Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 22:52   #721
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sr. nos. 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 could have been avoided IMO. You should have a look at some of the bills posted in the previous pages in this thread - gives you an idea of what to change and what not.
Yes, I should have checked. My bad. I saw the list that was put up in the service centre. It only mentions replacement of the filters and oil. Shall be careful next time.
Old 19th February 2015, 20:21   #722
BHPian

If I change my Polo air filter and use K&N air filter, will it void my car's Warranty? Has anyone used K&N Air Filters in their petrol Polo? How is the performance?

I am thinking of using this one - http://www.amazon.in/33-2830-High-Pe...dp/B000E5XMOM/
Old 19th February 2015, 21:52   #723
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
If I change my Polo air filter and use K&N air filter, will it void my car's Warranty? Has anyone used K&N Air Filters in their petrol Polo? How is the performance?
Best is to enquire with your SA before you go ahead.

There shouldn't be a problem as the filter is made for the Polo.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 00:37   #724
DWC
BHPian

The bonnet-holder-upper of my Polo is all squeaky at the non-business end of it. The part where the rod connects to it's rubber casing. I've put some WD40 on it and it took care of the problem for a bit, but now them sounds back again, and its been around 3 weeks. So is there any long term, one application, single fix for this problem? Anything apart from WD40 that will give a longer lasting effect and get rid of this squeakiness once and for all?
Old 20th February 2015, 15:11   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, could not engage first and second gears on 32k km, 2.5 year old 1.2 TDI Polo this morning. VW breakdown service has diagnosed it as a damaged gearbox cable/linkage which will have to be replaced at a pretty astronomical cost of 8k with labour.

Has anyone else faced this? Unfortunately i do not have extended warranty and the SA also hinted that it would not have been covered anyway under EW as it is a wear and tear part. Only the AMC would have covered it.

Any ideas anyone?
Old 20th February 2015, 19:29   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post

I am thinking of using this one - http://www.amazon.in/33-2830-High-Pe...dp/B000E5XMOM/
I have K&N Stock Replacement Filter in 3 of my vehicles. It does not make a remarkable difference. Better to spend money of a free-flow air intake.

For the warranty, you will have to ask the dealer.
KkVaidya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 21:38   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
I have K&N Stock Replacement Filter in 3 of my vehicles. It does not make a remarkable difference. Better to spend money of a free-flow air intake.

For the warranty, you will have to ask the dealer.
Thanks for the advice KkVaidya. I guess then it makes no sense in using K&N filters. I am not sure if I want to go with a free-flow air intake.
Old 26th February 2015, 20:27   #728
BHPian

Guys need some advice on Polo tyres.

I just had my 3rd servicing at 34k kms. Service personnel mentioned that there is some wear on front two tyres, even though he said they will probably do another 10k kms.

I later went to a wheel balancing center and even the mechanic there mentioned that there is some wear on the tyres and may need to change in next few thousand kms.

My question is that what is a general life of the OEM tyres. I generally drive in the city with 2-3 yearly long drives. I do use a lot of engine braking (VW said that my brakes are still good for another 15k kms at my 3rd service). - just to give you a reference of my driving and hence tyre wear.

What can I expect a normal life in kms for the tyres?

Second question is that what size should I change to - 170/70 or upgrade to 185/65 (I do not plan on buying alloys, will retain the 14 inch steel rims). There is also 195/60 but that may be too much for the power at hand.

Given these size options, should I retain the Acelere (or Alnac) or is there a better choice for these sizes?
Old 27th February 2015, 12:17   #729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, could not engage first and second gears on 32k km, 2.5 year old 1.2 TDI Polo this morning. VW breakdown service has diagnosed it as a damaged gearbox cable/linkage which will have to be replaced at a pretty astronomical cost of 8k with labour.

Has anyone else faced this? Unfortunately i do not have extended warranty and the SA also hinted that it would not have been covered anyway under EW as it is a wear and tear part. Only the AMC would have covered it.

Any ideas anyone?
Changed for 6k. Huge component unlike the old 'cable'!
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-20150222-09.26.22.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-20150222-09.26.27.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-20150222-09.26.11.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th February 2015 at 12:19. Reason: Duplicate pictures
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 12:42   #730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Changed for 6k. Huge component unlike the old 'cable'!
They have replaced the entire gear selector mechanism (link).

Can you post a snap/scan of the invoice just for the sake of reference please?
Old 27th February 2015, 15:01   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Will do this evening. Fact is that the gears WERE stiff for the last few months especially the first to second movement.
Old 1st March 2015, 15:12   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will do this evening. Fact is that the gears WERE stiff for the last few months especially the first to second movement.
Routine service and gearshift replacement invoices.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-20150301_150549.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-20150301_150528.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 10:19   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Polo had the issue of gear getting stuck in 2nd and shifting to second getting hard. The same cable shifter linkage was replaced in warranty at about 27000 km. The price of the same is just above Rs 4000 at the Pune dealer.
Done 39000.

Question to every one. How much oil do you need to top up.
I had to top up. 1/2 Lit at 7500 km, then change at 15000 km when level was again lesser than max.
Second top up was of 250 ml at 24000 km, and change at 30590 km.
Third topup was again 250 ml just done at 39000 km.
Don't the VW engines get top up free after running in.

Rahul
Old 6th March 2015, 10:30   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sundaram motors did a beautiful job on my rear door and wing. Looks like new. They failed to do minor touch up dab-of-paint work on the minor scratches, as required. Have logged that, and will probably take it back at my convenience..
If it isn't too much trouble can you post the before and after pics ?
Old 6th March 2015, 14:36   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
Guys need some advice on Polo tyres.

I just had my 3rd servicing at 34k kms. Service personnel mentioned that there is some wear on front two tyres, even though he said they will probably do another 10k kms.

I later went to a wheel balancing center and even the mechanic there mentioned that there is some wear on the tyres and may need to change in next few thousand kms.
Are you rotating your tyres at fixed intervals. At 39000 Km my OE tyres are about 50-60% worn. I guess I will have to replace them before the next rains 15-16 months from now when the total running will be about 60000.

Rahul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks