Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 19:03   #301
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
My question is how can they say that a part like shock absorber (or any other part of their choice) can only be replaced under warranty upto 10000 kms. They don't have a printed record to confirm their denial.
If they don't have it ink, then raise a SERVICE COMPLAINT on the VW website quoting what you've been told by the service center. Let's see what VW has to say about it.
Old 26th July 2012, 19:06   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
If they don't have it ink, then raise a SERVICE COMPLAINT on the VW website quoting what you've been told by the service center. Let's see what VW has to say about it.
I have asked this question on VW India's Twitter and Facebook page. No reply from them so far.
Old 26th July 2012, 21:51   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Have you studied the extended warranty booklet?

I have to admit that I haven't --- but there I think it is fairly explicit about what is and what is not covered.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 00:13   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Folks - My Vento got vandalized last night. The front grill emblem was stolen. Ascrewdriver was used to try and remove the rear one as well. The rear emblem stayed on but the crevice that it sits in is damaged in one place due to the sharp edge of the scre driver. This car is 2 weeks old and I am really sad to see this. Its been bugging my mind all day. Any suggestions on what I should do and how much a new one costs? Thanks
Emblem 1860 odd
Another 112 odd labour charges to fit it

Total ~2000.
Absurd.

And this is done just a month ago.
Old 27th July 2012, 11:06   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoju View Post
Emblem 1860 odd
Another 112 odd labour charges to fit it

Total ~2000.
Absurd.

And this is done just a month ago.
Rs 1860. Done a week ago
Old 28th July 2012, 00:02   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Have you studied the extended warranty booklet?

I have to admit that I haven't --- but there I think it is fairly explicit about what is and what is not covered.
Yes, I have read it. Shock absorbers are not covered in extended warranty. But I could not find anywhere if they are covered in default first two years warranty or not.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 09:41   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel

Yes, I have read it. Shock absorbers are not covered in extended warranty. But I could not find anywhere if they are covered in default first two years warranty or not.
I think typical components which are prone to wearing out like tyres, brakes, clutch and probably shocks are not covered under warranty unless it is found to have a manufacturing defect. Now how to identify if the defect is manufacturing or caused by accidental/ rough usage is the question. Apollo provided me replacement tyres at 60% discount when one of my new tyres started showing a bulge. They initially claimed that the damage was caused by impact with a sharp object, but after I pestered them on for days they obliged and provided me the replacement, stating that they are doing it to build good customer relations. So I suggest you take this on with VW directly over email/ phone. The email id customer.care@Volkswagen.co.in used to work when I had been trying to get my bonnet repainted in 2010.

Last edited by sadnabrina : 28th July 2012 at 09:46.
sadnabrina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 11:43   #308
BHPian

VW Sundaram Motors Chennai - Not so good experience

Just back from Sundaram VW, Mount Road Chennai. Terrible experience :(
My Polo's AC vent broke last week & had an appointment to repair the same last Saturday. However, Friday evening they called me up & said some issue with the workshop & hence won't be able to take it up as promised & pushed the appointment to this Saturday (today). So I called up again yesterday to confirm the appointment & the lady promptly informed that it is confirmed & I can get my car to the workshop at 9 AM today.

Reported dot on time (a 30 km drive from my home in the Southern suburb) & the SA met me. He inspected the broken vent & said he has to check if the part was available (The lady on call yesterday confirmed that the stock was available & it'd cost 800 bucks. I asked her if it gets covered under warranty & she said that can be checked with the SA when I give the car). Despite the lady confirming stock availability, the SA says he needs to check it with the storeroom. (Slight disappointment to hear that after driving 30 kms). Anyways, the SA too confirms that stock is available & prepares the job card. I'm again asked to wait for sometime & 15 minutes pass by.

SA informs me that the part that they've in stock is damaged & won't be able to use that. However, some older part that was received in an earlier lot is available but it'd cost 2500 bucks & asks me if I'm OK with using that. I scream at the SA asking if I'm a fool to say yes. He somehow tries to convince me & I start walking back collecting my keys. Then I call up their Service Manager & he does his part in trying to convince me again. He just casually says "Sorry sir, it's a communication mistake from our side". Leave the place terribly disappointed. If such a small thing can't be handled well by these folks, its hard to see them doing a fine job in servicing.

A 60 km worth fuel wasted for no reason on an early Saturday morning :( First time servicing experience with Sundaram turned out to be a disaster. Have done the 15K kms first service & another major repair work with Ramani VW, Madurai. They did a fantastic job both the times, commitment was excellent & their adherence to commitment was even more fabulous. Despite being a better established brand, Sundaram Motors left me totally disgusted.

Last edited by vw19d : 28th July 2012 at 11:45.
vw19d is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 18:24   #309
BHPian

Facing small problems if anyone can help me.

I got my Polo Petrol HL serviced 10 days ago. It was second service. AFter I received the car back. I located three new problems for which the SE was not able to give me satisfactory answer.

1. There is continuous while (like electic motor) heard, particularly when fuel level is at or below 1/2 mark. SE says this is fuel pump noise and common to all Polos. I had never heard this noise in past two years. The Noise vanishes when fuel is above 1/2 mark.

2. There is increased vibration while idling.

3. Occassionally when I remove the key the Multy Function Display (MFD) resets to 0. except Odometer. That is the clock, Trip meter, Fuel consumption meter sets to zero.

Anyone please...
Old 1st August 2012, 07:20   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH

I got my Polo Petrol HL serviced 10 days ago. It was second service. AFter I received the car back. I located three new problems for which the SE was not able to give me satisfactory answer.

1. There is continuous while (like electic motor) heard, particularly when fuel level is at or below 1/2 mark. SE says this is fuel pump noise and common to all Polos. I had never heard this noise in past two years. The Noise vanishes when fuel is above 1/2 mark.

2. There is increased vibration while idling.

3. Occassionally when I remove the key the Multy Function Display (MFD) resets to 0. except Odometer. That is the clock, Trip meter, Fuel consumption meter sets to zero.

Anyone please...
1) The whine is from the fuel filter. Ask them to replace. They must have replaced during service but some dirt must have got into the new one. Insist on free replacement even if it is not very expensive. I had similar problem which vanished after they replaced the filter - but they charged me for it as it started after a few K kms of the service and they insisted that it was some bad fuel I must have got. Since I had refuelled at unknown highway pumps in between I did not argue.
2) Increased vibration may be a perception issue. But of you are confident then ask them to loosen the engine mount, run the engine for a while and tighten them back. That should cure most such cases.
3) I have never experienced such issues with a mfd/mid. Is there some loose contact? The SA needs to find out and fix it, whatever be the origin.
sadnabrina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 12:21   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post

Anyone please...
Hi Canpush!

Was it a general service or a breakdown service?

Check for loose contacts in all connectors starting from the Battery terminals..

All the best. Please update.
Old 6th August 2012, 23:52   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have asked this question on VW India's Twitter and Facebook page. No reply from them so far.
VW replied on their facebook page and refused to honor warranty.

Now, the noise is coming from rear right side because they interchanged the shock absorbers to confirm. It is light sound that keeps on coming even in plains and quite irritating.

What are the options for me now, price of one shock absorber is Rs.4,200/- IIRC. Do I need to change it or any other possible solution outside A**?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-untitled1.jpg  

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 6th August 2012 at 23:54.
Old 11th August 2012, 09:57   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Hi Canpush!

Was it a general service or a breakdown service?

Check for loose contacts in all connectors starting from the Battery terminals..

All the best. Please update.
It was regular general service.

I will surely check this.
Old 11th August 2012, 10:22   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VW replied on their facebook page and refused to honor warranty.

Now, the noise is coming from rear right side because they interchanged the shock absorbers to confirm. It is light sound that keeps on coming even in plains and quite irritating.

What are the options for me now, price of one shock absorber is Rs.4,200/- IIRC. Do I need to change it or any other possible solution outside A**?
If the Shocks are not covered in warranty beyond 10000 kms, then I think it makes sense to look at options outside the A**. They cannot refuse you future warranty on anything else in the car, since you had got the shocks fitted from outside.
Have a look at Bosch if there are any service centers nearby. Their parts are reasonably priced and they should be able to source the OEM/ similar shocks for you. Similar also with Brake pads and Clutch plates.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 12:45   #315
Senior - BHPian

Attention Polo and Vento Owners

My car's strut bearings had worn out (at 6k kms) due to water entering from where the bearings are mounted to the body (look under the mesh like plastic on the extremes of the bonnet) VW is replacing a smaller cap originally fitted, with a bigger one if customers complain of steering noise or at the time of service based on VIN no.

When I turned the steering wheel form left lock to center i could hear a dragging noise, but this was only heard at parking speeds or when the car is standing still on a flat surface, definitely not tyre noise and i could hear it come from somewhere in the steering column, on diagnosis worn out bearings were found to be the cause.

If you hear any noise other than tyre noise while turning, i'd recommend you get it checked. I could see technicians working on a Vento replacing the cap when i went to the shop floor (which btw is brilliant!) It requires 4-5 hours and costs Rs.2498 all inclusive if done out of warranty.

Here's a pic of the new bearing which went into my car, sorry couldn't click a pic of the old one.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img_20120810_180111.jpg  

Last edited by shashank.nk : 11th August 2012 at 12:53. Reason: Added photo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks