Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2012, 20:20   #331
Senior - BHPian

This so called Teflon coating is a scam. Don't get ripped off. Instead take it to a proper detailer like 3M and get the paint protection done.
shashank.nk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 07:13   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk

Yes they are going to change the oil i guess. They said that it is mandatory to change the oil.
Don't let them. The car has run only 6000 kms, it's too early to change oil. The oil is meant to run for 15000 kms. Ask them to just top up.
sadnabrina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 19:13   #333
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Got my polo 1.6 serviced today and when i went to pick up my car i found out couple of issues.

The rubber beading on the left front door was not fitted properly. See the below pic.

Again there were very minor scratches on the left front door. Showed both of this to them. Again the explanation given by them was not satisfactory. My dad got furious and gave some mouthfull. There was another guy who was waiting near my dad and he was also not satisfied with royal sundaram service. He has a jetta and his car has been there for more than 2 weeks. He was completely fed up with the service.

Finally we asked him to write a letter that these 2 issues would be addressed at the earliest and got the signature from him.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-20120911-16.55.23.jpg  

Last edited by vishnu.csk : 11th September 2012 at 19:14.
Old 21st September 2012, 10:05   #334
BHPian

My Polo was having a pull towards the left side after having run only 300 km. VW Thiruvananthapuram did a fantastic job of identifying the issue.

They re-checked the alignment and balancing which were all perfect (I would have been horrified if any of these were not done properly and the car had passed VW Quality Control) . The LHS pull was then identified as due to a tyre pressure problem. The front left tyre had a very minute leak from the neck which was rectified by re-seating it. I did check the pressure a couple of days back and had set all to 30psi, but the leak brought it down to 27 psi odd. This coupled with the normal road camber gave the pull to the left.

And quite happy that VW did not charge anything for the service

Last edited by kutts : 21st September 2012 at 10:06. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 5th October 2012, 12:11   #335
BHPian

Hey Guys, quick question.

My 5 month new Jetta recently got hit by a stone drunk driver on Delhi-Jaipur Highway. I need to get it fixed now. Though Volkswagen Gurgaon (Frontier) is where I bought the car from, I am not convinced by their service attitude and am looking for suggestions on whom to get the car fixed from?

Nature of work will be - painting of front/rear bumpers, denting/painting/replacing front left fender, replacing front left headlight, etc.....

Am open to any service center in Delhi/NCR..

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Old 5th October 2012, 12:46   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand

My 5 month new Jetta recently got hit by a stone drunk driver on Delhi-Jaipur Highway. I need to get it fixed now. Though Volkswagen Gurgaon (Frontier) is where I bought the car from, I am not convinced by their service attitude and am looking for suggestions on whom to get the car fixed from?

Nature of work will be - painting of front/rear bumpers, denting/painting/replacing front left fender, replacing front left headlight, etc.....

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
I guess majority of Volkswagen owners in India are unhappy with the service centres attitude in handling.service related issues and the exhorbitant price list of various procedures or services.
We own a Vento tdi purchased in Dec 2010 and in the 1st service itself they said the underbody plastic cover for engine is broken and that required a replacement which costed me about 7000 to replace.
Now isn't that expensive for just a plastic cover?
I also had installed parking sensors on the rear bumper at a local accessory shop and on account of that the brake light LHS had got fused. When told the SA to check that he said that they will not do it as the parking sensors have caused the problem. I was like what nonsense is this but eventuAlly gave up arguing with him.

This is the plight we are facing with these guys. Decided never again to buy a VW.
zwift1819 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 14:12   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
I guess majority of Volkswagen owners in India are unhappy with the service centres attitude in handling.service related issues and the exhorbitant price list of various procedures or services.
I know, but having made the purchase (and my being a Jetta, is a hefty monetary outflow), need to live with it for the next 5 years at the least. Am trying to seek recommendations for the better amongst the lot available to us in Delhi.
Old 15th October 2012, 12:24   #338
Senior - BHPian

Has service at VW downtown Bangalore closed down. They are telling they are shut for renovation and referring to VW Palace cross workshop at Hesarghatta road...!! The other one at Hosur road under same Elite motors also does not seem to work.VW whitefield is only in to sales.Does this mean we have only one VW service center for the whole of Bangalore? God save VW vehicle owners.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 14:12   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
I just booked a servicing appointment for tomorrow at VW Gurgaon(my 9 month old polo tdi is now 14980kms old). Was given an estimate of 10,000. Any specific reason why you aren't convinced by them? I just went there once for a horn replacement and the work was done in a couple of hours so it wasn't an issue then. They also asked me if i wanted to do diagnostics on my car which they explained was me checking out the car while they put it up on lifts. I thought they did that anyway. I opted for it though :P

Also, has anyone from Gurgaon tried the Zig Wheels alignment center on Golf Course road? How's the work done there? I didn't want to get rotation and alignment/balancing done at the A.S.S. since i read how they charge a lot more.
Old 16th October 2012, 12:10   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
Any specific reason why you aren't convinced by them?
Was made to wait for 45 minutes to have someone come and look at my car for estimate on repairs - that too when i created a ruckus.

Moved over to VW West (World Class Automobiles) - they got the same job done in 36K, whereas the estimate given by the GGN folks was 48K.

Its just that i did not feel comfortable with the GGN service and attitude.
Old 17th October 2012, 17:37   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
I am extremely happy with VW service. VW Downtown are top notch. They have great people and give the kind of treatment to you car that you'd do yourself. Two services done for my Polo TDI and soon to come one for my Vento TDI.
Old 17th October 2012, 17:42   #342
BHPian

Re: VW Sundaram Motors Chennai - Not so good experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Mate, tell me from which dealer you managed to get it done under warranty? As reported earlier by me, Sundaram clearly said it can't be done under warranty.

I'm yet to get the vent repaired as I'm out of station for quite some time now. Your inputs would help my fight for it when I get them replaced.

Yep, it is sad to see poor service from these folks, especially when dealers at Coimbatore & Madurai are offering far better service.

Thanks
I got my AC vent done under warranty as well during the second service. A really nice job. Not sure how they managed to tighten it without replacing it.So far so good.
Old 17th October 2012, 17:54   #343

I agree with Nevgin. Even my experience has been pretty good till now. I gave the car at 11am to the Gurgaon service center for my first 15k service and was told that I'll get it by 6 but was called at 4 saying its ready. Even before when I gave my car to replace the rear window glass they said it'll take a day but I got a call within 2 hours saying it was done. It's almost like they exaggerate just so that you feel like they're really good

After service everything looks and feels good. I even took her for a nice 160kph speed run on the Gurgaon-Faridabad highway. The engine has become smoother and the SA said that they increased the GC a bit(don't know why but hey i guess the few times that the car did bottom out is not going to happen anymore, so its all good). Total cost of service was around Rs. 8500 without wheel alignment and balancing. Its not too bad I guess considering the 10-12k estimates that i was getting.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:05   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Overall very satisfying experience with the Palace Cross service centre.
Posting the maintenance cost ,which IMO seems reasonable.
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-scan0001.jpg
Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 22:18   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Overall very satisfying experience with the Palace Cross service centre.
Posting the maintenance cost ,which IMO seems reasonable.
Attachment 1005887
Cheers!
Parts Details, SNo. 4, engine oil 04 ltr - varies with VW showroom :(
The car is same so the engine oil capacity should be same.

Thanks for sharing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks