Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2012, 14:43   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

This is dreadful. In the five years of owning my Swift, I never had any such problems with Maruti MSM, and their place is crammed with cars to an unbelievable density. Their touch-up work was about as good as giving a paintbrush to a five-year-old, but at least they never damaged my car.

I think it is very necessary to photograph the car all round before or at delivery. I think we should also write "no scratches" or note the ones that are agreed, in our handwriting. Perhaps we should also write, "photographic record made." All this to protect ourselves from fraud --- and fraud by a dealer in premium cars!

My Polo survived its time at Abra in Ambatur. I had planned not to go that far for the service when it is due to next year, but your post is quite enough to make me want never to visit the VW Mounts Road. I'm glad we didn't buy the car off them.
Old 8th June 2012, 16:13   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocool2007 View Post
Hi I own a polo tdi 1.2 and it's a year old and was due for service and I had clocked only 4700 kms. So I booked an appointment on June 1 at VW TVS Mount road. After reading the service do and donts I had opted for Oil change and all the filters change. I had specifically told them not to do wheel allignment and wheel balancing. I get a call after three days stating that the car is ready and that the bill ,Amount is 12,000 ( labour charges was Rs.3000). I asked him for a breakup and the SA tells me that he has done wheel allignment and that it costs Rs.1300/. I had mentioned to the SA and told him to write it down in the job card to not to do wheel allignment and wheel balancing. S I told him that I won't be paying for the same and after he consulting with his manager informs me that he will take the labour of Rs.750 and that I will have to pay Rs.600 for the weights. I strictly tell him that I will not pay.

So an hour later he calls me that the car is ready and he has adjusted the amount and I can pay after deducting Rs.1300/.
So I along with my better half set out to Tvs mount road and sit in the lounge for about an hour waiting for the car and after making the payment. So finally the SA informs me that the car is ready and I told my wife to go around the car and have a through look for any scratches and dents as I was not happy with the cars being handled by unexperienced young boys at the VW TVS Mount road.

So I go check the interiors and it was a mess, dusty and the seats and door panels dirty and I immediately told the SA to clear this mess and told him to atleast vacuum and give it and in the mean while my wife found a big scratch and the paint had peeled (size of a 2 rupees coin) on the left side of the rear bumper and immediately tell the SA that scratch was not there when I left the car and sees the job card and he takes the original and vanishes and after 10 mins he comes back with a fresh marking on the job card and argues with me that this was there when I left it. He says he will touch up the scratch.
Since I do the detailing and cleaning of the car, I exactly know where the scratches are and he told me that there are CCTVs everywhere and we can find out, so I agreed and told him that I can wait and we will have a look at the CCTV. Again he vanishes for about 10 mins and comes back. Meanwhile I refused to take delivery of the car and told him that the car is not in the condition I gave it in for service, told him to sort it out and a strict no for touch up. Meanwhile he consults with his manager and comes back and tells me that he will rectify it and drop the car off at my place tomorrow and I told him strictly that I will pick the car up and they should not drop the car at my place. Meanwhile I wrote in the satisfaction note that I have not taken delivery of the
Car because of the scratch, etc etc.
We spend our hard earned money and buy a car and spend so much time and taking care of it and some fellow who is untrained manhandles the car and bangs it somewhere, is highly unacceptable.
I was so disappointed with the TVS VW service centre and I must tell you all that they lack training, knowledge and commitment. They don't know how to take care of the car and more over VW must take efforts to open more service centres.

I am waiting to see what they have done.

Gokul
I share your feelings Gokul. We save up money or take a loan that we work hard to pay back every month and these incompetent service center people have no respect for that. They think everyone that owns a car is floating in money. The VW service center in Mumbai (Lalbag) where I gave my car came back twice with huge grease marks smudged on the seats. The SA claimed these were already there of-course instead of admitting his mistake. It shows how carelessly these guys treat our cars when we are not around. I try very hard to keep my interiors clean in so much that I never drive with the windows down. And what do these guys do? All that hard work and care gone down the drain in one minute. They are quite shameless and treat the cars really bad. One can only imagine what goes on in those workshops. The sad part is VW is doing nothing to help. They routed all my complaints to back to the service centre.
Old 11th June 2012, 08:54   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This is dreadful. In the five years of owning my Swift, I never had any such problems with Maruti MSM, and their place is crammed with cars to an unbelievable density. Their touch-up work was about as good as giving a paintbrush to a five-year-old, but at least they never damaged my car.

I think it is very necessary to photograph the car all round before or at delivery. I think we should also write "no scratches" or note the ones that are agreed, in our handwriting. Perhaps we should also write, "photographic record made." All this to protect ourselves from fraud --- and fraud by a dealer in premium cars!

My Polo survived its time at Abra in Ambatur. I had planned not to go that far for the service when it is due to next year, but your post is quite enough to make me want never to visit the VW Mounts Road. I'm glad we didn't buy the car off them.
I agree with you that we should take photographs. Anyway VW mount road has repainted the patch in the body shop and though it is not top notch, I would say ok rather than having a scratch.
My sincere advice to VW owners going to VW mount road is that please don't sign the satisfaction note till you see the car and make sure you go around and check the exterior for any new scratches and also do a thorough check before you leave the car for service with your SA. if you are not satisfied, please refuse delivery and make comments in the satisfaction note. That's how I did it.

Gk
Old 19th June 2012, 12:50   #259

Hello there.
My Polo (petrol 1.2 comfortline) is due for its first 1 year service day after tomorrow.
I had 2 questions.

1. Why are the VW logos so expensive at Rs. 1800/-
2. Am having a slight problem putting my car into first gear. The gear doesn't engage some times and there is a little bit of a wobble in the gear rod. What could be causing this? IS this a major expense?
Old 19th June 2012, 14:23   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

If it is a problem, it should be a warranty matter.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 15:22   #261
Senior - BHPian

VW Service Center SA suggests me to change brake pads of my 25k driven Polo. He says that I should get it done in next 500-1000 kms.

What do you think guys? Please see the pictures and suggest.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-20120619_104308.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-20120619_104313.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-20120619_104321.jpg  

Old 19th June 2012, 16:46   #262
BHPian

The pads should last another 10k kms easy, though keep an eye after 5-6k kms
ragzv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 16:58   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
The pads should last another 10k kms easy, though keep an eye after 5-6k kms
I bought this car (used) at 24.5k with extended warranty (2+2) and VW maintenance package (3 years/45k kms).

In the 15k service invoice, it was mentioned to get the brake pads changed after 7000 kms (at 22000 kms).

I took the car to VWASS on 1st June for check-up/noise/VAS, etc. and got the engine mounting changed. At that time, SA advised me to get the the brake pads changed in next 500-1000 kms (if possible, even earlier).

Since I have the maintenance package, I don't need to pay for brake pads. SA scanned my documents and mailed them to VW for approval. I am yet to follow up because I did not feel that brake pads need immediate replacement.

These pictures were clicked this morning (after 500 kms.) when I got the rotation/alignment done. Will it last another 5k so that I can get it done at 30k service which is part of 30k service (and already paid for) ?
Old 19th June 2012, 17:08   #264
BHPian

I recently got my Fabia pads changed @ 45k had also picked up used (35k). The state of the pad was very similar to the one in your pictures when I bought. Though to avoid damage I was closely following up the wear every 1-2k kms since I bought the car.

The pads on the inner side of the disc are not visible when the tyre is mounted but generally the wear is similar. So saying from my experince that they should last for another 5-10 k kms.
ragzv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 23:03   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
If it is a problem, it should be a warranty matter.
Its a bit over a year since I bought the car.... Is it still covered by the warranty?
How long is the warranty on the polo?
Old 19th June 2012, 23:26   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoju View Post
Its a bit over a year since I bought the car.... Is it still covered by the warranty?
How long is the warranty on the polo?
You are safe. Standard warranty on Polo is 2 years.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 14:06   #267

As for why the logo or any other part is expensive, no one can answer that except for the guys at VW that want to make money after the car has been sold. And regarding the gear problem it could be a case of worn out mounting. It should be replaced for free as its under warranty. DO get it checked out thoroughly though as it could be something more serious.

Quote:
Hello there.
My Polo (petrol 1.2 comfortline) is due for its first 1 year service day after tomorrow.
I had 2 questions.

1. Why are the VW logos so expensive at Rs. 1800/-
2. Am having a slight problem putting my car into first gear. The gear doesn't engage some times and there is a little bit of a wobble in the gear rod. What could be causing this? IS this a major expense?
Oceanstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:36   #268

Hi there.
Gave the Polo for servicing yesterday and am supposed to pick it up today.
They asked me to laminate the matting below the rubber mats. Said will keep it dry n prevent a stench from developing in the rains.
It sounded good so asked them to do it.
Would like to know if any one else has done it and what are the reviews about it?
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:53   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi there.
They asked me to laminate the matting below the rubber mats. Said will keep it dry n prevent a stench from developing in the rains.
Would like to know if any one else has done it and what are the reviews about it?
I guess if you have the Kagu mats this would not be necessary. Post pics post your service on this .

Cheers!
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:18   #270

[quote=volkman10;2817064 Post pics post your service on this .

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Sorry, volkman, am a jr member still, but will try to as soon as I update my membership.....
Keep the conversation going so I reach 25 posts soon enough!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks