutral is normally. The shifter does not move up at all beyond the normal neutral position.

The clutch seems fine. The gearbox also seems fine. It's just the shift rod that's out of whack. Is this going to be an expensive repair or just a small fix? I have not yet taken the car to a mechanic.
Old 2nd August 2015, 12:09   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

You may have messed up the gearshift linkage unit. Plug and play replacement by VW should cost around 6k and a 3 hour job.
Old 24th August 2015, 09:10   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
I would like to share my experience with Viraj Automobiles, Noida.

I got a new Polo 1.5 Tdi around 2 months back and since the starting I had faced the issue wherein I could hear a "thud" noise over bad roads. It was more evident over scattered but small potholes and also expansion joints on the flyovers. It was so severe that I used to slow down to speeds around 20 KM/hr. It could be felt on the steering too, the undulations on the road. There is a 'tik-tik' sound from the steering wheel on steering it to the left or the right. My car has done 3400 KM.

As suggested by the Showroom executive, I went to get this issue checked. This was my first trip to this service center. I was expecting it to be a nice place with ample space for the cars. To my horror, the entrance itself was so filthy and the service bay was really cramped up. For once, I thought of going away and coming back on a week day. Since I was almost inside the main service area, I decided to go ahead. After around a good 10 minutes, a gentleman shows up takes the key and starts to drive the car.
I told him the problem and he acknowledged with a nod of the head. He drives for a good KM, tries to take it over potholes. He was doing 60 kmph on the 2nd gear He gets down, opens the hood - checks for loose elements inside and spanks the bumper and fender on the both sides with his hand. I ask him if he could feel anything - no response. Parks the car back in the showroom and finally he tells me that the suspension is alright and this sound is there in all the new cars. I had driven the demo car before and I could not feel any such issue with it. By this time I was really fuming inside. The unprofessional attitude was a real turn off.

About the tik-tik sound from the steering wheel, they offered to lubricate the steering wheel which I politely refused. I did not want to be stuck there any longer and decided to make a quick exit. I escalated this matter with the sales and the service department, both. They were apologetic and offered to come to my door step for further evaluation of the car, which I refused.
So fellow BHPians, do you know of any contact in VW India where I can take this matter up?
I have decided to give this service center a miss in the futuren. Any suggestions for a decent service center in the NCR region? My work place is Gurgaon. Also, has anyone else faced similar issues?
Here is an update on the issue I was facing since I purchased the Polo. I went to other service station in Noida - Volkswagen Atrica. Mine was the first car to enter the service center. The staff also seemed friendly.
I was lucky this time around as the roads near this service station are in-existent. So I went out for the first drive with a head mechanic and he was of the opinion that this is how the suspension is in the VAG cars. He said he would get all the nut and bolts tightened. Not satisfied, I let him do that. Once done, we again went in for a road test and the feeling/noise was still there. He acknowledged it, finally and said that the rack is the culprit and needs to be replaced. Since the car is just 3 months old, this will be taken care of under warranty.
I am supposed to get the car back today and hoping for the best.
This entire episode has really made me question the build quality of German cars. I was not expecting a steering rack change as early as this.
Old 25th August 2015, 14:03   #835
BHPian

Hi

My car is due for the first service! I had been told earlier that I could call them a day before the service. The dealer now says that they don't have any slots for service for the next 5 days and the service reminder in the car shows that the service is due in 2 days. The SA / booking person says, it is ok to wait for few more days after the reminder - just want to understand whether that's ok from a warranty (and other views I might not be aware of).

Thanks

Last edited by rdeivan : 25th August 2015 at 14:08.
Old 25th August 2015, 23:29   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeivan View Post
Hi

My car is due for the first service! I had been told earlier that I could call them a day before the service. The dealer now says that they don't have any slots for service for the next 5 days and the service reminder in the car shows that the service is due in 2 days. The SA / booking person says, it is ok to wait for few more days after the reminder - just want to understand whether that's ok from a warranty (and other views I might not be aware of).
My first service was delayed by about 2-3 weeks. After the first year, my car has not been driven too much, so I've always ended up getting it service about a month late - still, having been driven less than the stipulated 15,000 kms. Not deliberate, but just so happened. A few months back, 3.5 years into the life of my car, my injectors were replaced under warranty, no issues.

Of course, an idiotic service station may make an issue in my case - though in that case, the simple fix is to escalate it to VW, because there is no technical basis to such denial of warranty, and so, you will have no issues.

A few days delay, as in your case, is most certainly a non-issue.

On an unrelated note, my car has had the misfortune of having quite a few items replaced under warranty, and from the added knowledge of having 3 VWs in the family, I can assure you, the urban legend of VW warranty claims being difficult to get is overrated.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 08:06   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
My first service was delayed by about 2-3 weeks. After the first year, my car has not been driven too much, so I've always ended up getting it service about a month late - still, having been driven less than the stipulated 15,000 kms. Not deliberate, but just so happened. A few months back, 3.5 years into the life of my car, my injectors were replaced under warranty, no issues.....
How long is the warranty period? Yesterday I had the gear shift linkage cable replaced and did not get warranty though my car is only 2.5 years old. Also is there a different warranty period on the engine compared to the rest of the car? Some manufacturers offer that I believe.
Old 26th August 2015, 09:43   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
How long is the warranty period? Yesterday I had the gear shift linkage cable replaced and did not get warranty though my car is only 2.5 years old. Also is there a different warranty period on the engine compared to the rest of the car? Some manufacturers offer that I believe.
Polo comes with 2 years warranty. There is an option of buying 2 years extended warranty. I guess bosporus must be having 2 years extended warranty.
Old 26th August 2015, 12:32   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
My first service was delayed by about 2-3 weeks. After the first year, my car has not been driven too much, so I've always ended up getting it service about a month late - still, having been driven less than the stipulated 15,000 kms. Not deliberate, but just so happened. A few months back, 3.5 years into the life of my car, my injectors were replaced under warranty, no issues.

Of course, an idiotic service station may make an issue in my case - though in that case, the simple fix is to escalate it to VW, because there is no technical basis to such denial of warranty, and so, you will have no issues.

A few days delay, as in your case, is most certainly a non-issue.

On an unrelated note, my car has had the misfortune of having quite a few items replaced under warranty, and from the added knowledge of having 3 VWs in the family, I can assure you, the urban legend of VW warranty claims being difficult to get is overrated.
Thank you. I agree about the claims-being-difficult. My a/c flap motor was replaced two months back and I didn't face any challenges (it still doesn't seem to work properly is a different thing ).
Old 26th August 2015, 13:10   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
Polo comes with 2 years warranty. There is an option of buying 2 years extended warranty. I guess bosporus must be having 2 years extended warranty.
That's correct. VW cars come with 2 + 2 years warranty, and I have extended warranty - strongly recommended for any car, imo.

Also, never take for granted what you can claim under warranty - VW / dealers will really stretch a lot for you if only you insist. Example, my windshield recently cracked and they waived off all labor charges for me. In another instance, got 80% labor charges waived off, when the lock carrier broke. Polite & firm works like magic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks