Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2014, 21:34   #661
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

I was filling up the wiper washer and noticed a plastic cover wedged between the headlight console and the body. Pulled it out since I felt it was out of place and found this packet having something of the consistency of decomposed sponge. Not sure if someone left it in by accident during the service or if I had indeed pulled out something that should have been there after all !
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img20141118wa0005.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img20141118wa0006.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img20141118wa0004.jpg  

Old 19th November 2014, 19:04   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
Not sure if someone left it in by accident during the service or if I had indeed pulled out something that should have been there after all !
Its there for a reason that is, insulation/sound deadening. Even my Vento has it and I too was surprised to find it in first place.
Old 19th November 2014, 22:10   #663
BHPian

As you can see the packet was already torn (maybe a rat) when I took it out and it was very moist inside and the contents barely filled a quarter of the packet. So if it indeed was to be there, guess that means a trip to the workshop.
Old 23rd November 2014, 15:10   #664

My 2011 Polo 1.2L Trendline shows the ambient outside temperature on the dashboard multi-display.
I have recently noticed that this reading fluctuates and goes as high as 37 degrees while the car is running and tends to drop to 32 when the car is idling. Also the radiator fan is on most of the time.
I do not recall seeing such high readings in the past - would usually be around 32 - 34 degrees.
The coolant level is normal , the car runs well, no warning lights have come on, AC cools well - its just these fluctuating readings while the car is running.
And should the radiator fan be on all the time ? I use the AC regularly.

Although Mumbai is currently "hot" at around 33 degrees, I have never noticed this kind of behaviour even in summer.

Is this normal ? Should I get anything checked ?
Or am I just being paranoid ??
Would fellow polo 1.2 owners please comment.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 07:53   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyzee View Post
My 2011 Polo 1.2L Trendline shows the ambient outside temperature on the dashboard multi-display.
I have recently noticed that this reading fluctuates and goes as high as 37 degrees while the car is running and tends to drop to 32 when the car is idling. Also the radiator fan is on most of the time.
I do not recall seeing such high readings in the past - would usually be around 32 - 34 degrees.
The coolant level is normal , the car runs well, no warning lights have come on, AC cools well - its just these fluctuating readings while the car is running.
And should the radiator fan be on all the time ? I use the AC regularly.

Although Mumbai is currently "hot" at around 33 degrees, I have never noticed this kind of behaviour even in summer.

Is this normal ? Should I get anything checked ?
Or am I just being paranoid ??
Would fellow polo 1.2 owners please comment.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
I am not really sure about the fluctuations that you are noticing. Just as an observation, it actually read 37 on my car in the last week in Mumbai.
jaideepnaidu.12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 14:26   #666

Thanks JaideepNaidu - if your car also had a similar reading then perhaps it is the norm.
Do keep a watch on the reading and see if it fluctuates while driving.
Is the radiator fan on most of the time also ?
Old 24th November 2014, 16:06   #667
BHPian

I also had the same issue with my polo tdi. I think the heat emitted from the engine has some effect on the temperature monitoring sensors. It does fluctuate by 2-3 degrees.
Old 2nd December 2014, 15:34   #668
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any one please help me out from where i can source this type of wipers for my polo. Here is the pic
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-71ra0ariogl._sl1500_.jpg
I happened to see this type of wipers in a polo tsi in vagtune shop. But i couldnt get in touch with the owner of the car.
Old 2nd December 2014, 15:40   #669
Team-BHP Support

Those are frameless wipers. Bosch, Hella and some relatively unknown manufacturer(s) retails them. Check with eBay, Snapdeal, local auto stores etc.

24" for the driver side and 16" for the co-driver side.
Old 2nd December 2014, 17:15   #670
BANNED

These are the frameless wipers, but not the one which is available in India. Here they have aerotwin wipers (Bosch) ,hella and some local brands which are frameless.
Old 2nd December 2014, 22:20   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoju View Post
Hi guys. Just an update about my insurance progress with Volkswagen and Bharati Axa.
It's 37 days since i filed my claim. My car is just lying in their workshop unattended as of yet.
There is gross miscommunication between both of them and as usual we suffer. The roof of my car has been damaged and for that VW has raised an estimate of 4 lakhs!!!! The bonet, front and rear windscreens and roof is all that is damaged. The 2 companies are engaged in a tug of war and as usual we are the sufferers. VWs after sales support still leaves a lot to question years after they have come into the market. And friends.... please do not under any circumstances get your insurance from bharati axa. They are Grossly inefficient and unwilling to settle the claim or even let work start 37 days later.
Friends will shortly put up pics of the car.
Last year myself, along with friends had brought 2 vento and a polo together. The insurance renewal for the cars were due. Based on your post, we decide to dump Bharti-AXA and went with ICICI_Lombard. Getting insurance, by visiting ICICI Lombard office saved Rs.1,000/- for each one of us.
Old 5th December 2014, 14:52   #672
BHPian

Second Satisfactory Service Experience:

Second year service for my polo (ODO 12700 kms) done yesterday at VW Downtown Mumbai (Sewri Service Center).

Total Bill came to Rs. 7468. Items that included in these were the usual Service charges, Oil Replacement (5W40: 3 ltrs used and billed), Oil, Air, AC Pollen filter replacements, Windshield wiper pipe replacement and repairing front fender lane change indicator wiring (both which were bitten off by rats) and taxes.

Things to note:

- I specifically asked them not to do Wheel alignment / balancing / rotation which I get it done at almost at 60% of VW price at Pal tires, Lamington road

- For estimate purpose they will mention Oil requirement of 4 litres which i confronted and did make a note of it in his inspection sheet. It helped to take along previous years Service Invoice. Please do take it there for comparison sake.

- One good news is that they have started giving complimentary Exterior and Interior cleaning to all. I had mentioned them upfront not to clean them as it was on chargeable basis last year, however I was surprised to see no charges applied. Cleaning was upto the mark for both interior and exteriors

- The wire repair and windshield wiper pipe replacement was a costly affair (Wire repair - Rs. 1000; Pipe replacement - Rs. 350). Please use the socks and tobacco method to ward off Rodent intrusions.

- Maybe just a day without much issues but I did feel some calmness in the service centre as not many customers were shouting and arguing with SA's. Seriously hope its an actual trend for the betterment of the VW Brand.

- On comparison with my Swift (ODO 11000 kms & 2 yrs old) which I did similar level of servicing had come to around Rs 5500 with mineral oil (with 5W40 additional costs were ~Rs 1000). So not much of a difference between the two cars.

Regards,

Last edited by rahulk2510 : 5th December 2014 at 14:53.
rahulk2510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 20:39   #673
BHPian

Not sure if this has been shared earlier. VW Service app has now a section of Menu Pricing added to it. Clicked on it and it displayed some common repair and service costs for the VW vehicles.

Attaching them for Polo (one can install the app on smartphone and check for other models as well)
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-vw-polo-repair-prices.png

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-service.png

Last edited by vivekz : 17th December 2014 at 20:43.
vivekz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 13:59   #674
BANNED

I recently bought new wiper blades for my 3 month old polo. The OEM wipers were squeaky from the day 1. When i complained about it to the A.S.S. they said it is due to the bad quality of the blades. They have received lots of complaints for the same. He advised me to go for some aftermarket wiper blades.
The new ones are DHC- Pro wiper blades which are far better than the OEM one. But the squeakiness still persists.
Here is a pic of the same and their website.
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-imag2476.jpg
http://www.dhcindia.com/product/dhc-pro/
Old 18th December 2014, 15:49   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
I recently bought new wiper blades for my 3 month old polo. The OEM wipers were squeaky from the day 1. When i complained about it to the A.S.S. they said it is due to the bad quality of the blades. They have received lots of complaints for the same. He advised me to go for some aftermarket wiper blades.
The new ones are DHC- Pro wiper blades which are far better than the OEM one. But the squeakiness still persists.
Here is a pic of the same and their website.
Attachment 1319707
http://www.dhcindia.com/product/dhc-pro/
not sure about DHC wipers. why dont you try bosch clear advantage or Hella dyna edge. they are much more renowned brands and customers who are happy with their performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks